Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sleepy Hollow (S2E09) -- "Mama" -- 11/17/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Sleepy Hollow (S2E09) -- "Mama" -- 11/17/14

ABBIE AND JENNY COME FACE-TO-FACE WITH THEIR PAST ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17, ON FOX

A series of mysterious deaths at Tarrytown Psych leads Abbie and Ichabod to discover that an especially surprising spirit is involved in the all-new "Mama" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Nov. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-209) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Orlando Jones as Captain Frank Irving; Katia Winter as Katrina Crane; John Noble as Henry Parish, Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

Guest Cast: Aunjanue Ellis as Lori Mills; Matt Barr as Nick Hawley

Read more: Listings - SLEEPY HOLLOW on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3JN21qNSB

Episode 9 of 18
Old 11-17-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Sleepy Hollow (S2E09) -- "Mama" -- 11/17/14

Not a fan of keeping Ichabod on the sidelines but the episode was fairly interesting. It'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with an escaped Irving.
Old 11-18-14, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't mind Crane missing a episode. I didn't like the way he was taken out though. I didn't like the first half of the episode but it picked up on the second half. I liked seeing the backstory on Abbie, Jenny, and their mother.

The biggest problem I had with this episode was with Holly. A few episodes back we see that Jenny and Holly are hot and heavy for each other. Here they barely talk to each other. They have no chemistry at all. Nothing is made of the fact that Holly was hitting on Abbie in the last episode. Why was Holly even in this episode. If they are going to use him at least keep his character consistent.

The baby scene was cool. I guess Kat knew the baby was demonic. I thought she thought it was a normal looking baby. I wish we got a demonic look at the teenager.
Old 11-18-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Hawley's relationship with Jenny seems to be over. I think the real purpose of Hawley is to bring out Ichabod's true feelings for Abbie. Other than that, he doesn't really add much to the show. It's possible that they may explore his past more in the future.

I'm sort of disappointed in reading a lot of comments elsewhere. People are not enjoying this season at all. I think it's been a pretty enjoyable ride and one of the more consistently entertaining shows on tv.
Old 11-18-14, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, the baby with accelerated growth so they could have an actor play Moloch, who called? Mike did . I'm guessing he'll be fully mature by the end of the next episode to set up for the second half of the season. Nice blend of backstory and demon of the week. I hate creepy kids :shudder:! Looks like Hawley is now going to join the gang even when there isn't profit to be with his crush. Having lots of fun with this season too. Hope it gets the Blu release.