DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes of Cosplay - Season 1.5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/620286-heroes-cosplay-season-1-5-a.html)

DaveNinja 07-02-14 11:29 AM

Re: Heroes of Cosplay - Season 1.5

hopefully it will be back for another season. Riki must have used a ton of double sided tape to stay in that outfit.
Hook looked too happy. the teeth made her look like she was smiling instead of being scary

Cellar Door 07-02-14 04:17 PM

A pretty good wrap up to the season, though once again I wish they didn't spend 3/4 of the episode showing us "ohmygod I'm not gonna finish in time!" I would have rather seen more of the construction of the costumes, or more of the other costumes in the contest, like the "best skit" Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Yaya's costume was pretty bad-ass. I wish she hadn't cut those ropes/tassels off, though. But she looked awesome and seemed to handle the stilts okay once on stage.

The Soul Calibur girls looked great--even Katie who apparently spent more time whining about how she wasn't going to have her costume finished than she did actually working on the costume. Kindra does really good work, and she seems pretty cool--I'm glad they added her to the mix. And Riki... goddamn! That's going to provide me some "material" for later. -other-

Even though Jessica, Holly, and Chloe are my favorites, I was a little surprised that they won the top prize since Holly's Captain Hook was the only costume in their group that looked all that complicated. Still, it was a good concept and I'm glad they got some love.

All in all, I liked this "1.5" season better than the first six eps. I think having more players--including more guys--helps round things out better. I'd be in for a season 2 if there is one.

Cellar Door 07-02-14 04:42 PM

Syfy gallery photos, spoilered for size:

Yaya

Chloe

Jessica

Holly

Riki

Indra

Katie

hanshotfirst1138 07-02-14 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 12157210)
And Riki... goddamn! That's going to provide me some "material" for later. -other-

TMI, man ;).

windom 07-13-14 11:37 PM

According to Chris Hardwick's twitter, he and Chloe have split.

PhantomStranger 07-14-14 02:26 PM

I missed this thread around the time of the finale. Riki certainly went all the way with that costume design in the finale.:D

I'd like for the show to come back, though it got increasingly formulaic with the typical, last-minute "problems" that always seemed to arise before a contest.

madcougar 07-15-14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12167783)
According to Chris Hardwick's twitter, he and Chloe have split.

Oh dear lord, no! Why didn't I get a CNN alert about this!?

JayKay7 09-09-14 11:34 AM

I realize this is probably a stretch but, after hours of googling and searching trying to find it on my own I admit I need help and have come to seek assistance. In the first episode of season 1.5 or episode 7 of season 1 (however you wish to view it) at the very beginning they show a few cosplayers with the voice-over narration saying "They are the iconic characters from videogames, comic books, anime..." and Right at the "anime" part of the sentence they show what seems to be a man in a black suit with a completely wrapped/bandaged head with what appear to be tentacles coming out of the back of his head. I have searched and searched and found no answer to who this supposed "anime" character is. Please, can any of you help? I've noticed you are adept at naming characters on sight based off costumes and would love to finally be relieved of this mental rubiks cube of an inquiry. Any direction At All would be helpful. I hope someone reads this, and thank you in advance for any help offered!

PhantomStranger 09-09-14 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay7 (Post 12227540)
I realize this is probably a stretch but, after hours of googling and searching trying to find it on my own I admit I need help and have come to seek assistance. In the first episode of season 1.5 or episode 7 of season 1 (however you wish to view it) at the very beginning they show a few cosplayers with the voice-over narration saying "They are the iconic characters from videogames, comic books, anime..." and Right at the "anime" part of the sentence they show what seems to be a man in a black suit with a completely wrapped/bandaged head with what appear to be tentacles coming out of the back of his head. I have searched and searched and found no answer to who this supposed "anime" character is. Please, can any of you help? I've noticed you are adept at naming characters on sight based off costumes and would love to finally be relieved of this mental rubiks cube of an inquiry. Any direction At All would be helpful. I hope someone reads this, and thank you in advance for any help offered!

A screen cap or similar image from Google Search would be a lot of help in identifying this character.

JayKay7 09-15-14 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12227717)
A screen cap or similar image from Google Search would be a lot of help in identifying this character.

Hi, I tried to reply here with the screen caps but ran into some issues. Sent you a msg/email. I apologize if that was overstepping my bounds/not in keeping with the codes of conduct on the forum.

Abob Teff 09-15-14 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay7 (Post 12236019)
Hi, I tried to reply here with the screen caps but ran into some issues. Sent you a msg/email. I apologize if that was overstepping my bounds/not in keeping with the codes of conduct on the forum.

Definitely out of the social norm around here JayKay. If fact, by doing that you are now Phantom's fiancée.

PhantomStranger 09-16-14 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by JayKay7 (Post 12236019)

It's fine, don't worry about it. Here are the pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127845...n/photostream/

I would post this question in the anime section if I were you, someone there would almost certainly recognize the character. It looks to be a villain of some kind from a recent anime. I do watch anime but can't place him.

CrashNBurn69 09-16-14 12:13 AM

That's Slender Man. Not an anime character but an urban legend. I dressed as him a couple Halloweens ago minus the tentacles.

PhantomStranger 09-16-14 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69 (Post 12236041)
That's Slender Man. Not an anime character but an urban legend. I dressed as him a couple Halloweens ago minus the tentacles.

This was taken at an anime convention and the tentacles seem very anime to me. I would agree it's Slender Man if it didn't have tentacles. The wrapped head look is fairly common in anime villains.

CrashNBurn69 09-16-14 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12236049)
This was taken at an anime convention and the tentacles seem very anime to me. I would agree it's Slender Man if it didn't have tentacles. The wrapped head look is fairly common in anime villains.

Googling Slender Man, many images portray him with the tentacles

hanshotfirst1138 09-16-14 12:51 AM

What is it with the Japanese and tentacles? It's frigging creepy.

PhantomStranger 09-16-14 11:56 AM

It's possibly a villain from Future Diary.

JayKay7 09-16-14 12:23 PM

Googled "animate miami slender man" and there he was! Thanks you guys for all your help, that was Killing me! Couldn't find any anime with SlenderMan in it though..

PhantomStranger 09-16-14 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay7 (Post 12236492)
Googled "animate miami slender man" and there he was! Thanks you guys for all your help, that was Killing me! Couldn't find any anime with SlenderMan in it though..

Slender Man is a strange cult character created on some kind of web forum, that got a bit of notoriety when teens claimed it was their inspiration for their crimes.

Manco 04-18-15 06:13 PM

Is this show done? I noticed its not anywhere on Sy Fy's website or xbox app.

PhantomStranger 04-18-15 06:33 PM

I thought I heard it was getting another season. It's so cheap to produce I thought it would get an automatic renewal.