Reload this Page >

Resurrection -- "Two Rivers" -- 3/23/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-23-14, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

BELLAMY AND MAGGIE SEARCH FOR A CONNECTION BETWEEN JACOB AND CALEB AND PASTOR TOM'S LIFE IS CHANGED FOREVER BY A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS, ON "RESURRECTION," SUNDAY, MARCH 23 ON ABC

"Two Rivers" - Exhuming Jacob's grave only deepens the mystery of his return. Henry struggles to accept that Jacob is really the son he lost 30 years ago. Bellamy and Maggie search for a connection between Jacob and Caleb's deaths and wonder if the local river may hold a clue. Their digging also unearths Caleb's criminal past - he robbed the bank his daughter Elaine works at just days before his death. Pastor Tom's life is changed forever by a shocking turn of events, on "Resurrection," SUNDAY, MARCH 23 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Resurrection" stars Omar Epps as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards, Sam Hazeldine as Caleb Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston.

Guest starring are Veronica Cartwright as Helen Edgerton, Kathleen Munroe as Rachael Braidwood, Ned Bellamy as Samuel Catlin,, Travis Young as Ray Richards, Jason Saucier as Dale Getheard, Kevin Sizemore as Gary Humphrey, Joe Knezevich as young Henry, Ellen Wall as the bartender and Matthew Wingfield Sligh as Eddie.

"Two Rivers" was written by Nicki Paluga and directed by Kevin Dowling.

Read more: Listings - RESURRECTION on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wpScGBjW

Episode 3 of 8

So far, I like this. Will interesting to see what's in the box after the last episode.
Old 03-24-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Resurrection -- "Two Rivers" -- 3/23/14

Great episode, really digging this show.

And of course I want to know the answer to the big question. In the book, they never open the grave, and they never answer the big question of why this is happening. So it will be interesting what direction they take here. Or if they decide that they will keep that as an open question.

And no, I don't expect the answer to be aliens.
Old 03-24-14, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
Great episode, really digging this show.

And of course I want to know the answer to the big question. In the book, they never open the grave, and they never answer the big question of why this is happening. So it will be interesting what direction they take here. Or if they decide that they will keep that as an open question.

And no, I don't expect the answer to be aliens.

I also remember that from the book and when I read it for the first time I wondered why the graves weren't opened. I also don't think they will ever go the alien route. I do wonder what the full story with Ray is.

I liked last night's episode, but I don't see Bellamy and Maggie being a good couple.
Old 03-24-14, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't read the book but think some sort of parallel universe situation is occurring. I don't think this show will resort to aliens or the supernatural. This is definitely meant to hook Lost's old fans.
Old 03-24-14, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will also go with parallel universe. Maybe one life returns means one life must be sacrificed.
Old 03-24-14, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... please dont be aliens ... please dont be aliens ...
Old 03-25-14, 08:37 AM
RIP

I'm not saying it's aliens. But it's aliens.
Old 03-25-14, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
In the book, they never open the grave, and they never answer the big question of why this is happening.
I can translate that as the writer had no idea what to make up.
Old 03-25-14, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
I can translate that as the writer had no idea what to make up.
Even if you did, that might mean that the writer decided there's still an interesting exploratory story available about how people would react under these circumstances. What if the audience/reader never knows "why" any more than the characters do? Sometimes things happen that way.

If my mother suddenly showed up with all her memories of being my mother, how would I react? How long would "why?" play into how I choose to react? Would I refuse to let her into my house until I know why?

Again, there is much human exploration available without knowing why.
Old 03-25-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You really have to suspend your disbelief that a situation like this wouldn't generate immediate national press. Trust me, if the dead started walking around in perfectly good health that small town would be swamped with outsiders. Apparently these dead people had absolutely no other living relatives or friends to notify.
Old 03-25-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
Even if you did, that might mean that the writer decided there's still an interesting exploratory story available about how people would react under these circumstances. What if the audience/reader never knows "why" any more than the characters do? Sometimes things happen that way.

If my mother suddenly showed up with all her memories of being my mother, how would I react? How long would "why?" play into how I choose to react? Would I refuse to let her into my house until I know why?

Again, there is much human exploration available without knowing why.
I can see that. For a story like this I really want some type of explanation as to how they got here yet finding a reason that everyone does not see coming?

My comment was based on movies interpretive endings which for the most part comes across like they are trying to be deep and or meaningful when I kind of see it as pretentious and lazy depending on the story. However I will not give Walking Dead flack for not explaining how the zombies started because we are following that one group and the odds of them finding how what happened are slim. And it would end up just being a virus which they already talked about and only how or why is not known.
Old 03-25-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
You really have to suspend your disbelief that a situation like this wouldn't generate immediate national press. Trust me, if the dead started walking around in perfectly good health that small town would be swamped with outsiders. Apparently these dead people had absolutely no other living relatives or friends to notify.
In spoilers just in case, but nothing major I think.

Spoiler:

After the first episode they showed previews of the entire season. And it seems that the army intervenes or something like that.

In the book, it's already a world event, when the book starts. All the cable channels are talking about that. And then the government starts to take action.

In the show, it seems that just a few days have passed, and this started in this small town in the middle of nowhere. That's why Bellamy is trying to keep everything under wraps. That can't last of course. And I also expect this to happen in a global way.
Old 03-28-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just watched Sundays episode last night.

So far, I'm really liking the show. Good acting and I think the story is pretty compelling. I'm also getting the vibe the returning people are possibly from a parallel universe.

I'm a little confused about why Caleb was behaving so strangely in the last episode when he met that man and then presumably murdered him. I guess he has some kind of shady past that hasn't really been explained yet.
Old 03-28-14, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by writer106 View Post
I also remember that from the book and when I read it for the first time I wondered why the graves weren't opened. I also don't think they will ever go the alien route. I do wonder what the full story with Ray is.

I liked last night's episode, but I don't see Bellamy and Maggie being a good couple.
I like Omar Epps (Marty) a lot and I see they are kind of hinting things with him and Maggie. But, I really see no chemistry or connection between them. Devin Kelly is pretty, but she's not a good match for Epps.
Old 03-29-14, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I'm a little confused about why Caleb was behaving so strangely in the last episode when he met that man and then presumably murdered him. I guess he has some kind of shady past that hasn't really been explained yet.
I'm thinking it was him and his buddy that robbed the bank shortly before he died and they buried the loot at the cabin - which is the reason for all those holes. When he couldn't find his share, is why he done him in with the hammer.

That's at least what I got out of it.