Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Shameless (S5E04) - "A Night to Remem...Wait, What?" - 2/1/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-01-15, 12:04 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Frank tries to retrace his steps after an epic bender to find what he did with his six-figure insurance settlement; Gus admits he is falling in love with Fiona; Lip visits Amanda in Miami; Carl starts a new job as a drug dealer; Debbie develops a new crush; Debbie begins training at Derek's boxing gym; Kev blows off a date because he doesn't want to leave the girls with a sitter.
Old 02-02-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Shameless (S5E04) - "A Night to Remem...Wait, What?" - 2/1/15

I haven't watched the episode yet, but apparently there was some nice work from Emmy Rossum tonight.
Old 02-02-15, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meeeh, not touching the gentrification storyline at all and while the Frank story seemed interesting at first, it felt really just thrown in there as if we were missing some aspect of the repercussions of blowing up the house other than Sammi wanting a new trailer.

No clue where they're going with the marriage out of nowhere. Other than Fiona makes stupid decisions.
Old 02-02-15, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd like to know who sold him the 911(991) for 60K. You can't touch a used 2012 for less than 70K and that's for the standard Carrera.
Old 02-02-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At the auto show this year, they had a 911 of some sort roped off and behind glass and a locked door.
Old 02-02-15, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
Meeeh, not touching the gentrification storyline at all and while the Frank story seemed interesting at first, it felt really just thrown in there as if we were missing some aspect of the repercussions of blowing up the house other than Sammi wanting a new trailer.
Maybe they figured this was a throwaway episode up against the Super Bowl or something. I expect better from Shameless that to recycle The Hangover movies.
Old 02-02-15, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Solid episode. I'm liking this season so far a lot more than season 4. Anyone remember if Joan Cusack was in the intro?
Old 02-03-15, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Joan's gone, homie. to be seen no more.
Old 02-03-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a big V fan but she had some of the funniest lines in this episode.
Old 02-03-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really not sure where they're going with Fiona getting married. It felt like they needed to give her something to do... and possibly set up an issue with Steve/Jimmy later?

Don't care about the V storyline... being horny or issues with the kids. Dull.

They're taking their time setting up Ian's eventual explosion. Is it me, or does it sound like he's talking with a mouthful of marbles or something?

I'm more interested in what's happening with Lip. Need more storylines based around him.

Franks antics are getting tiring.... especially having another Hangover scenario.
Old 02-03-15, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like this slow build up to a breakdown for Ian. They've done hard drama well in the past so I wouldn't be surprised to see that turn into something good.

Lip's girlfriend isn't hot enough to be as crazy as she is. He should have stuck with Mandy.

I guess I'm the minority. I thought Frank's storyline was hilarious. A nice break from the main story.

I'm started to lose interest in pretty much everything else. V/Kevin was dead the second the season started. Fiona getting married didn't feel like a big deal because it's better than most of her other decisions. Deb has some potential but she's weirding me out.
Old 02-03-15, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Really not sure where they're going with Fiona getting married. It felt like they needed to give her something to do... and possibly set up an issue with Steve/Jimmy later?

Don't care about the V storyline... being horny or issues with the kids. Dull.

They're taking their time setting up Ian's eventual explosion. Is it me, or does it sound like he's talking with a mouthful of marbles or something?

I'm more interested in what's happening with Lip. Need more storylines based around him.

Franks antics are getting tiring.... especially having another Hangover scenario.
I agree with you on all points.

I think they are definitely setting up the marriage to coincide with her running into Steve (which will be annoying).

Lip has always been the most interesting character in the family to me. They could make an entire show around him and I would be good.

The other running story-lines seems like it's been there, seen it. I think they are running out of fresh ideas.
Old 02-04-15, 09:58 AM

As to Frank the time line is wrong. There's no way he could give Diamond $121K and Diamond have prosthetics made in 2 days. I understand they couldn't drag out the story to fit so they should have chosen another business venture.
Also, it wasn't funny seeing kids missing limbs. Watching Frank dragging the 1 legged girl around the room was sickening.
As to Fiona, you have to wonder what she was thinking as she was cleaning up and Gus parked himself on the couch to play the guitar. All she did was add another household to keep in order rather than escaping from her miserable life.
Lip's girlfriend is going to dump him as he no longer fits her plans to punish her parents. Hopefully Lip can escape the life by being mentored by her father.
Old 02-04-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
Lip's girlfriend is going to dump him as he no longer fits her plans to punish her parents. Hopefully Lip can escape the life by being mentored by her father.
I thought the same thing, until she turned and she had that huge smile on her face.