Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II (MTV) - Premieres 1/6/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II (MTV) - Premieres 1/6/15

I don't know why, but Averey seems far less attractive than she was on Real World Portland....
Old 01-08-15, 03:51 PM

Received 4,677 Likes on 3,167 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I don't know why, but Averey seems far less attractive than she was on Real World Portland....
Absolutely agree. I thought she was super attractive on TRW. She looks too tan now or something.
Old 01-08-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
The autoplay on that trailer is really annoying.
It's not autoplaying for me on Chrome.
Old 01-08-15, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I'm using Opera.
Old 01-09-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Absolutely agree. I thought she was super attractive on TRW. She looks too tan now or something.
She is very tan now. But I will say as someone who saw her on an almost weekly basis at the bar she works(worked?) at, she is even more attractive in person. Funny how TV makes even small people seem bigger than they are. She is tiny in real life.
Old 01-09-15, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
She is very tan now. But I will say as someone who saw her on an almost weekly basis at the bar she works(worked?) at, she is even more attractive in person. Funny how TV makes even small people seem bigger than they are. She is tiny in real life.
Oh so you're the one who caused the breakup?
Old 01-09-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh so you're the one who caused the breakup?
I wish!!
Old 01-10-15, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I thought she looked too skinny on The Challenge... Is she nice is real life? She seemed to have a few nerdy interests on Real World Portland, which I found very attractive.
Old 01-12-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I thought she looked too skinny on The Challenge... Is she nice is real life? She seemed to have a few nerdy interests on Real World Portland, which I found very attractive.
I have never had any real conversations with her but she has always seemed nice in my limited customer to bartender interactions. Always smiling and in a good mood even when I knew some of the drama going on with Johnny from social media. She does seem like a nerdy girl in her interests plus you know she is a freak in the sheets by her own admission on The Real World which only adds to her hotness. Some pretty women can come off as cold or standoffish with regards to sex even if they are not really, but the ones who embrace their sexuality as a positive are always so much more attractive at least in my eyes.
Old 01-14-15, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,140 Likes on 694 Posts

Gonna be a hard watch next week.
Old 01-14-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i miss Veronica.... Veronica...so hot
Old 01-14-15, 09:08 AM

So I guess it seems CT and Johnny became good friends outside of the show. They probably hang out regularly in Boston.
Old 01-14-15, 09:19 AM

I'm not really sure how this is all working... Maybe this will air in the beginning of next week's episode. I hope this isn't just web content. But they have the first "Battle of the EX-iled" competition up.

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:videolist:mtv.com:1733535/cp~instance%3Dfullepisode%26autoPlay%3Dfalse%26id%3D1733535%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com %3A1733535" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Old 01-14-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Gonna be a hard watch next week.
Yeah Especially since CT and Diem seem to be having a lot of fun so far in the challenge, being goofy.

As for this episode, as silly as all the "couple" events were in the challenge I was chuckling at most of them and really enjoyed it. Seems like a lot of focus on Jay and Jenna.... Jenna is attractive, but doesn't seem as super hot as some of the guys on the show seem to be acting. And Jay seems creepy hitting on Jonna.

I never watched Real World Portland, but what ended up happening with Johnny and Averey? Were they still "together" when Johnny slept with Nany last year, or is Averey just being jealous?

Last edited by fumanstan; 01-14-15 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-14-15, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jay is just creepy anyway. Smarmy is a good word for him.

Jenna has always seemed dumb as a brick but they are right as far as lusting over her ass. That is a thing of goddamn beauty. I wish my wife had her 21 year old butt again.

And adding Exile Island or Redemption Island (or whatever the hell you want to call it) sucks. I hate that shit on Survivor and don't need that crap here. I screamed at the TV the first week they introduced it and my wife just fell off the couch laughing at me.

The one thing I do think would be cool to adopt is a rule going on the rip-off of the Challenge white trash show called Redneck Island on CMT. This season when the two final couples go against each other, they are basically competing for their own spot and not as a team. So if one chick loses her challenge and her male teammate wins his, he is now proceeding and paired with the girl who won her challenge. They could have used that rule in The Challenge a few times if I remember correctly. It gets rid of dead weight and really keeps the best of the best still in the competition.

Of course that rule doesn't work when the couples are competing together in their face-off challenge in the pit.
Old 01-14-15, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah Especially since CT and Diem seem to be having a lot of fun so far in the challenge, being goofy.

As for this episode, as silly as all the "couple" events were in the challenge I was chuckling at most of them and really enjoyed it. Seems like a lot of focus on Jay and Jenna.... Jenna is attractive, but doesn't seem as super hot as some of the guys on the show seem to be acting. And Jay seems creepy hitting on Jonna.

I never watched Real World Portland, but what ended up happening with Johnny and Averey? Were they still "together" when Johnny slept with Nany last year, or is Averey just being jealous?
There was a special before the new season, and they've discussed in the confessional segments. From what has been said... it seems she did somethings that were "questionable", in regards to cheating. He didn't stand for it, so he kicked her to the curb. This seemed to have happened right before he left for the last challenge. They were not officially together when he hooked up with Nany. In her eyes it seems there was never any real resolution. She clearly is hurt by the whole thing and seems to want to still be with him.

This is just one of the clips:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YjVwEKqjIuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-14-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder what the deal is? He said that she cheated on him and she says that she didn't. I remember when he was on the last challenge that he briefly said that they were broken up because she cheated on him. In the first show of this season, she said that she did some things that were questionable or were taken wrongly so she at least admits to something.

They always seemed perfect for each other. Notice how Johnny got along with everyone on his first season and none of the elders were gunning for him like they do with many other newbs.
Old 01-14-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not really sure how this is all working... Maybe this will air in the beginning of next week's episode. I hope this isn't just web content. But they have the first "Battle of the EX-iled" competition up.

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:videolist:mtv.com:1733535/cp~instance%3Dfullepisode%26autoPlay%3Dfalse%26id%3D1733535%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com %3A1733535" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Wow, one of the most revolting challenges ever. Give me the eat nasty shit and vomit challenges over that one.

They may just give a quick recap and leave the full videos of the challenges online because they are on limited time with the regular show already.

Thanks for posting it as I would have never sought it out.
Old 01-14-15, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

There was a special before the new season, and they've discussed in the confessional segments. From what has been said... it seems she did somethings that were "questionable", in regards to cheating. He didn't stand for it, so he kicked her to the curb. This seemed to have happened right before he left for the last challenge. They were not officially together when he hooked up with Nany. In her eyes it seems there was never any real resolution. She clearly is hurt by the whole thing and seems to want to still be with him.
Thanks for the recap, I think I recorded that pre-show special but forgot to watch it over the holidays. Wonder if she fooled around a bit with someone else, but didn't necessarily sleep with them? That seems enough to generate an argument of what constitutes "cheating" between a couple. Seems weird for her to take it out on Nany, but that's women for you

Wow, one of the most revolting challenges ever. Give me the eat nasty shit and vomit challenges over that one.

They may just give a quick recap and leave the full videos of the challenges online because they are on limited time with the regular show already.

Thanks for posting it as I would have never sought it out.
Yeah, they said to go to MTV's website to watch but I forgot about it right away. They've done that sweat thing before, and always think it's one of the grossest challenges. They made it a little funnier though showing quick clips of them collecting from the sensitive areas though which they probably would have cut out on the air.

But yeah, I think the exile challenges would take too long to air on the main show so they'll just either mention it briefly, or not mention it at all until towards the end.
Old 01-14-15, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope Averey eventually flips out on Johnny and yells "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"

You know that Theresa is fucking insane when Nany comes out of the argument looking like the sane one. I can say the same thing for Averey. That'll be fun when it comes to a head.

Holy shit Jenna is dumb. Did she really ask Zack who the President of Wyoming is? She must have sold her brain to the devil for that amazing ass. I can't wait for the trivia challenge.

Now I see how Jay gets girls. He preys on the sad and downtrodden. Whatever gets you laid, I guess.

CT and Diem seem so sweet together again. It's heartbreaking.
Old 01-14-15, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Notice how Johnny got along with everyone on his first season and none of the elders were gunning for him like they do with many other newbs.
He did get along really well with the others, but he also got really, really lucky with that kill card draw,

Given that this was filmed last August, I guess Nany and Cohutta didn't last long.

Next episode will be brutal and sad. I don't really even want to watch. I noticed that next week MTV is re-airing I (heart) Diem instead of an after show.
Old 01-15-15, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
He did get along really well with the others, but he also got really, really lucky with that kill card draw,

Given that this was filmed last August, I guess Nany and Cohutta didn't last long.

Next episode will be brutal and sad. I don't really even want to watch. I noticed that next week MTV is re-airing I (heart) Diem instead of an after show.
I know it's probably not normal behavior, but I'm actually grieving through each episode and find it nearly impossible to think clearly about what's going on with anything else.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 01-15-15 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-15-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am actually liking this challenge a lot, but watching CT and Diem happy and pretending they weren't together is tough. Lots of dust in the eyes when watching. I can already see they were planting the seeds of their arc to get back together officially on the show from their talking heads and interactions. Also it is amazing how much fun CT is to watch when he is happy because he is much funnier and seems to be interacting and helping the younger guys especially Johnny but even being supportive to Jay when in the past he might have just blown the rookie off. Makes the previews and I am sure what will be shown next week all that much harder to watch.
Old 01-15-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is also kinda weird knowing for a fact that Diem was lying about not kissing CT since last Challenge, but I wonder if she and most people consider CT and Chris 2 different people. I have heard this from other people including from some who know them personally that CT is like a character Chris plays on the challenges (and gets extra money from producers as does Wes for his antics) and when he is off the show he is much different. So in "Challenge world" she may not have kissed CT, but she for sure has been kissing Chris in real life based on reports from friends and people who know them.
Old 01-15-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Well supposedly in her final days, he would come in every day with a new and inventive way to propose to her (she always said no).

Going back to the Paris season, I always thought he was a bit of a douche, but in recent years as he's matured I've warmed up to him more. Some of the external friendships that you see that he has on the show do him credit. He's been taking a break from social media since shortly after she passed. I know he kind of shut down a few years ago when his brother was killed. I hope that he's handling this better.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.