Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle (S7E15) -- "Reckoning" -- 2/16/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Castle (S7E15) -- "Reckoning" -- 2/16/15

THE 12TH PRECINCT MATCHES WITS WITH 3XK AND KELLY NIEMAN, ON PART 2 OF ABC'S "CASTLE"

"Reckoning" - In the second installment of the Castle two-parter, stakes rise as the 12th Precinct matches wits with serial killers Jerry Tyson (3XK) and Dr. Kelly Nieman. With the clock ticking, Castle and the team must crack the case before the killers claim their next victim, on Part 2 of "Castle," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Annie Wersching as Dr. Kelly Nieman, Michael Mosley as Jerry Tyson.

"Reckoning" was written by Andrew W. Marlowe and directed by Rob Bowman.

"Castle" is produced by ABC Studios. The executive producers are Andrew Marlowe (creator), David Amann (showrunner), Rob Bowman, Armyan Bernstein, Rob Hanning and Terri Edda Miller.

Episode 15 of 23
Old 02-16-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts
Re: Castle (S7E15) -- "Reckoning" -- 2/16/15

I sure hope Beckett doesn't die tonight.
Old 02-17-15, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Damn it. Why kill 3XK off? Blah. I mean they were good episodes but I liked Castle having a nemesis out there.
Old 02-20-15, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Bummer that they killed off Nieman and 3XK. Annie Wersching was quite good and diabolical as Nieman. I agree they should have kept him or her as a continuing nemesis for Castle and Beckett.

Espo as a sniper taking out 3Xk was pretty badass.

This 2 episode arc IMO wasn't the strongest Castle "dark" episodes. They were alright, but I think the ones they've done in the past with Adrian Pasdar and Dana Delany in years past were more compelling. Even the one with Castle's father and his daughter being kidnapped with more compelling than this one. This arc was kinda meh and predictable.
Old 02-21-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree it's nice to have a nemesis, but there are only so many times you can bring back the same bad guy and have them get away before it becomes even more unbelievable than it already is.

It's like in comic books. How many times can Batman let the Joker go before he realizes maybe the world would be a better place if he killed him.
Old 05-26-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

In hingsight, this two parter ("Resurrection," and, "Reckoning") shows that Castle was still going strong at a very high level. No, these were not the best, "Dark," episodes the series had ever produced, but they were still really good.

And the twists that they put in this episode worked. The way that
Spoiler:
Castle played 3XK was beautiful and was pretty unexpected - you expected the cavalry to come, but you didn't expect Castle to play 3XK the way 3XK had been playing everyone for years.

My memory of Seasons 7 & 8 was of a significant dropoff in quality from Seasons 5 & 6. I'm halfway through Season 7 for the first time in a while, and that just isn't true. I'll see about Season 8 soon, but at this point Season 7 is more than solid. It's still very entertaining and compelling, and still provides some twists and surprises that actually surprise!