Reload this Page >

The Flash (S1E04) -- "Going Rogue" -- 10/28/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-28-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

"Going Rogue" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

WENTWORTH MILLER GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS' VILLAIN CAPTAIN COLD; FELICITY FROM "ARROW" CROSSES OVER INTO CENTRAL CITY - The Flash (Grant Gustin) stops a robbery but the culprits get away after shooting a guard, and The Flash chooses to save the man instead of following the criminals. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) shows Barry a book of suspects and Barry identifies Leonard Snart (guest star Wentworth Miller, "Prison Break") as the leader of the group. While investigating the case, Barry gets a surprise visit from an old friend - Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards, "Arrow"), who heard about his new abilities and came to check them out for herself. She joins him at S.T.A.R. Labs to help stop Snart after it's revealed that Snart his gotten his hands on a stolen "cold gun," which could kill The Flash. Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) is furious when he finds out that Cisco (Carlos Valdes) built the cold gun without telling anyone and now it's missing. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is getting the silent treatment from Joe because of her relationship with Eddie (Rick Cosnett). Finally, The Flash and Captain Cold have an epic confrontation. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Goff Johns & Kai Yu Wu (#104). Original airdate 10/28/2014.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3HT5aP8FV

Episode 4 of 23
Old 10-28-14, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Flash (S1E04) -- "Going Rogue" -- 10/28/14

Another good episode. I like Gustin and Emily's charisma so seeing her is always pretty fun. I also liked Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and I'm glad he's sticking around to build an army of rogue's. Looking forward to seeing Trickster, Captain Boomerang, and Weather Wizard pop up. I guess he wasn't due to start filming yet, but considering who they got to play Heat Wave it seemed weird to not have him have a scene with Miller.
Old 10-28-14, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone needs to teach Berry how to slap a gun out of a bitch's hand.

This is the main reason why I have difficulty get into the Flash. His ability is so powerful that one is forced to ignore the obvious solution at nearly every encounter. It's similar to Superman but in a way worse because the Flash has one goto move and so whenever he's not using it I have to ask why not.

Last edited by wmansir; 10-29-14 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-28-14, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Felicity looked amazing in that black dress... Oh, the episode was cool too. lol
Old 10-29-14, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Hallelujah! This is the show I've been waiting for my whole life. I am ready to make out and go all the way with this show.

That scene with Detective West in the car was pretty funny when those songs came on the radio. Can Felicity stay on both shows? The Flash can always run between cities in a blink, there is no such thing as a long-distance relationship for him. I guess this episode foreshadowed that Wells is willing to hurt anyone to save Barry.

It's really amazing how quickly they've already developed the mythos in a completely natural fashion. I enjoyed seeing Captain Cold, he seemed like a nasty fellow that will become a primary villain. I guess this won't be the friendly Rogues.

Geoff Johns got credited for writing this episode. I loved it when Barry referenced Superman's line about flying being the safest form of traveling. An angel gets his wings every time someone quotes Reeve's Superman.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 10-29-14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 02:27 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoooaaaahhh... Felicity in that black dress was awesome - no matter if it's on The Flash or Arrow, she deserves more screen-time
Old 10-29-14, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I really liked this episode. They caught the essence of captain cold pretty good. That train scene was really good also.

I really hoped they would put Felicity and Barry together.
Old 10-29-14, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
Someone needs to teach Berry how to slap a gun out of a bitches hand.

This is the main reason why I have difficulty get into the Flash. His ability is so powerful that one is forced to ignore the obvious solution at nearly every encounter. It's similar to Superman but in a way worse because the Flash has one goto move and so whenever he's not using it I have to ask why not.
I REALLY like this show. However, that's the one issue I have with it. There are things he should do that he does not. There were a couple standard humans that could have just shot cold outright when the gun was down.

And this is only a fraction of Flashes power and most of these people would be little threat to him.
Old 10-29-14, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by robin2099
I guess he wasn't due to start filming yet, but considering who they got to play Heat Wave it seemed weird to not have him have a scene with Miller.
Wasn't that who he was giving the heat gun to at the end?
Old 10-29-14, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

I also liked Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and I'm glad he's sticking around to build an army of rogue's. Looking forward to seeing Trickster, Captain Boomerang, and Weather Wizard pop up.
He's come and gone already.

Is it just me or does Emily Bett Rickards have good/great chemistry with everybody?
Old 10-29-14, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Kdogg

Is it just me or does Emily Bett Rickards have good/great chemistry with everybody?
His brother is the comics Weather Wizard.
Wentworth Miller killed it as Captain Cold. That's the perfect tone for a silly villain.
Old 10-29-14, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent episode. This show is quickly becoming my favorite.
Old 10-29-14, 11:51 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Great episode. After the opening scene, I was a little worried that they were going to give us a watered down Captain Cold, but they turned him into a real super villain over the course of the episode, and that final scene really rocked it for me. I am loving this show.

On another topic, a friend proposed the following theory on Wells:
Spoiler:
Any chance that he's Abra Kadabra? I'm not sure why he'd be acting to protect Barry, but he'd definitely be willing to kill Simon Stagg -- or anybody else -- in cold blood.
Old 10-29-14, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I REALLY like this show. However, that's the one issue I have with it. There are things he should do that he does not. There were a couple standard humans that could have just shot cold outright when the gun was down.

And this is only a fraction of Flashes power and most of these people would be little threat to him.
Next time you are driving at 70 MPH*, stick your hand outside the door and try to pick something up off the ground without stopping. Hard, isn't it? The Flash is moving much faster than that, it's not so easy interacting with stationary objects when you are moving at thousands of miles per hour.

*This example is merely intended as a theoretical, illustrative exercise. Please do not stick your arm outside of moving cars. The Phantom Stranger, DC Comics, Warner Bros., and The CW are not responsible if one attempts to perform it.
Old 10-29-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Thing is that it's not the world moving too fast for Barry, but it's moving too slow. So it'll be a lot easier to pick something up when in your perspective, everything around you has slowed down.
Old 10-29-14, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

This was probably the best episode of the season as mostly everything clicked. I'm really enjoying Jesse L. Martin's portrayal of Joe.
Old 10-29-14, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that was my bad. I meant to say Mirror Master not Weather Wizard.

Wasn't that who he was giving the heat gun to at the end?
Yeah it was. I was just saying it sucks they didn't have a face to face scene considering who is supposed to be playing him.
Old 10-29-14, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Next time you are driving at 70 MPH*, stick your hand outside the door and try to pick something up off the ground without stopping. Hard, isn't it? The Flash is moving much faster than that, it's not so easy interacting with stationary objects when you are moving at thousands of miles per hour.
True but he no problem flipping through a 0 mph book and stopping on a dime to point out a suspect.

I try to avoid nitpicking these comic book shows. They're fantasy, so I just roll it.

Great casting on CC.
Old 10-29-14, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

*This example is merely intended as a theoretical, illustrative exercise. Please do not stick your arm outside of moving cars. The Phantom Stranger, DC Comics, Warner Bros., and The CW are not responsible if one attempts to perform it.
It's different for a character like Flash, Superman etc... as their perception of time and movement is different. For them things are either moving very slow or look frozen depending on how fast they are going.

If he just had speed without faster eye sight, relaxes etc.. he would have little control.

This very episode even showed that he can grab people out of a moving train while it's crashing just fine.

I like the show so I see these things yet overlook them. Any show with powers tend to have flaws in it's use at time.

Of course I don't over think these things.................
Old 10-29-14, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

Captain Cold was always a lame villain, but I liked him in this. Wentworth Miller was great.
Old 10-29-14, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Captain Cold was always a lame villain, but I liked him in this. Wentworth Miller was great.
I must admit that I never read Flash comics when I read comics eons ago, but I can't help but think of that JLU episode where the 4 lame Flash villains were sitting together in a dive bar as total losers. Great scene.
Old 10-29-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

someone post a pic of that dress Facility was wearing... =)
Old 10-30-14, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked how they established this Captain Cold is a stone-cold killer. This won't be a show where the villains get immediately released from prison and commit more crimes.
Old 10-30-14, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

This won't be a show where the villains get immediately released from prison and commit more crimes.
Unless Wells has that planned for them.
Old 10-30-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Another good episode. I like Gustin and Emily's charisma so seeing her is always pretty fun. I also liked Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and I'm glad he's sticking around to build an army of rogue's. Looking forward to seeing Trickster, Captain Boomerang, and Weather Wizard pop up. I guess he wasn't due to start filming yet, but considering who they got to play Heat Wave it seemed weird to not have him have a scene with Miller.
You forgot Mirror Master, Golden Glider, Abra Kadabra, The Top and Pied Piper. Those are the ones I remember from the 70's. Did I miss anyone?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.