DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/12/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619337-z-nation-syfy-season-1-thread-premieres-9-12-14-a.html)

DJariya 04-07-14 04:44 PM

Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/12/14

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...bf&oe=549E874A

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/07/sy...bies-z-nation/

To feed the people’s fascination with (or fear of) a zombie apocalypse, Syfy announced Monday it has ordered a new show based on just that.
The 13-episode series, Z Nation, will follow the struggle for humans to survive post-zombie apocalypse. Produced by The Asylum, the company who brought us the gem that is Sharknado, Z Nation “will take viewers where no zombie has gone before,” showrunner Karl Schaefer said in a statement. “[The show adds] a sense of hope to the horror of the apocalypse — our everyday heroes take the fight to the zombies.”
Instead of picking up immediately after the apocalypse, though, the show will focus on what is happening three years after the zombie virus hits America. Only one survivor of the plague lives on, but he has to be transported across the country to a lab where a sample of his zombie-free blood can hopefully create a vaccine. But — plot twist! — the survivor has a secret that could be the end of them all.
Z Nation is set to premiere this fall.

In Z Nation, three years have passed since the zombie virus has gutted the country, and a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world's last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind's survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America. Z Nation stars Harold Perrineau (Oz, Lost) Tom Everett Scott (Southland, Beauty and the Beast), DJ Qualls (Supernatural), Michael Welch (Twilight trilogy), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) Anastasia Baranova (The Darkness II) as Addy, Russell Hodgkinson (Big Fish) as Doc and Keith Allan (Rise of the Zombies) as Murphy. Karl Schaefer (Eerie Indiana, Eureka, The Dead Zone) serves as executive producer and showrunner. Acclaimed action director John Hyams (Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning) will direct the pilot. The series is produced by The Asylum and sold internationally by Dynamic Television.

TGM 04-07-14 04:52 PM

re: Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/12/14

I was all like :dance:, then when I saw Asylum I was all like :sad:

TomOpus 04-07-14 04:57 PM

Only one survivor of the plague lives on...
Just one? Who's creating the vaccine? Why does the description also use the plural "humans" who will struggle to survive?

Main question will be is Tara Reid going to be a zombie?

DJariya 04-07-14 04:58 PM

I say The Asylum makes this series an all-star cast of everyone notable who has starred in one of their schlocky horror and sci-fi movies. That's really the only way you'll get people to watch it and not take it too seriously.

VHS? 04-07-14 05:25 PM

This will be awesome. Say what you will about The Asylum, but they make some fun movies.
Get every has-been in the business and you're sure to have a blockbuster on your hands ... no seriously!
Cant wait for those who love to bitch about The Walking Dead every week give their opinions.

DJariya 06-20-14 02:35 PM

HAROLD PERRINEAU, TOM EVERETT SCOTT AND DJ QUALLS JOIN CAST OF SYFY’S ZOMBIE SERIES Z NATION

13-Episode Series To Premiere in Fall 2014

NEW YORK – June 19, 2014 – Syfy today unveiled the cast of Z Nation, an all-new zombie series set to debut in the fall. From production company The Asylum (Sharknado), the 13-episode action-horror series depicts the epic struggle to save humanity after a zombie apocalypse. Harold Perrineau (Oz, Lost) Tom Everett Scott (Southland, Beauty And The Beast), DJ Qualls (Supernatural), Michael Welch (Twilight trilogy) and Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) have joined the ensemble drama, currently in production in Spokane, WA.

In Z Nation, three years have passed since the zombie virus has gutted the country, and a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America.

Perrineau will play Hammond, the leader of the group headed west; Scott portrays Garnett, Hammond’s second-in-command; and Qualls plays the role of Citizen Z, a computer hacker who joins the team and helps them navigate the zombie-infested terrain. Welch and Smith are Mack and Addy, respectively, two disparate wanderers drawn to the team – and to each other – by a shared goal: survival.

Rounding out the ensemble are Anastasia Baranova (The Darkness II) as Addy, Russell Hodgkinson (Big Fish) as Doc and Keith Allan (Rise of the Zombies) as Murphy.

Z Nation is a dynamic ensemble action-drama that will plunge viewers into a fully-imagined post-zombie America and take them on an adventure with a diverse group of richly-drawn characters. As the reluctant heroes learn to work as a team and battle ever-more-menacing zombies, their flaws, idiosyncrasies, and moral dilemmas will ultimately become the heart of the show.

Karl Schaefer (Eerie Indiana, Eureka, The Dead Zone) serves as executive producer and showrunner. Acclaimed action director John Hyams (Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning) will direct the pilot. The series is produced by The Asylum and sold internationally by Dynamic Television.

This is Harold Perrineau

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.co...0&h=377&crop=1

This is Tom Everett Scott

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures...ALO-062716.jpg

This is DJ Qualls

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures...TYG-001058.jpg

For those here who can't put a face to the names. ;)

TGM 06-20-14 03:15 PM

they can save a lot on the makeup budget if DJ Qualls plays a zombie.

Navinabob 06-20-14 03:26 PM

Legit :(

majorjoe23 06-20-14 03:33 PM

Casting is Asylum projects is done by the same manatees the write Family Guy.

PhantomStranger 06-20-14 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 12145471)
Casting is Asylum projects is done by the same manatees the write South Park.

South Park accused Family Guy of being written by Manatees.

majorjoe23 06-20-14 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12145475)
South Park accused Family Guy of being written by Manatees.

Crap, brain fart.

Jory 06-20-14 05:46 PM

I have an idea for a TV show: it's like the Punisher, only instead of gunning down Mafia criminals, he goes around hunting film and TV producers who are trying to flood the market with more zombie horseshit. It's called Fucking Enough Already.

VHS? 06-20-14 07:39 PM

I have an idea. It's called Dont Fucking Watch It Then.
You know what I do when something doesn't interest me ? I dont pay attention to it ! Neat concept, huh !

DJariya 06-20-14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by VHS? (Post 12145683)
I have an idea. It's called Dont Fucking Watch It Then.
You know what I do when something doesn't interest me ? I dont pay attention to it ! Neat concept, huh !

:D. It's also called bored posters who read every single thread even if the topic, show or movie doesn't interest them. If a show or movie doesn't me, the last thing I will do is read reviews or comment in threads about it. Waste of time.

Back to Z Nation

I think if they keep this on the campy side like Sharknado, it could be fun.

leeta 06-20-14 10:15 PM

I'm just glad that Syfy is willing to take chances starting up all these new scripted programs. Some will be hits and some will be misses, but you don't know for sure until you try them...

It may be that this one is unintentionally funny, but that works out, too. ;) That said, I bet that they do go for camp since one of the actors is the skinny guy from Supernatural.

Charlie Goose 06-20-14 10:23 PM

I dig Asylum flicks. They may be no-budget, but you can tell the makers are fans of the genre.

Like Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies.

Abob Teff 06-20-14 11:25 PM

OK, I'm still confused ... if there is only ONE survivor, who the fuck is everybody else? Seriously striking out before we even get started.

PhantomStranger 06-20-14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jory (Post 12145590)
I have an idea for a TV show: it's like the Punisher, only instead of gunning down Mafia criminals, he goes around hunting film and TV producers who are trying to flood the market with more zombie horseshit. It's called Fucking Enough Already.

That sounds like an interesting idea...If you are willing to work zombies into it somehow I am prepared to offer you a three-show deal.

mnementh 06-21-14 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 12145803)
OK, I'm still confused ... if there is only ONE survivor, who the fuck is everybody else? Seriously striking out before we even get started.

I'm guessing everybody else either haven't been exposed to the plague or they're carriers so they turn into zombies when they die.

leeta 06-21-14 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 12145803)

Don't know if you're being serious or not... but, I'm guessing he's the only one who survived after being infected and the transporters, lab workers, etc. are some of the lucky few never infected. So, they need his blood to create a vaccine for the all the uninfected.

Tom Banjo 06-21-14 02:54 AM

It sounds very similar to a book called Plaguesville USA.
http://www.amazon.com/Plaguesville-U.../dp/B0078FN0RA

ddrknghtrtns 06-21-14 05:55 AM

Spoiler:
Bet you all the dude is a vampire!

Abob Teff 06-21-14 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by leeta (Post 12145823)
Don't know if you're being serious or not... but, I'm guessing he's the only one who survived after being infected and the transporters, lab workers, etc. are some of the lucky few never infected. So, they need his blood to create a vaccine for the all the uninfected.

Maybe I am misreading it, but it doesn't say he is the only person who has contracted the virus and survived. It says he is the only person to survive the plague.

In Z Nation, three years have passed since the zombie virus has gutted the country, and a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America.

leeta 06-22-14 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 12146481)
Maybe I am misreading it, but it doesn't say he is the only person who has contracted the virus and survived. It says he is the only person to survive the plague.

Quote:

Even though it doesn't explicitly state it, I think the implication is pretty clear that he was infected and his body fought it off. Since there aren't any vaccines, that would be the only explanation for him having antibodies to the plague. Just a guess here, but I'll put it in spoiler tags....
Spoiler:
It says he has a dark secret, so maybe he's the one who created (or weaponized) the virus. That would explain why he's the only one with immunity....

writer106 08-19-14 06:12 PM

First trailer has been released

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/19/z-...748ee8083ae7e4