Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Legend of Korra, Book 4: Balance (The Final Season)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

If it must end, at least I looks to be a badass ending.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NCEFMY4TWGw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-26-14, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Legend of Korra, Book 4: Balance (The Final Season)

It's so odd that the next season is coming right on the heels of s3 ending. I don't even get a chance to miss the show this time. Not that I'm complaining.
Old 09-26-14, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll have to wait for the BD. The same I have to do for the remainder of season 3.

I just hope S3 and S4 will be 1080p/24Hz, like S1, instead of 1080i/60Hz, like S2.
Old 09-29-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea if they will release them in Amazon/iTunes etc. at the same time?
Old 10-03-14, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

First episode was pretty good. Didn't like the modern air nation uniforms though. I think that one metal bender might as well had a sign around her neck with main bad guy written on it. That cage battle was pretty good.

I'm kind of sad they didn't show Korra's recovery.
Old 10-03-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'll have to wait for the BD. The same I have to do for the remainder of season 3. I just hope S3 and S4 will be 1080p/24Hz, like S1, instead of 1080i/60Hz, like S2.
You can't get them through Nick's website?
Old 10-03-14, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Next week's Korra centric episode show really be a nice fill in the gaps for what happened in those 3 years for Korra and her mental/physical recovery.

I loved the episode. I do like how we go from Communist/equalist, religious zealots in season 2, and anarchists in season 3. Now we're dealing with fascism.

I'm very much looking forward to it, but yeah, I don't really dig the airbender nation's new suits all that much. I do really like the time skip and redesign of some characters. I wish A:TLA had something like that opposed to Aang just growing hair.
Old 10-09-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could Nick's website's streaming look any worse? I wound up watching it on my phone because it looked like crap. I know it's aimed at kids, but would it kill them to have a functional player? They obviously don't care about this show and probably aren't counting ratings on the website anyway. I wonder if they'd have decided to do things differently had they know how things would go? Given that they'd gotten the same number of episodes, I doubt it. The time jump is kind of an interesting idea, and so is the broken and bitter Korra. They're sort of dropping us the middle of the story and the new character relationship dynamics and letting us figure it out as we go, which is surprisingly mature for a cartoon show, even one which skews a bit older. Outside of a continuation in the comics, I think it's safe to say that after Nick's sudden treatment, this is the last we'll ever see of this franchise, so I hope it goes out in style. As usual, the design elements are excellent, and the world-building is cool. The character design for Opal reminds me a bit of a friend of mine . Why was season 2 done at 1080i? Cheaper?
Old 10-10-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great second episode with the classic fight against yourself. I'm predicting her new teacher will show her how to defeat ghost korra.

It was kind of funny how she turned down the help of the spirits when they helped her in past.
Old 10-11-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On a second watch I noticed they put in a lot of star wars references. The end was a lot like luke visiting Yoda.
Old 10-17-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Episode 3

Loved Toph and glad she still has skills. I didn't care for the metal still being inside Korra. I would think after 3 years the metal would be in pretty deep all healed over so it would hurt no matter what. I did like that it was still mostly a mental issue with Korra, its just that the easy out they given Korra runs false with me.

The episode was kind of a rush. I guess with the season being so short that is to be expected.
Old 10-18-14, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Toph is back, and crotchety as ever. So Korra still has the poison in her system? How the hell did everyone else miss this? Looks like they're setting up a brother against brother showdown. Bolin has never been the sharpest tool in the shed, it looks like she's taking advantage of his naïveté. So are Nick actually bothering to track if any of this is watched on their website and what ratings it's getting, or are they just dumping it there with whatever advertising space is left over?

Didn't catch the Yoda connection, but with the swamp and the "face yourself" plot, I guess it's kind of obvious.
Old 12-19-14, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

My god, that was a good season. Not as amazing as the last one, but that ending was as best as I could hope for.

I'll miss the world of the Avatar.
Old 12-19-14, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I thought it was really good. Certain fans are going to go nuts over that last scene. Some in a good way and some in a not so good way. I'm betting that scene and some other scenes were the big reason the show was canceled.

I didn't really care for what happens with the Kurvira. I liked most of the Wu scenes but thought they might have went a little to far with him.
Old 12-19-14, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm not sure how anyone could claim they left it ambiguous at that ending. The shippers have won this one. Unless you just look longingly into the eyes of your BFF as you take a solo backpacking trip with them?
Old 12-19-14, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nick.com couldn't have worse video quality if they tried
Old 12-19-14, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The odd thing about nick.com for me is the video player volume will go to zero after each commercial.
Old 12-19-14, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

What a great finale. The nick player had horrible quality and I couldn't turn off the closed captioning but the story was fitting and that ending was a welcome surprise.
Old 12-19-14, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Now that it's finished, I can't wait to get it on BD and finally watch it.
Old 12-19-14, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I would like more stories within the Avatar universe.
Old 12-19-14, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I would like more stories within the Avatar universe.
I would too, but given that they basically dumped the last season online in shitty quality, it's fairly likely that Nick no longer cares about this franchise in the slightest.
Old 12-20-14, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I would too, but given that they basically dumped the last season online in shitty quality, it's fairly likely that Nick no longer cares about this franchise in the slightest.
Their attitude was horrible. Someone else should get the rights that will not toss it aside.

How bad was the quality on nick.com?
Old 12-20-14, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nick no longer cared about the franchise when it wasn't selling toys to little 9 year olds. Little did they realize that those 9 year olds that grew up with Avatar: TLA are now in the late teens and early 20's and this is the perfect market to continue the franchise with.

Oh well, theirs and our loss.
Old 12-20-14, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Nick no longer cared about the franchise when it wasn't selling toys to little 9 year olds. Little did they realize that those 9 year olds that grew up with Avatar: TLA are now in the late teens and early 20's and this is the perfect market to continue the franchise with.

Oh well, theirs and our loss.
I saw what their Avatar The Last Airbender toy line and they left out half the characters. When I was a kid I always wanted the main sething of characters, not deep sea Batman or fifty variants of the same character.
Old 12-20-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a fitting end to a very good season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.