Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 11:48 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

This show is so freaking hilarious! Too many things to mention it's down right brilliant.
Old 04-28-15, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Re: The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

Originally Posted by movieking
Another good episode. This show came out of left field for me, and I'm glad that I started watching it. I love how it's always Melissa that calls out Phil. She takes such pleasure in it.
I think them dating in real life adds a nice dynamic to January Jones' natural ability to be a total bitch.
Old 04-29-15, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what's wrong with new Phil since his immediate reaction to Carol isn't to run away screaming.
Old 04-29-15, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jadzia
That's how I always felt about the Road Runner cartoons. Or even Lucy, on I Love Lucy.
Wyle E. did catch the Road Runner once. But he was 500 ft tall and didn't know what to do with him.
Old 04-29-15, 06:14 AM
Cool New Member

I don't even know where to begin. I was looking for a new show to watch and I saw some trailers for this show and thought it looked interesting. Sadly, I couldn't have been further from the truth. I think I laughed once or twice the 1st episode. I'm still confused on how this show is labeled "comedy". Apparently there are a lot of perfect reviews on this show and I saw one labeled "Funniest Thing I've Ever Seen" and I just had to stop right there. I have no idea who in their right mind would find this show anything but annoying. Oh my god. Don't even get me started on the characters. Would not recommend to anyone.
Old 04-29-15, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Well, I guess you can't please everyone.
Old 04-29-15, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lastActionHero
I don't even know where to begin. I was looking for a new show to watch and I saw some trailers for this show and thought it looked interesting. Sadly, I couldn't have been further from the truth. I think I laughed once or twice the 1st episode. I'm still confused on how this show is labeled "comedy". Apparently there are a lot of perfect reviews on this show and I saw one labeled "Funniest Thing I've Ever Seen" and I just had to stop right there. I have no idea who in their right mind would find this show anything but annoying. Oh my god. Don't even get me started on the characters. Would not recommend to anyone.
Weird that Sara Evans would choose the name "lastActionHero"
Old 04-29-15, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok grandpa
Old 04-29-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So here's my hope of what happens next: Phil is either going to run Tandy out of town (or leave town with the others to go to a better place for gardens, etc like he has said before), Tandy sets up in a new town/gets left behind, meets new survivors, and season two is about Tandy with the new group. Season three pits Tandy's town against Phil's town in a Jericho type of way.
Old 04-29-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

His middle name is fucking "Tandy"! That alone is worth a chuckle.
Old 04-29-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by movieking
So here's my hope of what happens next: Phil is either going to run Tandy out of town (or leave town with the others to go to a better place for gardens, etc like he has said before), Tandy sets up in a new town/gets left behind, meets new survivors, and season two is about Tandy with the new group. Season three pits Tandy's town against Phil's town in a Jericho type of way.
Heh...this could happen, I too have been thinking that the next step is for Ph...Tandy to either set-up shop in a different location, or New Phil peels off most of the survivors to follow-him to the promised land (aka, a location better fit for gardening), and the next season deals with regrets that folks left Tandy behind.

I could imagine that word gets out that more survivors have settled in Tandyland, and they are happy, so of course the ex-residents of Tandyland are curious as to why people are so happy, because they thought the Tandy they knew is grade A survivor repellent, and being with New Phil is not all it is cracked up to be, because he turns out to be a mini-tyrant/dictator, or something like that.
Old 04-29-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

My guess: Season 2 - new setting. Phil is alone again.

I enjoy the concept of the show more than the comedy.
Old 04-29-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

I hope it comes back as a mid-season show since a full 23 episode pickup would be too much.
Old 04-29-15, 05:35 PM

I still maintain that Phil is alone and the events of this show are in his head or he's in hell.
Old 05-03-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I gotta be honest with you Carol, I think you're making a big mistake here."

Great finale. I really love this show.
Old 05-03-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah that was a great finale. I'm glad they might be thinning out the cast again. Makes sense to keep Carol. She and Phil play well off one another. Loved the reveal at the end with Phil's brother (?) stuck in space all alone.
Old 05-03-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Was that a picture of Jason Sudekis as his brother? Sure looked like him.
Originally Posted by kstublen
Loved the reveal at the end with Phil's brother (?) stuck in space all alone.
Yeah, as previously noted, Jason Sudekis played Phil's brother.
Old 05-04-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was very happy with the ending of the season finale. Strange how I went from hating Carol to really liking her.
Old 05-04-15, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Weird how Sudekis was dating January Jones and now Forte is.
Old 05-04-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Weird how Sudekis was dating January Jones and now Forte is.
They are wiener cousins!
Old 05-04-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good finale. So I guess he's back to Phil instead of Tandy? I was beginning to like Tandy.

Nice to see wherever they end up, Carol brought along his ball friends from the bar.
Old 05-04-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great finale. I really enjoyed it, and even though I hated her at the beginning, I'm glad Carol is staying around.
Old 05-04-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So how does the guy live in space for 2 years? That seems like a bit of a stretch since most missions last a year at most.

Outside of that stupid nitpick, loved it. Don't really like Carol still being there, but I can live with it.
Old 05-04-15, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah come on and stick with realism and plausibility we've all come to expect!
Old 05-04-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I wonder if they'll even expand on Phil's brother. This show does whatever it wants. It could have just been a bittersweet ending gag to the season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.