Reload this Page >

Dominion (S1E02) -- "Godspeed" -- 6/26/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-26-14, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Alex rejects his new role as the Chosen One, but then a sleeper threat in Vega forces him to spring into action and protect the ones he loves. Meanwhile, Michael meets with Gabriel one last time before the war between angels and mankind reignites; and Gen. Riesen and David Whele try to tie up loose ends.

Episode 2 of 13

Previous Threads:

Episode 1
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/620...6-19-14-a.html
Old 06-26-14, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dominion (S1E02) -- "Godspeed" -- 6/26/14

After feeling rather tepid towards the pilot, I don't know if I'll give the second episode a shot.
Old 06-29-14, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

WTF? That was a weird twist at the end. General Riesen banging an Angel.

They really sexed up this episode. Lots of partial nudity, especially Claire, and a lot of scantily clad women.

I didn't quite get what those hand maidens were doing. Did they know they were killing themselves scratching their fingers on that green solvent? That one woman, Arika??, seems to have it out for David. Was she the one that got arrested last week?

That fight scene with Alex and the undercover female angel was pretty badass.
Old 07-15-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I will watch any show with Claire in it. This series isn't turning out as poor as I expected from its weak-looking promos but the producers did themselves no favors casting a very dull, generic lead as humanity's savior. He's the most boring part of the entire show.

The actor playing Michael hits the right note between angelic aloofness and alien menace. In contrast, the actor for Gabriel is playing it wildly over the top.
Old 07-16-14, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I will watch any show with Claire in it. This series isn't turning out as poor as I expected from its weak-looking promos but the producers did themselves no favors casting a very dull, generic lead as humanity's savior. He's the most boring part of the entire show.

The actor playing Michael hits the right note between angelic aloofness and alien menace. In contrast, the actor for Gabriel is playing it wildly over the top.
I have the agree - the "choosen one" is terrible. I feel like I'm watching this out of fource; I couldn't care less about the love story and politics but I find myself drawn to the angel mythology.

Also it kind feels like a bad BSG clone with angels instead of cylons.