Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

Old 01-23-15, 11:19 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
lukewarmwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States of HELL YEAH!!!
Posts: 1,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

I'm not entirely sure who said it and which episode. I thought it was from Homer at the Bat and involved Wade Boggs and Barney. From what I remembered the bit was something like this.

Barney and Wade Boggs are sitting at Moes.
Barney: I'm a big fan of yours?
Boggs: You like baseball?
Barney: Baseball?

But I looked online and I don't think its from the episode. Does this ring any bells for anyone? thanks-
Old 01-23-15, 11:37 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 42,260
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater View Post
I'm not entirely sure who said it and which episode. I thought it was from Homer at the Bat and involved Wade Boggs and Barney. From what I remembered the bit was something like this.

Barney and Wade Boggs are sitting at Moes.
Barney: I'm a big fan of yours?
Boggs: You like baseball?
Barney: Baseball?

But I looked online and I don't think its from the episode. Does this ring any bells for anyone? thanks-
Haven't seen it, but this says that episode is the only one Boggs appears in.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Wade_Boggs_(character)
Old 01-23-15, 11:55 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,240
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

I like the one with Barney's movie.
He is sitting next to a woman and he belches in his usual way.

The woman asks "what crawled inside of you and died?"
He responds with, "It didn't die."
Old 01-24-15, 12:21 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacramento, Calif.
Posts: 13,526
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater View Post
I'm not entirely sure who said it and which episode. I thought it was from Homer at the Bat and involved Wade Boggs and Barney. From what I remembered the bit was something like this.

Barney and Wade Boggs are sitting at Moes.
Barney: I'm a big fan of yours?
Boggs: You like baseball?
Barney: Baseball?

But I looked online and I don't think its from the episode. Does this ring any bells for anyone? thanks-
Yeah, the exchange between Barney and Wade Boggs was in regards to who was the greatest Prime Minister in the history of England.

"Lord Palmerston!"
"Pitt the Elder!"

The exchange you're thinking of might be between Barney and David Crosby.

It's in the episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" from Season 5. The Be Sharps won the Grammy for Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word, or Barbershop Album of the Year, and David Crosby presents the award to them.



Barney: David Crosby? You’re my hero!
David Crosby: Oh, you like my music?
Barney: You’re a musician?
Old 01-24-15, 12:52 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
lukewarmwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States of HELL YEAH!!!
Posts: 1,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

Originally Posted by My Other Self View Post
Yeah, the exchange between Barney and Wade Boggs was in regards to who was the greatest Prime Minister in the history of England.

"Lord Palmerston!"
"Pitt the Elder!"

The exchange you're thinking of might be between Barney and David Crosby.

It's in the episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" from Season 5. The Be Sharps won the Grammy for Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word, or Barbershop Album of the Year, and David Crosby presents the award to them.



Barney: David Crosby? You’re my hero!
David Crosby: Oh, you like my music?
Barney: You’re a musician?
Yes! that was it thank you!
Old 01-24-15, 07:50 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,926
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Trying to find simpsons quote/joke, from which episode.

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
I like the one with Barney's movie.
He is sitting next to a woman and he belches in his usual way.

The woman asks "what crawled inside of you and died?"
He responds with, "It didn't die."
He didn't belch, he was talking to her after overhearing her compliment his short film.

A woman watching the short film is moved.
Woman: It's brilliant: savagely honest, tender... he has the soul of a poet.
Barney: You're very kind.
Woman: Excuse me, did something crawl down your throat and die?
Barney: It didn't die!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.