DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   True Blood (S7E03) -- "Fire in the Hole" -- 7/06/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/621005-true-blood-s7e03-fire-hole-7-06-14-a.html)

Deftones 07-07-14 04:45 PM

Re: True Blood (S7E03) -- "Fire in the Hole" -- 7/06/14

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 12161175)
I think they were behind True Blood, and she really messed with that last year.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. It is mildly amusing that Pam and Eric decide to go after her and the Yakuza guys seem to have the same idea at the same time.

Josh-da-man 07-07-14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe (Post 12161183)
Looks like the Japanese corporation is the big bad?

Anyways, Man, thought Alcide would go out better after 5-6 years then just being shot and killed by a couple of scrubs.

I think they're using this final season to scorch the Earth.

I'm wondering if, in the end, nobody will be left alive, or the whole world will be destroyed. Or maybe they'll do something really stupid like having the whole world die off (humans, vampires, and everything inbetween), leaving Bill and Sookie as the sole survivors like an Adam and Eve in a postapocalyptic Eden.

windom 07-07-14 08:14 PM

I know most people hated the werepanthers, but I'd like to see them return before the end of the show. It never felt like a storyline that was adequately resolved. I would have liked to see the werepanthers interact with the werewolves, shifters, or even the vampires. Maybe everyone will be wiped out and then the panther people can take over the town.

Raul3 07-07-14 08:53 PM

Yeah, it would be great if the whole world is destroyed at the end. :lol:

Poor Alcide, he deserved a better dead, and not being killed by a nobody.

Sookie: And that kids, it's how your dad died, can I hook up with uncle Bill now? ;)

slop101 07-07-14 09:09 PM

This Onion article from last year rings more true now than ever!

‘True Blood’ Characters Openly Talking About How They Can’t Wait For Episode To End

BON TEMPS, LA—During Sunday night’s installment of HBO’s supernatural drama True Blood, several characters on the show overtly mentioned that the episode was really dragging and that they couldn’t wait for it to finally end. “Christ, when is this shitty show going to be over?” said character Bill Compton to the show’s protagonist, Sookie Stackhouse, adding that he was getting “pretty tired” of speaking with “this stupid accent” all the time. “I’m sorry, but this episode sucks dick, you guys, and there’s still like five minutes left. Should we just split early? It feels like we’ve been sitting in this dumb swamp talking about dark realms and faeries for about 12 hours. Are we seriously on Season 6 of this thing?” Sam Merlotte, a shapeshifter character on the program, reportedly spent the remainder of the episode openly complaining that the scene where he was hiding from werewolves was boring and a “complete waste of [his] time.”

JeffTheAlpaca 07-08-14 02:29 AM

The new Hollywood "It" Couple?

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/488...0MMnC%2FpxP%2B

superdeluxe 07-08-14 08:48 AM

Nice Consolation prize.

zoomgirl 07-08-14 12:14 PM

I'm done. This show has gotten SO bad I find it hard to believe. I have HBO because I just moved and got it free for two months. NO WAY am I going to pay to watch this shit show.

dhmac 07-08-14 11:42 PM

In previous seasons, a lot of people hated Tara, Hoyt's mom, and the werewolves on the show. Now all 3 are dead (with Alcide representing the sole remaining werewolf on the show and his death possibly ending them as a group appearing onscreen) and a lot of people are upset over this. Just can't make everyone happy, it seems.

onebyone 07-09-14 12:04 AM

I came to like Tara as a vampire.

Besides, just becasue I don't like a long term character doesn't mean I want them killed off & treated like nothing. You can still write a good story about it. It all seems so ham-fisted.

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12161535)
This Onion article from last year rings more true now than ever!

It really does. They could be talking about that long, dull, pointless talk with Bill & Sookie in the woods.

Jackskeleton 07-09-14 01:07 AM

removing plot armor doesn't actually create giving a shit when they're killed off so half assed.

JZ1276 07-09-14 01:20 AM

OK two things. 1st, how could the Eric cliffhanger from last seasons finale be completely ignored after 3 episodes into this season? Ridiculous. Second, what was up with Jason's gay Eric dream from the last ep? Unless I missed something, that seemed very out of place.

Jackskeleton 07-09-14 01:53 AM

How was it ignored? He was saved by the ice. Digging himself in or some shit. Who knows, who cares. This is true blood. They don't care anymore. Just kill another season regular is their grand scheme.

JTH182 07-09-14 04:25 AM

So it looks like they're going Game of Vamps for the final season, but not in a good way.

creekdipper 07-09-14 05:50 AM

http://www.allthatsepic.com/wp-conte...ard-tarzan.jpg

I could always see Joe as Conan. Not so much Alexander as Tarzan.

majorjoe23 07-09-14 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 12162972)
OK two things. 1st, how could the Eric cliffhanger from last seasons finale be completely ignored after 3 episodes into this season? Ridiculous. Second, what was up with Jason's gay Eric dream from the last ep? Unless I missed something, that seemed very out of place.

It's because he consumed Eric's blood. It sometimes causes some freaky sex dreams.

windom 07-09-14 11:23 AM

How come vampires haven't invested in some bullet proof vests? Or at least something that protects their heart? It seems they could prevent most of the true deaths occurring that way.

dhmac 07-09-14 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12163257)
How come vampires haven't invested in some bullet proof vests? Or at least something that protects their heart? It seems they could prevent most of the true deaths occurring that way.

But then the show would make some sense and that's never happened on it before!

dhmac 07-09-14 02:36 PM

I didn't think it was as bad as people seem to think. Yeah, the 1st episode was definitely terrible - despite the familiar faces, it had a strange overall tone and didn't feel like a True Blood episode at all. However the 2nd episode and this episode started feeling a lot more like "true" True Blood again to me, which is trashy, soapy, yet entertaining junk (which, at its best, is all the show has ever been).

Yeah, its best trashy entertainment days seemed to leave with Alan Ball, but it's still a reasonably entertaining show.