Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory (S8E16) - "The Intimacy Acceleration" - 2/26/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-15, 03:42 PM

Received 4,628 Likes on 3,134 Posts
The Big Bang Theory (S8E16) - "The Intimacy Acceleration" - 2/26/15

WHEN THE GANG HEARS ABOUT AN EXPERIMENT DESIGNED TO MAKE PARTICIPANTS FALL IN LOVE, SHELDON AND PENNY PUT IT TO THE TEST, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, FEB. 26

"The Intimacy Acceleration" - As a joke, Sheldon and Penny try an experiment designed to make participants fall in love. Also, Leonard, Amy, Raj and Emily spend the evening trying to escape a room with a "zombie." And, after returning from Mrs. Wolowitz' funeral, Bernadette and Howard run into trouble at the airport, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 26 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.
Old 02-26-15, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory (S8E16) - "The Intimacy Acceleration" - 2/26/15

There weren't many laughs in this one. Especially with the Raj, Lennord,Emily & Amy storyline. What saved the episode was the Penny and Sheldon intimacy experiment. There was so many touching moments between the two that if you are a fan since the beginning of the show, it made it all the more poignant.
Old 02-27-15, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 953 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
There weren't many laughs in this one.
I dunno, Bernadette gave me a few genuine laughs, especially her "one way or another, we're walking out of here with a dead woman" line
Old 02-27-15, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Boring episode. All of it.
Old 02-27-15, 09:41 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

the laugh track is bugging the shit out of me. it's reached the Urkel problem (this is when i first started noticing bad laugh tracks), in that no matter what sheldon says, they hit the laugh track.

so even when a line of dialog is meant to just be a line of dialog and not a joke, you still hear some laughing or a kind of muffled laugh (like either they dont get the joke but feel they should be laughing anyway; or realize it wasn't actually a joke and cut the laughing short).

i did at 'bible juice' tho
Old 02-27-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel like they've almost done the sweet moments with Penny and Sheldon a little too much now. I liked the zombie room thing. I didn't care for Howard and Bernadette with the lost ashes; all of that seemed too typical.
Old 02-27-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I kept expecting the urn to fall out of his hands and spill ashes everywhere.
Old 02-27-15, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is by far the worst season, its really going downhill IMO. I miss when it was actually about science and nerdiness now its just another rom com. Seems like for every 1 great episode there are 5 crappy ones. Storylines are boring and not really going anywhere. I miss the days when it actually made me laugh hard. I wish they had done something more creative then Howard being at the airport and his mom passing away especially after how it ended last week when he found out.
Old 02-27-15, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,781 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
I kept expecting the urn to fall out of his hands and spill ashes everywhere.
I did, too.

An urn full of ashes in a sitcom is like Chekov's gun. If someone is carrying around someone's ashes, it WILL be spilled.
Old 02-27-15, 12:20 PM

Received 4,628 Likes on 3,134 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
I dunno, Bernadette gave me a few genuine laughs, especially her "one way or another, we're walking out of here with a dead woman" line
I got a good laugh out of that.
Old 02-27-15, 03:12 PM

The only good thing about the show was the Sheldon/Penny interaction. It reminded me of last year's Anything Can Happen Thursday episode where I was always hoping it would revert back to Sheldon and Penny.
Old 02-27-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this would have been the perfect opportunity for Sheldon to have lost his virginity. In a wave of emotions, he leans in to kiss Penny and one thing leads to another and they make sweet, tender love, with the experienced Penny taking the lead and showing inexperienced Sheldon the ropes. They could joke about how that's ONE thing that Penny is better at then Sheldon. Afterward, Sheldon could joke that the only one of the gang who hasn't seen Penny naked is Howard.

After which Sheldon finally sees that sex can be very gratifying and decides to finally do the deed with Amy. The awkwardness between Penny and Sheldon and the tension between Leonard and Sheldon would create opportunity for some hilarious moments. That's not even taking into account how crazy Amy would get once she'd found out that Sheldon and Penny had done it.
Old 02-27-15, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I think this would have been the perfect opportunity for Sheldon to have lost his virginity. In a wave of emotions, he leans in to kiss Penny and one thing leads to another and they make sweet, tender love, with the experienced Penny taking the lead and showing inexperienced Sheldon the ropes. They could joke about how that's ONE thing that Penny is better at then Sheldon. Afterward, Sheldon could joke that the only one of the gang who hasn't seen Penny naked is Howard.

After which Sheldon finally sees that sex can be very gratifying and decides to finally do the deed with Amy. The awkwardness between Penny and Sheldon and the tension between Leonard and Sheldon would create opportunity for some hilarious moments. That's not even taking into account how crazy Amy would get once she'd found out that Sheldon and Penny had done it.
This is The Big Bang Theory not Grey's Anatomy.
Old 02-27-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 953 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I did, too.

An urn full of ashes in a sitcom is like Chekov's gun. If someone is carrying around someone's ashes, it WILL be spilled.
Ya mean, sorta like two guys carrying a huge plate glass window in an action movie?
Old 02-27-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sheldon finally sees that sex can be very gratifying and decides to finally do the deed with Amy.
They're probably saving that big bang for the series finale.
Old 02-27-15, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 854 Likes on 596 Posts

They seem to be trying hard to give Sheldon some real feelings now and making him more sensitive. It happened multiple times this episode with Penny, the previous episode on Howard's moms death and when he revealed his feelings to Amy. He'll still be a dick, but not as often and it seems more toned down.

Very glad they didn't make Penny fall for Sheldon or the other way around. It's something this show doesn't need.

Also glad we didn't get the cliche'd dropping of the ashes scene.

I still think everyone is just sleepwalking through the show this season. It's just running on fumes.
Old 02-27-15, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

. Afterward, Sheldon could joke that the only one of the gang who hasn't seen Penny naked is Howard.

Sheldon already saw her naked. That time she fell in the shower.
Old 02-27-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This must be the worst idea i've ever heard/seen for this show, sarcastic or not.
Old 02-27-15, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
They're probably saving that big bang for the series finale.
I hope not, I'd love to see them explore the fallout from that, it'd make great material for a season finale so they could follow it up.

I know lots of shippers would love to see Penny and Sheldon get together, but I definitely prefer them having a very brother-sister-type relationship where they're comfortable sharing truths about themselves. Reminds me of a fried I had who I haven't talked to in forever. Fuck, now I miss her .

"I can read men's minds, but that's usually not that hard."
Listen, they say all that men think about is sex and beer. I'm hear to tell you, that's bullshit. I do NOT always think about beer!
Old 02-27-15, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was expecting the urn to be at least a few sizes larger than your average urn considering who was in it.
Old 02-28-15, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a lot of laughs here at all, which is par for the course this season.
Old 02-28-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This reads like "Twilight" fan fiction.
Old 02-28-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,283 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Not really sure why they bothered with this.. I mean I know they wanted all this for this episode and there wasn't really another way to do it but cremation is against the Jewish religion and we know his mom was pretty religious. Just saying. I know.. taking it too seriously but I would have sacrificed the cheap jokes in favor of keeping her character what it was.
Old 02-28-15, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Easily the best line of the season.
Old 03-01-15, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Easily the best line of the season.
Loved it. This episode had a few good lines. Decent all around.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.