Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Resurrection (S2E10) -- "Prophecy" -- 1/4/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Resurrection (S2E10) -- "Prophecy" -- 1/4/15

JACOB GOES MISSING WITH MARGARET IN THE MIDST OF A STORM, ON ABC'S "RESURRECTION"

Jim Parrack ("True Blood") Guest Stars

"Prophecy" - As a violent storm hits Arcadia, knocking out all the power, Jacob goes missing - along with Margaret, and The Langstons and Bellamy struggle to find them. Meanwhile, the tempest signals the arrival of another visitor - a stranger (guest star Jim Parrack) with a mysterious link to Bellamy, on "Resurrection," SUNDAY, JANUARY 4 (9:01-10:01 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Resurrection" stars Omar Epps as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston.

Guest cast includes Michelle Fairley as Margaret Langston, Jim Parrack as Preacher James, Faye Foley as 10-year-old Margaret, Bailey Borders as 17-year-old Margaret, Nadej Bailey as Jenny, Randy Havens as Kyle and Lars Gerhard as the angry man.

"Prophecy" was written by Aaron Zelman and directed Christopher Misiano.

Episode 10 of 13
Old 01-05-15, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Resurrection (S2E10) -- "Prophecy" -- 1/4/15

Well, feels like a left-turn into Supernatural territory ...
Old 01-05-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm just watching it to see how it (hopefully) ends. For me, it jumped the shark a few episodes ago and last night's with the Preacher with the particular markings just pretty much killed it for me...lame!
Old 01-05-15, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The show did seem to turn a corner last night. Good or bad, I don't know, but I've heard that the show will almost certainly not be renewed. It's too bad, Ive been enjoying it recently.
Old 01-06-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually liked the show more since Omar Epps character was revealed to be dead. I'm wondering where this show goes.

I just read in TV Guide that a new American version of the French "The Returned" is starting soon. I have to wonder if that show will do anything since people have already seen that concept on Resurrection and the ratings don't seem great.
Old 01-06-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Jadzia;12353917]I have actually liked the show more since Omar Epps character was revealed to be dead. I'm wondering where this show goes.

I just read in TV Guide that a new American version of the French "The Returned" is starting soon. I have to wonder if that show will do anything since people have already seen that concept on Resurrection and the ratings don't seem great.[/QUOTE]

I have been wondering about that too. There was more positive response to Resurrection last season. Before the series premiere of Resurrection, I looked at the IMDB boards and there were fans of the French version of The Returned that were pissed about Resurrection and calling it rip-off of the French show. Other posters pointed out that Resurrection was based on a book by an American author and then some posters were saying that the guy ripped off the French show. It was a bit fun to read those threads. Let's face it, nothing completely original ever really comes out in books, movies, or TV shows. It depends on the tone and overall plans for shows from certain types of genres.

I can see some people avoiding the American version of The Returned either because they are pissed that it is a remake or because they have seen Resurrection. I'll give that show a chance mostly because I like some of the cast members and I want to see how the writing and story development go along.