Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Untitled Mike Tyson Biopic -- S: Jamie Foxx -- EP: Scorsese, Fuqua

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Untitled Mike Tyson Biopic -- S: Jamie Foxx -- From the creator of Boardwalk Empi

Originally Posted by kantonburg
I'd rather see the biopic about Mac. He was really the first to beat Tyson.
Sorry, but Paul Rudd is playing Mac. Here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEC_lkpD3rM
Old 07-31-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,219 Likes on 2,077 Posts
Re: Untitled Mike Tyson Biopic -- S: Jamie Foxx -- From the creator of Boardwalk Empi

Bootsy takes his Mike Tyson biopics seriously!

And like others have already mentioned, Michael Jai White already did an outstanding job playing Tyson in a biopic. Frankly, Mike "Rapey" Tyson just isn't worth multiple biopics.
Old 07-31-14, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Bootsy takes his Mike Tyson biopics seriously!

And like others have already mentioned, Michael Jai White already did an outstanding job playing Tyson in a biopic. Frankly, Mike "Rapey" Tyson just isn't worth multiple biopics.
Not really. I'm not even a Tyson fan. I'm really not that interested in the story but more interested in Foxx and how he portrays Tyson. I was never a fan of Tyson even at this peak. I thought he beat up on a bunch of tomato cans, washed up and scared boxers during that era. Once boxers of all people like Buster Douglas got in the ring with no fear of Tyson and actually made him box and gave the blueprint on how to approach Tyson you saw how average he was and all his fights after that.
Old 08-01-14, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts

I think Jamie Foxx is pretty good casting, but I wonder who is going to pay to see a biopic about Mike Tyson?
Old 08-01-14, 08:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He'd need to bulk up, but I think John Boyega would have been a better pick to play young Tyson, at least.

Old 03-13-15, 07:13 AM

Received 4,602 Likes on 3,119 Posts

Jamie Foxx has been busy being A-list movie star Jamie Foxx for a while now, but he’s throwing his hat back into the music business again. Jamie called into Power 105’s The Breakfast Club to talk about his new single with Chris Brown, “You Changed Me,” but naturally the conversation shifted to his film career.

When asked what movies the Academy Award-winner has on his ledger he actually said nothing, but then let the cat out of the bag about the rumored Mike Tyson biopic that he’s been linked to since last year. Jamie revealed that he is indeed playing Mike in the film and also confirmed that Martin Scorsese will be directing the movie.

“I just went in with Paramount with Mike Tyson. So I’m going to do the Mike Tyson story. Listen, to be in the same room pitching Mike Tyson to Paramount, Mike Tyson is on one side, I’m on the other side and doing Mike Tyson at the same time. And Martin Scorsese at the helm. This will be the first boxing movie that Martin Scorsese has done since Raging Bull.”
Like Jamie, Scorsese has been linked to the film almost since its inception, but his role was unknown until now. Although the film is yet to begin pre-production, most believe that they will be utilizing the same performance capture technology used in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button that will allow Jamie to play both young and old Mike.
http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/201...-tyson-biopic/
Old 03-13-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

I'd rather see a new young actor play Tyson. Back in 1950, they got a young Joe Louis lookalike, Coley Wallace, to play Joe Louis and that resulted in a pretty damned good film, THE JOE LOUIS STORY. I will have difficulty accepting Jamie Foxx in the role no matter what they do in the computer.
Old 03-13-15, 10:10 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Michael B. Jordan should've been Mike Tyson. If not him, Chris Pratt or Karl Urban.
Old 03-13-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
Michael B. Jordan should've been Mike Tyson. If not him, Chris Pratt or Karl Urban.
Good point. I don't see race. But a lot of racists on this board do.
Old 03-13-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Foxx is too old.

And he looks nothing like him.
Old 03-13-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They should call it Punched Out.
Old 03-13-15, 04:09 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
They should call it Punched Out.
Or In the Air Tonight.
Old 03-22-21, 01:44 PM

Received 4,602 Likes on 3,119 Posts
re: Untitled Mike Tyson Biopic -- S: Jamie Foxx -- EP: Scorsese, Fuqua

A second biographical TV series about Mike Tysonis in the works – this one starring Jamie Foxx as the boxing legend and exec produced by Antoine Fuqua and Martin Scorsese.

Foxx, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of Ray Charles in 2004 biopic Ray, will star in and exec produce Tyson, a limited series directed and exec produced by Fuqua and exec produced by Raging Bull director Scorsese and Tyson himself. Fledgling screenwriter Colin Preston wrote the pilot and is in the process of writing the full series.

The project was previously set up as a feature film back in 2014 with Foxx attached to play Tyson and Terence Winter writing the script. It has now become a limited TV series and is set to be taken out to market shortly. Yes
Old 03-22-21, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,234 Likes on 4,256 Posts
Re: Untitled Mike Tyson Biopic -- S: Jamie Foxx -- EP: Scorsese, Fuqua

Isn't Foxx way too old to play Mike Tyson? He's actually about the same age as Mike Tyson (53 vs 54).