Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (S1E12) - "Crazy for You" - 2/3/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-03-15, 08:27 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

LOVE IS IN THE AIR - Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) decides that she and Barry (Grant Gustin) need to move on from Ronnie (guest star Robbie Amell) and Iris (Candice Patton) and find new loves so she takes him for a night out at the local karaoke bar. Caitlin doesn't have any luck making a love connection but Barry meets Linda Park (guest star Malese Jow), a sports reporter for the Central City Picture News, and asks her out on a date. When Barry tells Iris he has a date, Iris is surprised by her reaction. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Ramon) considers Hartley's (guest star Andy Mientus) dangerous offer and the team searches for Shawna (guest star Britne Oldford), a meta-human with teleportation powers, who just busted her boyfriend Clay (guest star Micah Parker) out of Iron Heights. When Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipps) snoops around in an attempt to help Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Barry solve the crime, he ends up in the infirmary after getting roughed up by inmates. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#112). Original airdate 2/3/2015.
Old 02-03-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Re: The Flash (S1E12) - "Crazy for You" - 2/3/15

Spoilers about changes in the show:

Spoiler:
[QUOTE]
The CW's hit series "The Flash" is slated to introduce a time travel element in the fifteenth episode of the season. Ahead of that, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells Entertainment Weekly that this new power will have consequences both good and bad for the characters:

"There's an episode coming up where there is inadvertent connection to the Speed Force that results in probably our funniest hour as well as our darkest hour as the dangers of time travel come to light. It's a mashup between Back to The Future and Terminator-the good version of time travel and the bad version of time travel."

The show's star Grant Gustin says the episode is also influenced by the 1993 comedy "Groundhog Day" which will see Barry accidentally traveling at first, and then coming to realise the power that comes with what he's doing:

"It's a complete accident the first time [he time travels]. It's really confusing because now we're playing with timelines and we're having to shoot things a couple different ways. It's like a Groundhog Day-type element. It's really funny and really exciting.

He's not handling it incredibly well. It's freaking him out a little bit. He realizes, 'Holy shit, this an opportunity to change things with my family's past.' He doesn't know yet to maybe not do that, but that's where Barry's at when he realizes what he's just learned that he can do, that he can maybe save his mom."

Kreisberg also adds that: "After that episode, things are never going to be the same on The Flash." No air date has been set for the time travel episode yet.
Old 02-03-15, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Is it weird that they have Linda Park as a love interest for Barry? They couldn't have named her something else.

Not a bad episode. A lot of cute moments but it seems the main purpose was to lay more backstory for future episodes (Grood, Firestorm, Piped Piper, Barry's love square)
Old 02-03-15, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Fun seeing Grant Gustin channel his Glee powers for the karaoke number.

Peek-a-boo was a neat character to see but she also suffers from Flash's terribly named rogues gallery.

Also cool that Cisco has a little bit of fighting ability - not something that I expected to see. Of course, he's still a fuck-up and let out the Pied Piper for no good reason, but hey...one less mouth to feed in their prison I suppose.

And I guess we'll see how Grodd is in full light. It wasn't a bad appearance tonight but I am worried that he's going to come across really cheesy on a TV show budget.
Old 02-03-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Is it weird that they have Linda Park as a love interest for Barry?
I was thinking the same thing. Sort of creepy knowing Flash's history.
Old 02-04-15, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Even when Wally is added to the show, presumably he'll be in his teen years. Unless this show is on for 12 years or something, I don't think we'll have enough time in which Wally would be old enough to seriously consider marriage. So the Linda Park character doesn't bother me that much. This is just the much older sister of that Linda Park. I should get a no-prize.

I think they dragged this Firestorm thing out too long. It's not like his addition was a big secret, almost everyone knew he was coming. It will feel anti-climatic when he does appear as himself.
Old 02-04-15, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a Wally Fanboy, I disliked the Linda Park thing.

As a Flash fanboy, that end scene had me marking out.
Old 02-04-15, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I should get a no-prize.
I think you meant to ask for a Baldie Award.
Old 02-04-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Were they implying that Caitlin was falling for Barry?
Old 02-04-15, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Were they implying that Caitlin was falling for Barry?
That's what I thought.

Slightly off topic, this show had me wondering whatever happened to Danielle Panabaker's sister, Kay. Is it true that she retired from acting to pursue a career as a zoologist?

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-04-15 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-04-15, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

I find it odd that they have basically made Iris into a carbon copy of Lois Lane.
Old 02-04-15, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another episode with multiple scenes in their special prison with nothing explaining how it supposedly works logistically. Really try to enjoy the show, but there is just no getting around how badly that was laid out. Since they have improved on the here one fight, gone in the next, use of his powers the prison is the only element that takes away from their story.
Old 02-04-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The prisoner's needs are taken care for by the computer AI. When needed a bed, toilet, shower or whatever comes out of the walls. Once the object is not needed it goes back into the wall to be cleaned by machines. Wells being from the future knew a prison would be needed so he made sure he had one ready. I'm not sure why he made the prison inside his energy thingy but why not kill two birds with one stone. Also before you ask Wells did get permission from the government to housed these bad guys. This prison is no different than the hundreds of private prisons where we send people we never want to hear from again. You might think it is illegal but terrorist have no rights and besides they will get their day in court some day. They might have to wait 40 or 50 years but they will get their day in court.
Old 02-04-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Another episode with multiple scenes in their special prison with nothing explaining how it supposedly works logistically. Really try to enjoy the show, but there is just no getting around how badly that was laid out. Since they have improved on the here one fight, gone in the next, use of his powers the prison is the only element that takes away from their story.
I don't think we will see a change in the prison design until next season. They are stuck with that set for at least season one.
Old 02-05-15, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

I thought Peek-A-Boo 1st comic book appearance in FLASH #180 2nd series was rather BLAH.
But I enjoyed her on the TV series.

Ending scene was a Killer.
Old 02-05-15, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, not really familiar with the significance of Linda Park. Can someone enlighten me? In spoilers if needed.
Old 02-05-15, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Sorry, not really familiar with the significance of Linda Park. Can someone enlighten me? In spoilers if needed.
She was the girlfriend/wife of Wally West in the comics.
Old 02-05-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
it's a show about a guy who can run 600+ MPH and had a character that could teleport, and we are hung up on if there is a shitter in the special prison? really?
Old 02-05-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
it's a show about a guy who can run 600+ MPH and had a character that could teleport, and we are hung up on if there is a shitter in the special prison? really?
If Caitlin suddenly started flying, would you expect an explanation? After all, it's a show about a guy who can run 600+ MPH.

They established this bizarre logistical nightmare and brushed it off like it was no big deal. They are now running the equivalent of Iron Heights Prison with 3 people, none of whom have any experience dealing with prisoners. That's a really strange thing to not explain in any way.
Old 02-05-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Draven
If Caitlin suddenly started flying, would you expect an explanation? After all, it's a show about a guy who can run 600+ MPH.

They established this bizarre logistical nightmare and brushed it off like it was no big deal. They are now running the equivalent of Iron Heights Prison with 3 people, none of whom have any experience dealing with prisoners. That's a really strange thing to not explain in any way.
sure, i'd expect an explanation if she could start flying because that would be integral to the story and her character. whether or not if they have a sink or a crapper in their prison is irrelevant to the plot of the show.
Old 02-05-15, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least it's not the level of not really adressing how a certain character in another in-universe show is alive
Old 02-05-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

sure, i'd expect an explanation if she could start flying because that would be integral to the story and her character. whether or not if they have a sink or a crapper in their prison is irrelevant to the plot of the show.
Ok, what if this prison was in an alternate dimension and they had to step through a mystical portal to get there? That wouldn't necessarily be integral to the story but you'd expect someone to address it, right?

The easier thing to do would be to have Wells donate money to the city to build out Iron Heights as the superprison it's actually supposed to be. Sticking every evil metahuman they capture in their basement and forgetting about them until the plot dictates otherwise is pretty lazy.
Old 02-05-15, 02:26 PM

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
She was the girlfriend/wife of Wally West in the comics.
...who is the nephew of Iris and the next Flash after Barry.
Old 02-05-15, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Yeah, I must admit I briefly wondered about it too, but it's one of those things you just put aside, given the universe/genre we're talking about.
Old 02-05-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
The easier thing to do would be to have Wells donate money to the city to build out Iron Heights as the superprison it's actually supposed to be. Sticking every evil metahuman they capture in their basement and forgetting about them until the plot dictates otherwise is pretty lazy.
Lazy is too kind. They have taken multiple steps to explain powers, and make everything else pretty grounded in reality. To just sluff off the prison logistics is just bad show running. We all can still enjoy the whole, but there is no getting around the faults (again, I admit they have done a better job with the fights after the first few hiccups in logic, but those still happen as well).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.