Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified (S6E06) -- "Alive Day" -- 2/24/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Justified (S6E06) -- "Alive Day" -- 2/24/15

Episode 6 / Production #606 - "Alive Day" (Airs February 24, 10:00 pm e/p) - Raylan investigates a murder that has sown discord in Markham's camp. Boyd's latest heist forces him to revisit his mining days. Written by Benjamin Cavell & Jennifer Kennedy; directed by Peter Werner.

Episode 6 of 13
Old 02-24-15, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Justified (S6E06) -- "Alive Day" -- 2/24/15

Size doesn't start with a C???
Old 02-24-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

poor choo-choo, couldn't even get finished off by the train. Things starting to heat up on all fronts.
Old 02-24-15, 11:26 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Wonderful things happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes

I actually laughed out loud imagining choochoo hiding behind a coatrack after Tim said it.

Looks like it's gonna be mercs vs deputies
Old 02-25-15, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good episode, they picked up much more of the plot this week.

Liked the part with Zachariah cutting the board in the mine - didn't see that coming. Boyd's got people coming out him from all sorts of angles now.

I think it's time for Markham to revisit the guys he's hiring (in addition to finding a new realtor).

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley

Size doesn't start with a C???
Give the guy a break... Mikey was just a little aplexed
Old 02-25-15, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I still feel like there's just too much going on this season and it's almost as they crammed 2-3 seasons worth of material into 1 final one.
Old 02-25-15, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

adios ridiculously photogenic henchman. you were too smart for your own good. don't know what zach's angle is though.

congrats to the guy playing choo choo. he made what could have been a stupid character really human and sad at the end. taking a stand over the hooker may have been mistimed, but gave him some depth and i wish we had more seasons so this could have been drawn out.

i guess the jig is up and they are going after the pizza store. probably as boyd pops into the safe.

now ava is definitely the fried chicken in the pan.
Old 02-25-15, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
Wonderful things happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes

I actually laughed out loud imagining choochoo hiding behind a coatrack after Tim said it.

Looks like it's gonna be mercs vs deputies
Well, do me a favor and say it again slow so I can write it down.

Didn't Markham just lose all of his mercs out of this tussle? Walker and Seabass are fugitives now, the two no-named "night shift" guys that went as backups got gunned down. Choo choo nearly went out with a bang, it was hilarious he stepped in front of a slow train...
Old 02-25-15, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Didn't Markham just lose all of his mercs out of this tussle? Walker and Seabass are fugitives now, the two no-named "night shift" guys that went as backups got gunned down.
Yeah, unless he has a bunch of other dudes he can bring in, I don't see how he can continue his plan. It was great that they caught the mercs red-handed, but I'm surprised they did so only half way through the season.
Old 02-26-15, 10:59 AM

I'm not sure what Ava's uncle's motive is for throwing the guy down the shaft. And if it's against Boyd why didn't he "accidentally" drop Boyd while pulling him up.

Why would Limehouse rat out Ava to Boyd? Seems out of character for him. What's the long game?

Hale - Duffy - Markham - Boyd there's a lot going on there and each one's motivation is convoluted.
Old 02-26-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by barelypure
I'm not sure what Ava's uncle's motive is for throwing the guy down the shaft. And if it's against Boyd why didn't he "accidentally" drop Boyd while pulling him up.

Why would Limehouse rat out Ava to Boyd? Seems out of character for him. What's the long game?

Hale - Duffy - Markham - Boyd there's a lot going on there and each one's motivation is convoluted.
limehouse didn't get his money that ava promised. He knows she doesn't have anything to offer now or in the future. Boyd does.
Old 02-26-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

the uncle's motive for throwing the guy down the shaft was that he recognized the boards had been cut, not rotted out. that would imply tampering and he could tell boyd, who would be suspicious of the uncle. it was the only way to be sure the guy didn't talk.
Old 02-26-15, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Is it just me, or does it seem like Joelle Carter has more screen time and lines so far this season than any other actor on the show? Which is fine, because I think she's stepped up her game and has been doing a pretty remarkable job of doing some heavy lifting with every situation they've thrown her in.
Old 02-26-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

And if it's against Boyd why didn't he "accidentally" drop Boyd while pulling him up.
Wasn't the other guy around then? I thought so but can't recall. Agree it's not real clear what's really going on here at present, but I have faith it'll come into focus soon.

That shootout was weird too. I'd have thought between Raylan and Tim they'd be able to take care of everyone.
Old 02-26-15, 11:46 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
That shootout was weird too. I'd have thought between Raylan and Tim they'd be able to take care of everyone.
they're special ops guys (at least walker and choochoo) so i'd imagine they'd present more of a challenge. choochoo took like 4 shots.

i hope tim gets to use the rifle.
Old 02-26-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Damn. Choo choo didn't get choo choo'd.
Old 02-26-15, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Wasn't the other guy around then? I thought so but can't recall. Agree it's not real clear what's really going on here at present, but I have faith it'll come into focus soon.
The uncle specifically asked Boyd to grab an oil (?) can which led him right over the cut board. I think he was simply trying to kill Boyd and make it look like an accident. The other guy was indeed around, as he initially rushed over to save Boyd before the uncle stopped him and they did the rope thing. I assume Ava's uncle threw the guy down the shaft later on because he feared that he would eventually tell Boyd about the cut board, and Boyd would probably quickly figure out it was Ava's uncle trying to kill him

What wasn't clear is why the uncle saved him - seems like he could have 'accidentally' shifted one of the boards when he was reaching down for Boyd or fail to grab him and let him drop to his death. Maybe he thought Boyd's guy would see him do that?
Old 02-27-15, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dave99
limehouse didn't get his money that ava promised. He knows she doesn't have anything to offer now or in the future. Boyd does.
Except Limehouse and Boyd don't really have a relationship, much less a good one. So unless Limehouse is going to get involved with Boyd, which I don't see happening since he wants to keep his part of the mountain as a safe haven for his own activities, why tell Boyd. I doubt Boyd is going to pay him for the information. It just seems out of character. Esp. when Errol was intercepted by Patton so he couldn't follow thru on getting the money. Or at least as far as Limehouse knew.
Old 02-27-15, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dave99
Originally Posted by wirefan
The uncle specifically asked Boyd to grab an oil (?) can which led him right over the cut board. I think he was simply trying to kill Boyd and make it look like an accident. The other guy was indeed around, as he initially rushed over to save Boyd before the uncle stopped him and they did the rope thing. I assume Ava's uncle threw the guy down the shaft later on because he feared that he would eventually tell Boyd about the cut board, and Boyd would probably quickly figure out it was Ava's uncle trying to kill him

What wasn't clear is why the uncle saved him - seems like he could have 'accidentally' shifted one of the boards when he was reaching down for Boyd or fail to grab him and let him drop to his death. Maybe he thought Boyd's guy would see him do that?
That's what struck me as well and why I asked. As to the other guy seeing the boards were cut Zach could still have pushed him down the hole then told the guy at the entrance that Boyd fell and the other guy fell trying to rescue him. I just don't see what Zach's game is. And won't Boyd go back and see the boards are cut. If Zach removes the boards that would make Boyd suspicious as well.
Old 02-27-15, 11:28 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Caught up with the latest 3 episodes last night and damn if this season isn't entertaining as hell. Sam Elliott was a great addition this season
Old 02-27-15, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Damn. Choo choo didn't get choo choo'd.
Yeah, although it was comically ironic when the train stopped a few feet away. Not very realistic but effective from a story standpoint.

Choo Choo...we hardly knew ye.
Old 02-27-15, 04:42 PM

That's what struck me as well and why I asked. As to the other guy seeing the boards were cut Zach could still have pushed him down the hole then told the guy at the entrance that Boyd fell and the other guy fell trying to rescue him. I just don't see what Zach's game is. And won't Boyd go back and see the boards are cut. If Zach removes the boards that would make Boyd suspicious as well.
Yeah - there clearly seems to be something missing, or it's just a bit sloppy on the details (which hasn't been the case too much on this show). As for the boards he could just dump them in the shaft and claim they fell in with Boyd's man.

My other thought was that Zachariah set it up so he could save Boyd and earn his trust so he could double cross him later. Maybe he either knows where they are tunneling to, or just assumes that if Boyd is paying him a bunch of money there must be a big score. Or maybe Ava has double crossed Boyd and let the Uncle know what they are planning?

The only problem with that crazy theory is that it would seem impossible that he can set up the boards and know Boyd would somehow get wedged in and not fall to his death.
Old 02-27-15, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by wirefan
Yeah - there clearly seems to be something missing, or it's just a bit sloppy on the details (which hasn't been the case too much on this show). As for the boards he could just dump them in the shaft and claim they fell in with Boyd's man.

My other thought was that Zachariah set it up so he could save Boyd and earn his trust so he could double cross him later. Maybe he either knows where they are tunneling to, or just assumes that if Boyd is paying him a bunch of money there must be a big score. Or maybe Ava has double crossed Boyd and let the Uncle know what they are planning?

The only problem with that crazy theory is that it would seem impossible that he can set up the boards and know Boyd would somehow get wedged in and not fall to his death.
A much more likely theory is that he did it to get boyd out the the mine. Assume that zach has his own scheme going on behind boyd's back.
Old 02-27-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Except Limehouse and Boyd don't really have a relationship, much less a good one. So unless Limehouse is going to get involved with Boyd, which I don't see happening since he wants to keep his part of the mountain as a safe haven for his own activities, why tell Boyd. I doubt Boyd is going to pay him for the information. It just seems out of character. Esp. when Errol was intercepted by Patton so he couldn't follow thru on getting the money. Or at least as far as Limehouse knew.
They kind of covered that on the phone, clearly no love lost between them. Limehouse was offering the info for free to try to mend the relationship. Boyd isn't someone you want angry with you, if nothing else perhaps they get back to even keel.
Old 03-01-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

There still a long way to go, but so far this season is a vast improvement over last year on a number of fronts.

First, Sam Elliot and the gang are much better adversaries that the Michael Rappaport brood. While Ava's probably still getting a little too much story time, at least it's worth watching this year unlike the prison stuff which was just tedious. Finally, I love any time Raylan and Tim are working together and it felt like Jacob Pitts was only in like three episodes last year. That helps a lot too.

Farewell Choo-Choo. We hardly knew you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.