TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jane the Virgin (The CW) - Series Thread

Old 11-06-14, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Jane the Virgin (CW) - Series Thread

Originally Posted by badlieut View Post
Just watched the first episode finally...good stuff.
Keep watching--it really holds up week after week.
Old 11-06-14, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huh???

Ana Ortiz is on Devious Maids.

Jane is played by Gina Rodriguez.
Gina Rodriguez sorry but Anna Ortiz was in that movie too and played her sister.
Old 11-25-14, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

at Petra and her mother with the kidnapped guy.

That head nun is a bitch. She's always chiding Jane, but feels just fine exploiting her.

Rogelio just cracks me up..."I've had too much normal people wine"
Old 01-26-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So the Golden Globes did one thing right, it put this show on my DVR, and we finally caught up, so I'm looking forward to new episodes now, and maybe a heel turn this next episode.

On a side note, they don't exactly make it easy to catch up. I think they had a marathon but I only caught the first couple of episodes; Hulu only has the first five episodes and the latest one.
Old 01-27-15, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
So the Golden Globes did one thing right, it put this show on my DVR, and we finally caught up, so I'm looking forward to new episodes now, and maybe a heel turn this next episode.

On a side note, they don't exactly make it easy to catch up. I think they had a marathon but I only caught the first couple of episodes; Hulu only has the first five episodes and the latest one.
I agree. I tried to get a friend hooked a few weeks ago and even the CW website only has 5 episodes. Pretty irritating considering this show REALLY builds one episode upon another, like a soap opera.

LOL even the narrator at the beginning of last night's episode basically gave up during the recap. :P
Old 02-11-15, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes.

My reaction to the end of last night's episode:

WTF???

Zaz is still alive? Man, this really is a Telenovella.

Rogelio absolutely cracks me up on this show. I love his interactions with Jane. Especially the scenes with her working as a writer on his show and then when he was killed off.

at how Rose killed Emilio. That was a little over the top.
Old 02-11-15, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's moving really well. No clue how they are going to keep this momentum going for a second season.
Old 02-11-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am conflicted

Is Gina Rodriguez hot or not? Sometimes yes and other times no.
Old 02-17-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's so weird... I feel as if most "reveals" they have are really underwhelming (like why Zaz was back, or Rose's reveal, or even Rogelio's "firing"), but the cast is what really makes this show enjoyable.
Old 05-18-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just watched the season finale.

Wow, a shit load of crazy twists.

The extra sperm sample from Rafael, which Petra took.

and then Jane's Mom and Rogelio get married.

and then poor Mateo gets kidnapped. Any theories on who was the kidnapper?

I have no clue who it might be. Wasn't sure how they would continue things into season 2, but it seems like they have a good blue print.

I know this show isn't really geared towards the comic and sci-fi nerds of this forum, but I thought this was a pretty good 1st season. Definitely a much lighter Spanish telenovela parody or sorts.
Old 05-19-15, 08:09 AM

The finale left a bad taste in my mouth. I know it is supposed to be a soap opera, but taking a newborn baby from his mama just went too damn far for me. For an otherwise fun show, that was just too horrific.
Old 06-08-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, the reveal that Sin Rostero now has a different face...

I agree, Jadzia, the ending was a bit horrific for such a light show. I didn't see that coming at all. Don't know how they're going to keep it light after that. Then again, isn't that another play on the telenovela--ending the season with a huge cliffhanger?

Meanwhile, this has become my new morning alarm: https://soundcloud.com/rogelio-de-la...ake-up-rogelio
Old 10-12-15, 06:41 AM

Season 2 premieres tonight, 10/12/15.

22 episode season.
Old 10-12-15, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Jane the Virgin (The CW) - Series Thread

Here in Canada, the show wasn't picked up by a Canadian network, therefore, if you don't have the CW American station (which I don't), is only available in a Canadian streaming service called "Shomi". Thankfully, I have it but most Canadians don't subscribe to it unless they have Rogers as a provider and they have it bundled like I do.
Old 10-12-15, 10:44 AM

I hope they can quickly resolve the last season cliffhanger tonight. I do not want to watch a season of a postpartum mother trying to locate her baby.
Old 10-12-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

https://soundcloud.com/rogelio-de-la...ake-up-rogelio

It is a fun all-around nod to the telenovela/soap so I wasn't as jarred by the kidnapping. A well done season finale & cliffhanger.
Definitely my favorite show on broadcast last season. Dont know if audiences steered away due to comparisons to Ugly Betty, but a shame that the Emmy people could only give one nom (Latin lover narrator).
Old 10-13-15, 07:42 AM

I have to say this is the hands-down best presentation of breastfeeding on TV I have ever seen. Seriously it should win an award for its depiction of accurate information.

So glad they did not drag out the kidnapped baby storyline. I honestly was ready to give up the show based on that storyline alone, so I am very relieved they wrapped that horrific storyline up quickly.
Old 10-13-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Solid start to season 2.

I'm also glad the kidnapping plot didn't get dragged out and thankfully only lasted 12 minutes. Some sweet moments with Jane and Mateo. I loved how Jane was so paranoid about the baby's weight.

I guess Sin Roestro will be the big "baddie" for this season.
Old 10-19-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just binge watched season 1 and watched the second season premiere and I love this show. It's light and funny and most of the characters are likable. I'm happy the kidnapping plot went away very quickly. I wish I had watched it last season but now I'm all in.
Old 07-03-16, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow, this show really has no interest or fan base at all here. No posts since the Fall.

Anyways, finished the last few episodes of the season. Overall it was a pretty good season.

Jane and Michael got married in the finale, but she's still a virgin since Michael got shot. Guess the show's title still works for another season. But, really how long can they stretch this concept with the show's title? Really surprised his new partner was an impostor. Also surprised it was Rose.

Wedding episode was nice. Some touching moments.

Some interesting cliffhangers going into next season. Xiomara being pregnant from the scumbag actor, Petra's fate being left uncertain since her crazy twin sister took stole her identity. Michael getting shot and Rose being back in the picture.
Old 07-03-16, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I remember reading the showrunner's comments that Jane will have sex this season. Whether that's the truth or a ploy to throw viewers off the trail I cannot say.
Old 10-17-16, 07:04 AM

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17

SEASON PREMIERE

JANE THE VIRGIN

"Chapter Forty-Five" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, SV) (HDTV)

LIVING NIGHTMARE - Jane (Gina Rodriguez) discovers that Michael (Brett Dier) was shot and finds herself having to make difficult choices. With Rafael (Justin Baldoni) focused on keeping Mateo safe, Anezka (Yael Grobglas), who is pretending to be Petra (Yael Grobglas), "helps" the cops with their investigation. However, it isn't long before everyone starts to notice that "Petra" is acting odd. Meanwhile, Rogelio (Jaime Camil) is trying to keep everything out of the press for Jane, but in order to do so finds himself in an awkward position and asks for Xo's (Andrea Navedo) help. Ivonne Coll also stars. Gina Lamar directed the episode written by Jennie Snyder Urman (#301). Original airdate 10/17/2016.
Old 10-18-16, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty good premiere last night.

There was no doubt they weren't going to kill off Michael. The flash forward montage of Jane and Michael's futures was a sweet moment.

I don't really think the flashback to Jane and Michael's 1st meeting and her date with the other guy were really needed though.

Looks like Rose will be lingering as the villain since she's the one who shot Michael.

at Rogelio's arrest for peeing in the cup for those druggies.
Old 10-18-16, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

this show is hilarious and i just discovered it
Old 10-18-16, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I too could have lived without the Jane / Michael / what's his name love triangle. Watching Michael pull them over on their date really made me cringe.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.