TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sleepy Hollow (S2E12) -- "Paradise Lost" -- 1/5/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Sleepy Hollow (S2E12) -- "Paradise Lost" -- 1/5/14

EVERYTHING CHANGES ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, JANUARY 5, ON FOX

Reeling from the events of their standoff with Moloch, Ichabod and Abbie encounter an angel, Orion, that they believe can help them. Meanwhile, Katrina searches for the humanity in Abraham in the all-new "Paradise Lost" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Jan. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-212) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Katia Winter as Katrina Crane; John Noble as Henry Parish, Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

Guest Cast : Max Brown as Orion

Episode 12 of 18
Old 01-06-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: Sleepy Hollow (S2E12) -- "Paradise Lost" -- 1/5/14

Well - that was disappointing.

The show seems to be teetering on going off the rails for me, with a tired rogue angel subplot (yawn), some 3rd tier Buffy-verse caliber demons who can't fight and a laughable spend-too-much-time-on-it love triangle with Crane, Katrina and Abraham.

I still like the look of the show and the characters, but this has the feel of not knowing where it's going.

I hope this is not a harbinger of the rest of the season...
Old 01-06-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm getting major Supernatural flashbacks with the angel. The mythology for this show is getting increasingly tangled. Digital camera-work was particularly hyperactive this week for some reason. Good fight choreography and top-notch makeup, but choppy editing.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 01-06-15 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-06-15, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm interested in seeing where this show goes. Right now, it's sort of in limbo with no real bad guy and no real sense of purpose. I guess that's to be expected when you kill of the big bad and his servant goes missing. A lot of fans are ripping it apart, so I'm not sure how much life the show has left. It's clear that they need to get Katrina out of the way because fans do not like her character at all.
Old 01-06-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm just happy to see that Irving is back and it will be interesting to see what the writer have planned for his character. They either need to give Katrina something real to do or they need to get rid of her because she is annoying.
Old 01-06-15, 07:02 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

No one dies in Sleepy Hollow.
Old 01-07-15, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked this episode. Angel with Xena weapons was cool but he showed up out of nowhere. I like the tension between Abbie and Kat. And the Captain coming back was cool but I hope they explain why he is back.

I think there are to many cooks or angels on tv now. Constantine has angels. Supernatural has angels. That one angel show with the guy from buffy has angels. Doctor Who has weeping angels. Xmen cartoon has a mutant angel. Walking dead has zombie angels. Arrow has a nerdy angel. Lost Girl has dark fae with wings that have sex with Bo and are really close to angels. There is a angel under my bed.

I thought the show was canceled. I think it will be soon. I hear they are changing the time and playing episodes at odd times. For example there is a two week break now and when it comes back it will be at a new time. I think they are shoving the show into a closet to be canceled.
Old 01-07-15, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

the break is just so it doesnt go up against the Ohio St./Oregon game. I have no clue about a time shift.
Old 01-07-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Goddamn, with the Ichabod-Katrina-Abraham-Abigail bullshit, this might as well be Eighteenth Century Couples Therapy.

Or Ye Olde Jerre Springer Programme.
Old 01-17-15, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I think there are to many cooks or angels on tv now. Constantine has angels. Supernatural has angels. That one angel show with the guy from buffy has angels. Doctor Who has weeping angels. Xmen cartoon has a mutant angel. Walking dead has zombie angels. Arrow has a nerdy angel. Lost Girl has dark fae with wings that have sex with Bo and are really close to angels. There is a angel under my bed.
It used to be cool when angels would show up on a fantasy show, but I agree they've become terribly trite clichés from overuse.

I didn't mind this episode, though the change in direction introducing an angel feels derivative because it is derivative. I guess if they avoid expanding the mythology beyond one rogue angel, it won't be a problem. Supernatural ran them into the ground, introducing hundreds of them as disposable fodder.

I get the feeling Katrina ends up with the headless horseman. I like both of those characters sticking around, even if Katrina isn't "married" to Ichabod.
Old 01-17-15, 08:44 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I have a feeling Sleepy Hollow doesn't get a S3.