Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S2E09) - "...Ye Who Enter Here" - 12/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S2E09) - "...Ye Who Enter Here" - 12/2/14

Mac will come back with some kind of enhanced strength. It didn't feel like a final scene for what has been a good addition to the team.

They've taken the relationship between Fitz and Simmons to a much sadder place than I expected for network television. Someone is going to do something to rescue Fitz from his current state, possibly costing themselves in the process.

I still hate Ward's continued presence on this show and his bizarre allegiance to Skye, which sticks out like a sore thumb. I hope that storyline gets killed off very soon.

There was a slight uptick in the ratings for this episode.
Old 12-05-14, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,658 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
It definitely has been said on screen before. I believe even in their first appearance.
Yep - IIRC, Skye even expected it to be one person.

Another great episode - I don't think Mac died either, but if he did it would be a definite "holy shit" moment. They did a good job shooting Simmons falling as well - I had a moment of "someone catch her!"

I like the Skye had some moves but still couldn't quite beat Agent 33. Good to see her with more to do than hack computers.

And I LOVE that they finally said "Kree" - guys, there is a live-action show on national television that features the Kree. Unbelievable.
Old 12-05-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,501 Posts

They even had the whole "Kree guiding humanity's evolution" subplot, which is how the Inhumans came about anyway.

I felt a little bad for the actress who played Agent33 initially, since she's basically out of a role.
Old 12-05-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm pretty sure that FitzSimmons comment was being sarcastic (as they said it a shit ton in the first season).
Old 12-05-14, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I know they wouldn't dare mess with such a venerable comic character. They cast him just like he looks in the comics:

http://www.comicvine.com/al-mackenzie/4005-59793/
I didn't say that it was an important character, or that anyone should care who they cast, but it was intended to be a Luke Cage smokescreen, I doubt the character would've been given the name of a SHIELD Agent from the comics.
Old 12-05-14, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I didn't say that it was an important character, or that anyone should care who they cast, but it was intended to be a Luke Cage smokescreen, I doubt the character would've been given the name of a SHIELD Agent from the comics.
I was just teasing, I didn't even know he was a character in the comics, so thanks for that.

I didn't really think it was Luke Cage (the origin itself is not even close to the comic book either, it's closer to Juggernaut), it just made me think of him.
Old 12-05-14, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Mac will come back with some kind of enhanced strength. It didn't feel like a final scene for what has been a good addition to the team. They've taken the relationship between Fitz and Simmons to a much sadder place than I expected for network television. Someone is going to do something to rescue Fitz from his current state, possibly costing themselves in the process. I still hate Ward's continued presence on this show and his bizarre allegiance to Skye, which sticks out like a sore thumb. I hope that storyline gets killed off very soon. There was a slight uptick in the ratings for this episode.
I sort of like Ward simply because his agenda isn't entirely clear among the more clear-cut good guys and bad guys on the show.
Old 12-05-14, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts

I was just teasing, I didn't even know he was a character in the comics, so thanks for that.
Actually, along with Mockingbird and Lance Hunter, all of the new regulars are comic book characters. Even Patton Oswalt's character is a comic book character (or at least his original one, Eric. The twin/clone/whatever thing is new for the show)
Old 12-06-14, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did they send Mac down anyway? Wouldn't that be Mockingbird's role? I mean, the guy is huge but he's not exactly a field agent, and not the easiest to lower down and bring back up either.

I did think for a moment that this was the origin of Luke Cage (and that Mac was using an alias because of that whole "other thing" with Mockingbird).
They sent him down to fix the drones.
Old 12-06-14, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Palicki is so good I wish they would have cast her in the ultimately more important role of Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel. Her height really makes her stick out. She has strong screen presence by just standing there. Of course, putting her in tight white t-shirts doesn't hurt.
Old 12-06-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Palicki is so good I wish they would have cast her in the ultimately more important role of Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel. Her height really makes her stick out. She has strong screen presence by just standing there. Of course, putting her in tight white t-shirts doesn't hurt.
You can tell the movie division made her casting and not ABC. Both Mac and her look like castings made for the movies. They literally tower over the rest of the cast.

She would have made a great Carol Danvers. I actually didn't think she fit the part of Wonder Woman very well, even in costume.
Old 12-07-14, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I wonder if Hawkeye will get his own movie, because if he does, Adrianne Palicki will have to co-star, since Mockingbird and Hawkeye have always been an item - I wonder if there would be any chemistry between the two actors, or if it would be creepy since Renner is more than 10 years older than her.
Hawkeye and Mockingbird were never a couple in this universe. Lance Hunter is Bobbi's ex-husband.

http://www.movieweb.com/agents-shiel...rianne-palicki

According to this, there is potential in the future for them to cross paths and eventually develop a thing in the future. But, that depends on Renner's availability. He's tied up filming MI:5 right now.
Old 12-07-14, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinobi
She keeps getting a "guest-starring" credit, I'm wondering if they're going to make her a regular or if she'll leave for a spin-off of some sort soon.
Old 12-20-14, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I liked everyone asking how many Koenigs there are