Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Masters of Sex (S2E10) -- "Below the Belt" -- 9/14/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Masters of Sex (S2E10) -- "Below the Belt" -- 9/14/14

Johnson tries to find a cure for Masters' sexual difficulties; Masters learns of a rival study and tries to brand his work; Flo informs Langham that he must have sex with her in order to keep his job; Barbara and Lester connect over their shared sexual dysfunctions; Libby asks Johnson to give her an alibi while she canvases a tenement for a rent strike with CORE.
Episode 10 of 12
Old 09-15-14, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: Masters of Sex (S2E10) -- "Below the Belt" -- 9/14/14

Saw the Barbara/Lester hookup coming a episodes back. Pretty predictable.

I'm finding it difficult to get through episodes now.
I don't care about Bill's abused past or his brother. Don't care about Libby wanting to get some African-American dick. Bill and Virginia's relationship - not interested. Cal-o-metric - who fucking cares? The show is centred around the sex study... that's their bread and butter - and even here there's not much going on at all.

Last edited by Coral; 09-15-14 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-15-14, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is headed straight into a cuckold scene
Old 09-17-14, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I'm finding it difficult to get through episodes now.
I don't care about Bill's abused past or his brother. Don't care about Libby wanting to get some African-American dick. Bill and Virginia's relationship - not interested. Cal-o-metric - who fucking cares? The show is centred around the sex study... that's their bread and butter - and even here there's not much going on at all.
Would love to disagree but can't. This was better than most episodes, but still it's a slog. Libby is either racist or incredibly open minded and brave depending on who's writing her. Virginia is either racked with guilt or totally fine with her relationship depending on who's writing her. I don't buy Bill's impotence - in the sense that it was perfectly logical when he's in a loveless marriage or guilty with a prostitute, but here it just doesn't fly. The brother/daddy issues are just not at all interesting to me (and now I've got to watch two period pieces that both seem obsessed with them every Sunday night). Have the writers here totally forgotten what made the show unique and interesting? The medical history, the study, the conflict between science and lust. That stuff is so far on the back burner now.
I hope that Adam Arkin (who knew that one day he'd morph into heavyweight George Clooney?) comes back and pushes the TV stuff that I know it happened in real life, because that's potentially entertaining again. It might not have happened this early (I don't know), but they've got to pick up the pace or the show won't last long enough to get to the interesting stuff.