TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified -- "The Toll" -- 3/25/14

Old 03-25-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Justified -- "The Toll" -- 3/25/14

Justified

Season Five - Episode Descriptions

Episode 11 / Production #511 - "The Toll" (Airs March 25, 10:00 pm e/p) - A shooting close to home forces Raylan and Boyd to decide which lines they're willing to cross. Written by Benjamin Cavell; directed by John Avnet.

Read more: Listings - JUSTIFIED on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wzntDv7o

Episode 11 of 13
Old 03-25-14, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Justified -- "The Toll" -- 3/25/14

Edward James Olmos
Old 03-25-14, 09:54 PM
Banned

I do know how to blow things up.
Old 03-25-14, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Damn there was a lot going on in this one.

And boom.
Old 03-25-14, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Smoking kills
Old 03-25-14, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Love it when boyd gets his hands on explosives, not sure how wynn is going to explain that one to hotel mgmt. I hope he didn't leave his credit card on file.
Old 03-26-14, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like Ava is the new queen of the cellblock. ICE CREAM!

Damn, Boyd never disappoints. Nice splatter effect too. At least it wasn't Duffy.
Old 03-26-14, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that was good. I was scratching my head on why in the hell Darryl would turn himself in and totally did not see him having Kendall taking the heat for the shooting Between the beating of his sister last week and that, his character now actually seems to have some weight as a bad guy - something I think that was missing (and wish they had done something earlier in the season). Granted a bad guy with an accent that makes you want to puncture your ear drums, but a bad guy none the less.

The cigarette pack was pretty telegraphed but that was badass. Boyd is one proactive son of a bitch. Still trying to figure out where the Ava stuff is heading.
Old 03-26-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is it with Walton Goggins always throwing explosives in people's laps?!

That Darryl Crowe Jr. is a real piece of shit, and his sister, too. How could she just sit there and let her son take the fall for something she has to know he didn't do?

I really liked the scene with Art and Allison and how their bond seems to be, "Ugh, that Raylan's a real pain in the ass." I realize there's adrenaline and all, but could someone really not notice they've been shot?

I hope this means more Tim and Rachel. The scene with Tim and Raylan was interesting. Raylan came off a little dickish saying Tim doesn't know Art as well as he does, but it also kinda shows that maybe Raylan's going go about things in a more professional manner than just a gunslinger. I think that line at the end to Darryl about hanging him with his own web falls in line with that.
Old 03-26-14, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"This shit will kill ya."

*BOOM!*

Holy crap that was insane.
Old 03-26-14, 11:42 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

I'm starting to think Art will live to the end of the series afterall. I mean, you wouldn't almost kill him, have him get better, just to kill him again, right?
Old 03-26-14, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

part of me thinks the kendall frame up could be disproven.
does he have gun shot residue on his hands (maybe Darryl had him shoot one to address this), mapping out where the bullets hit, does the trajectory match / could they be fired from someone his size
are there any cameras in that lobby
if art comes to and says he didnt see the shooter, doesn't that torpedo kendall saying he walked up to the door.

it all seems to hinge on things that could easily come apart, and maybe that is what raylan is referring to as the web of bullshit?

i am not quite understanding why wendy would let her son take the fall for this?

i am hoping this starts raylan on the path of more professional behavior, and maybe the convo in the car with art's wife leads to him eventually quitting the marshals and going to be a dad.

i would like to rub salve on wendy's bruised face.

i do wonder what other marshals work in that office and whether Rachel should be promoted over them.

at first i thought the explosion was a little too hollywood, but this is a show that opened with boyd using a LAW on a rival dealers office and i realized it does fit with this world.

RIP Art's pancreas.
Old 03-26-14, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If Justified exists in the CSI world sure it's easy to disprove it is him. If it's in the real world, there is no fucking way any of that happens. You can't say much at all from the path of bullets, largely because you can't say too much about the relative positions of the gun, the person holding the gun, and the position the person is in when struck by bullets. If you have a midget shooting a NBA center in the head and there is stipling on the NBA center's skin AND you can demonstrate that the center is in a room without chairs and standing, you can prove the midget didn't do it. Put a chair in the room and he's getting fucking convicted.

I can't wait to see the episode. I was out last night and have to play catch up.
Old 03-26-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
does he have gun shot residue on his hands (maybe Darryl had him shoot one to address this), mapping out where the bullets hit, does the trajectory match / could they be fired from someone his size
if art comes to and says he didnt see the shooter, doesn't that torpedo kendall saying he walked up to the door.

it all seems to hinge on things that could easily come apart, and maybe that is what raylan is referring to as the web of bullshit?

i am not quite understanding why wendy would let her son take the fall for this?

i am hoping this starts raylan on the path of more professional behavior, and maybe the convo in the car with art's wife leads to him eventually quitting the marshals and going to be a dad.

i would like to rub salve on wendy's bruised face.

i do wonder what other marshals work in that office and whether Rachel should be promoted over them.

at first i thought the explosion was a little too hollywood, but this is a show that opened with boyd using a LAW on a rival dealers office and i realized it does fit with this world.

RIP Art's pancreas.
it is easily disproved. kendall said he rang the bell. that never happened. basically once art was in the hallway, the shooting started.
Old 03-26-14, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre

i am not quite understanding why wendy would let her son take the fall for this? .
I believe it was the next day so as far as GSR - he could just say he washed up at some point. If Art does wakeup he probably at minimum could speak to the height of the shooter even if he didn't see the face, so I think the whole thing (as far as Darryl is concerned) hinges on Art not waking up. Also if Darryl was crouched down (I forget if he was) the bullet path may not seem as weird - though it would make folks wonder why Kendall would have been standing upright.

I was wondering if Wendy actually knew the plan - she was either acting for the marshalls or maybe she did not know the plan? What she told Raylan (that Darryl feared Raylan shooting him) may have been what she really thought was the truth.

I don't think the confession would stand up, but even if it doesn't it's another obstacle in proving it was Darryl unless Art saw his face (and wakes up)
Old 03-26-14, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieK
Which is the better exit line:

"This shit'll kill you."

or

"Shane?"
Old 03-26-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know!

If I ever see that guy, I'm always standing up.
Old 03-27-14, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Mwahahah. I didn't even make that connection til now.