TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Longmire - Season 3 Thread - Mondays on A&E

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Longmire - Season 3 Thread - Mondays on A&E

Originally Posted by Traxan
Looks like we are finally going to get resolution on the murder of Walt's wife. I just wonder one thing. Who was that Indian that Walt fought (lousy shooting on his part, BTW). Was that Ridges? And where the hell did that knife come from?
Where the knife came from, I don't know. But the last time the Indian(Ridges?) rode by, it did look like Walt was trying to reach up for some reason. I thought he was reaching up to pull him off the horse, but it was apparently him stabbing him with the knife.

Overall it has been another really good season. I just hate that it's (basicly)already over.

We've seen Branch go off the deep end.
The Vic/Gorski storyline wrapped up.
Henry burning his bar up.
Ferg not liking being left out and put in the corner.
And Walt has become a pro at clearing off desks.
Old 07-30-14, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Walt had the best line this season when he was out on the road right after getting shot.

Ruby: Walter Longmire, you've been shot!

Walt: Only once.

We in my house all laughed at that one.

As for the shootout with the white warrior, I knew there would be three passes because of what Jacob Nighthorse said in his prison cell about a warrior touching an enemy 3 times before he kills him. But where that knife came from is still a mystery.
Old 08-01-14, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what a great season so far. I really wish it was 13 episodes -- it seems like there's a lot of loose ends for them tie up in only an hour next week.
Old 08-02-14, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know, people on Facebook are howling over the short season. I have a bad feeling that it might be to save money, since the show is not a hot commodity. It draws about 3.5 million viewers and a 0.5 share of the most wanted demo. Hardly "Mad Men"/"Breaking Bad" numbers.

I'm just hoping we don't get fucked like fans of "The Glades" did.
Old 08-02-14, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know, people on Facebook are howling over the short season. I have a bad feeling that it might be to save money, since the show is not a hot commodity. It draws about 3.5 million viewers and a 0.5 share of the most wanted demo. Hardly "Mad Men"/"Breaking Bad" numbers.

I'm just hoping we don't get fucked like fans of "The Glades" did.
The original episode order for Season 2 was ten but they extended it to thirteen afterwards. I was hoping something like that was going to happen again this season. Now we have to wait another 10 months for new episodes.
Old 08-05-14, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The finale felt rushed but I was satisfied with the ending.
Old 08-05-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Another season cliffhanger with Branch? I severely doubt he's dead; hopefully his dear old dad is. Has this even been renewed? SUCH a great show overall--pity it doesn't get more props. Can't believe the season's already over, but I'm glad Henry's out and I'd love to see Walt hunting Nighthorse.
Old 08-05-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Something I noticed yesterday, they cut a lot out when they air the episode for the second time in a night. I was surprised how much they cut out.

I really enjoyed the season, I certainly hope they renew it for another season.
Old 08-05-14, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So it looks like season 4 will be the fallout. I'm going to assume Branch took out his old man because Bailey Chase gets much higher placement in the cast. Now it's Walt vs. Nighthorse and something tells me it won't be by the book. Walt will shred the rules when he wants to. Remember the suspect he lashed to a horse and Vic had her gun drawn, ready to fire and spook the horse into running? That confession should get thrown out of court, but Walt isn't always an upright lawman.

The scene with him and his wife's ashes was incredible, though.
Old 08-05-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan
Something I noticed yesterday, they cut a lot out when they air the episode for the second time in a night. I was surprised how much they cut out.

I really enjoyed the season, I certainly hope they renew it for another season.
I watched the encore. What was cut out?
Old 08-05-14, 01:30 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by joefrog91
I watched the encore. What was cut out?
A significant portion of the grave digging scene with Walt and Henry, and they took out the scene where they got on the plane to fly to the grave.
Old 08-05-14, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad the season is over already. Do we know Henry's whereabouts during the Branch scene with his father? Is it possible Henry was there? I know that it showed Henry, but I can't remember his location and am not sure if it was possible that Henry shot the old man.

Branch has a long way to go to redeem himself.
Old 08-05-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last I saw Henry he was driving down the road with his face out the window like that golden retriever in the insurance commercial. I know it was a symbolically serious moment but all I could think of was how Henry looked like a dog sticking his face in the wind from a car. Gave me a laugh.

I still don't get that whole grave digging scene with the Denver PD, though.

I am hopefully that all Branch did was smack the gun out of his dad's hands so it went off but didn't hit anyone. This leaves dad alive to confess. I sure don't want to see the poor guy get shot again.
Old 08-05-14, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Final numbers: 3.6 million viewers and a 0.6 share in the key 18-49 demo. WWE got twice that. Pathetic.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...f-more/290150/
Old 08-05-14, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...f-more/290150/

The finale got 3.7m viewers and 0.6.

Those are actually really good numbers compared to a lot of cable dramas. I don't see why A&E wouldn't renew it. Bates Motel gets similar numbers, but their demo is a little higher. Only thing that might be a problem is what Warner Bros wants to charge A&E for this show.
Old 08-05-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last I saw Henry he was driving down the road with his face out the window like that golden retriever in the insurance commercial. I know it was a symbolically serious moment but all I could think of was how Henry looked like a dog sticking his face in the wind from a car. Gave me a laugh.

I still don't get that whole grave digging scene with the Denver PD, though.

I am hopefully that all Branch did was smack the gun out of his dad's hands so it went off but didn't hit anyone. This leaves dad alive to confess. I sure don't want to see the poor guy get shot again.
Last they showed of Henry was him at a memorial along the rock wall where Walt found Hector when he was looking into who beat up Ed Gorski last season(?).

It would be a damn shame if this isn't brought back next year. It's one of only a couple of shows I watch as it airs.
Old 08-05-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is my favorite show on cable now. I really hope A&E gives it a 4th season. The scene with Robert Taylor putting his wife's ashes to pasture was really incredible.

WB just put the first and second seasons out on Blu-ray. There's definitely an audience for it. I just hope they see that.
Old 08-06-14, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Several good scenes in this episode. Like Walt punching Vic in the nose! Nothing against Vic/Sackhoff, but that was great because it was just so unexpected.
Old 08-06-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by loser09
A significant portion of the grave digging scene with Walt and Henry, and they took out the scene where they got on the plane to fly to the grave.
Thanks. Thought that seemed a little odd how quickly it happened.
Old 08-06-14, 09:44 AM

Dammit! My DVR cut off with a few minutes to go. Last part I saw was Branch asking his dad about giving Nighthorse money the night Walt's wife was killed. What did I miss after that?
Old 08-06-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Dammit! My DVR cut off with a few minutes to go. Last part I saw was Branch asking his dad about giving Nighthorse money the night Walt's wife was killed. What did I miss after that?
Spoiler:
Cliffhanger ending, where Branch's dad either shot Branch or Branch shot his dad. Walt hears it in the distance, but all we see is a shell casing hitting the ground.
Old 08-06-14, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Last they showed of Henry was him at a memorial along the rock wall where Walt found Hector when he was looking into who beat up Ed Gorski last season(?).

It would be a damn shame if this isn't brought back next year. It's one of only a couple of shows I watch as it airs.
You're right I remember that. Do you know whose ashes were in that jar he picked up?
Old 08-06-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You're right I remember that. Do you know whose ashes were in that jar he picked up?
I assume it was Hectors. If I remember correctly, I believe Henry once told Walt that in order to contact Hector you put a message in the jar and put it in that hole in the wall.
Old 08-06-14, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I don't buy that Branch and/or his dad would kill each other. I mean, over what even?
Old 08-06-14, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't buy that Branch and/or his dad would kill each other. I mean, over what even?
The fact that he knows he paid Nighthorse to send Ridges to kill his wife. His dad is a son of a bitch. I wouldn't put it past him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.