Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrow -- "Seeing Red" -- 4/23/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Arrow -- "Seeing Red" -- 4/23/14

ROY SPINS OUT OF CONTROL - The mirakuru sends Roy (Colton Haynes) into an uncontrollable rage and he unleashes on the city. After Roy's deadly fight with a police officer, Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes the mirakuru has taken over Roy completely and must figure out a way to stop him. Things get more complicated after Sara (Caity Lotz) declares that Roy is too far gone and the only way to stop him is to kill him. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) believes she can breakthrough to Roy so she goes on camera at Moira's (Susanna Thompson) campaign rally to lure him to Verdant. Her ploy works but after Roy attacks Thea, Team Arrow unleashes on him. Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#220).

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2zl6jezzu

Episode 20 of 23

Last edited by DJariya; 04-23-14 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-23-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Arrow -- "Seeing Red" -- 4/23/14

Saw it coming but I still feel that Slade killed the wrong Queen.
Old 04-23-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I got one of my wishes I've talked about in recent weeks. I never really thought that character served much purpose anymore and thought their death would help move Olivers character forward. Obvious set up in the Limo though.

I repeat what I said last week about hoping that Slade Wilson doesn't die this season. Bennett and Amell have such good charisma together thath he deserves to become the Joker to Amell's Batman.

Seriously though this show is so damn good this is easily the best TV series to be based on a comic book character by such a large margin and this might be my favorite sophomore series of any TV show period.
Old 04-23-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I hope Slade is defeated but not killed. I get the feeling that Sarah's days are numbered. Also, was that
Spoiler:
Laurel sporting blonde hair in next week's preview?
Old 04-23-14, 08:29 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Holy fuck.
Old 04-23-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Umm what?!? Heck, I thought the episode ended in the limo, then realized there was still 7 minutes.

Okay, once she said she knew at the club I knew something was up. Granted, I figured she'd make it to the end of the season. Heck, in the limo I thought she was going to tell Thea Ollie's secret. I also felt she was quite weak for most of the show, although maybe it's how the actress opted to play her. In the flashback scenes she seemed a much more relatable character.

This show does a good job of not following the predictable. I actually hope they'd take the opportunity to have Ollie tell her the truth and bring her in, rather than push her away further. Besides, she's the only family he has left (well, I suppose a son or daughter too).
Old 04-23-14, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

the flashbacks of his mom, pretty much foreshadowed her death. that was a bomb way to go, though! slade wilson is a cold mother fucker.

so now oliver has a kid in the wild. wonder if that will come up at some point in the future.
Old 04-23-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Wonder if the kid will show up next season. I really didn't see that coming. They should have taken slade out the last time they had the chance because they know how dangerous he is.

The being broke or going broke thing does not make any sense. They have no secure funds anywhere? Or extra accounts, no hidden money? Plus even if they lost every dime they still own a huge house (maybe more) and tons of items inside. They would likely be millionaires just selling off a few things.

Of course tv show broke will somehow mean having money to do lots of stuff.
Old 04-23-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I bet that Ollie gets his money back soon into next season. This was a crazy episode, lots of major developments. Roy went ahead and killed those cops in his blind rage, I thought for a minute they were going to have Sara off him.

Ollie having a kid he doesn't know about is a real curveball. If one were cynical, it looks like they are ripping Damian right out of the Batman comic mythos and giving Ollie an equivalent character.

Week after week, this season of Arrow has been fantastic. It's right up there among the best superhero seasons in television history.
Old 04-24-14, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Holy shit!!

I agree with Deftones, the flashbacks with Ollie and Moira foreshadowed her pending doom. They were really well done and showed that Moira, despite her flaws, only had Ollie's best interest in mind. I bet Ollie's kid will come into the picture next season.

With the way Sara and Ollie ended things, I have a bad feeling that something bad will happen to her as well as Slade also put. Slade is out for fucking blood. Manu Bennett has been a fantastic adversary for the Arrow.
Old 04-24-14, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that's if she actually went ahead and had the kid. If she did, he or she would be around 7 or 8 by this point in time,

In the comics, though...

Spoiler:
...Ollie did have a kid he didn't initially know about. Connor Hawke, who became Green Arrow himself when Ollie had died.
Old 04-24-14, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Well, that's if she actually went ahead and had the kid. If she did, he or she would be around 7 or 8 by this point in time,

In the comics, though...

Spoiler:
...Ollie did have a kid he didn't initially know about. Connor Hawke, who became Green Arrow himself when Ollie had died.
So weird that this post isn't by taffer.
Old 04-24-14, 12:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-24-14, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

Week after week, this season of Arrow has been fantastic. It's right up there among the best superhero seasons in television history.
Agreed. This show had no rocky start, they know exactly what they are doing.

Based on what they have done I likely prefer this over something Batman belated because I like the balance Oliver has for what he has to do. Amazed Batman has not been killed worrying about not harming someone shooting at him.
Old 04-24-14, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ack!
Old 04-24-14, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Heck,, given how cold Slade is, I thought he was going to off Thea instead despite Moira's plea.

BTW, the shock on Moira's face when she realized Ollie knew Slade from the island was pretty crazy.

Also, I'd say this sets up sufficient motivation for Speedy if they want to go that route.
Old 04-24-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Once we had mom in the flashbacks I figured she wasn't long for this world but yeah I wish the sister had been killed instead. One hell of an episode.
Old 04-24-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if felicity is getting a pot belly from "big belly burgers", i would still rub that pot hard enough to make a genie come out.

"i care about you too much to be with you" = it's not you its me. i am so using that.

maybe since someone in a "red hoodie" killed some cops, it is time for Roy to expand his fashion horizons into a new color palette.

*thea thinks to self pensively*, "the arrow has a limp, ollie has a limp...maybe the arrow is diggle" yeah. okay. the jig is up daddy frank. is there anyone who is not hip to his secret identify at this point?

Sara has commitment issues and is hiding behind the old "i am an assassin to my core" excuse. (i am so using that too. cue pee wee and the "You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." scene)

Moira from 7 years ago is HOT. ollie must have endured some ribbing from his billionaire cohorts about that.
she could have also told his baby momma "if you don't take the two million i will just pay some homeless dude to push you down the stairs. amscray, baby."

i do not dig ollie's 7 year old wig. makes him look like he should be in a dumb and dumber sequel with that bowl cut/bangs.

what happened to moira made me feel physically ill. i am incredibly invested in all these characters. what could have been some silly comic book show, is really some of the most affecting drama i am seeing on poor people tv right now. i think it puts whatever they try to do on SOA to shame. it isn't over the top or violent for violence sake. it is just sad. sad what people do in the name of revenge, sad what people do in the name of love. sad even when doing the right thing. that i don't hate slade for what he does, but mourn who he was and what he has become/turned into, feels like the product of some good acting from dude from Sparticus.
Old 04-24-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Eh. Killing Moira opens up way more storytelling potential than killing Thea ever would. Truth be told Moira was expendable for a long time because there wasn't really much they could do with her.
Old 04-24-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Yeah, with the way shit was going, you'd have to actually give her the Mayor title and that shit wasn't flying right anyway given she had a hand in leveling so much of the city.
Old 04-24-14, 08:40 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow what a way to end a episode !!
Old 04-24-14, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Killing off Moira was the right call. Unless they were going to run with her as mayor, she had little purpose left on the show.

If people aren't paying attention, they cast an actor for Cyborg in the Justice League movies.
Old 04-25-14, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

The Cyborg character will make a short appearance in Batman vs Superman. It will be interesting if/when they cast a Flash for the movies who's different from the TV series actor.
Old 04-25-14, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I really wish they stopped trying to make Cyborg a character we gave a shit about. HEAR THAT, GEOFF JOHNS, NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIM!

Neither do we care about your dead sister.
Old 04-25-14, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Someone just called this show boring.

I wonder what would be entertaining.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.