Reload this Page >

Suits -- "Moot Point" -- 3/20/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-20-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Harvey faces an old rival from law school; Jessica tries to stay out of Louis and Scottie's feud. Original Air Date: Mar 20, 2014

Episode 13 of 16
Old 03-21-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Suits -- "Moot Point" -- 3/20/14

Isn't the point here that Mike doesn't even have a degree (much less a Harvard one), yet the firm still allows him to try cases?
Old 03-21-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Isn't the point here that Mike doesn't even have a degree (much less a Harvard one), yet the firm still allows him to try cases?
Yeah. And he's whining about not getting the spotlight now....Ok.
Old 03-22-14, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was hoping Louis would beat Scottie on his own, without any help from Harvey. Everyone urging Louis to let it go was full of shit.
Old 03-22-14, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I don't get why I'm supposed to feel bad for Mike. And honestly, outside of USA shows having to have a hook in the premises of their shows, I don't get why Mike can't still do the work he does without actually doing the things that he legally can't do as a lawyer. So much of Suits takes place outside of the court room, so it seems like Mike could still function as an aid/right hand man to Harvey, without technically filing motions or trying cases. He could be just like Donna, part of the team behind what makes Harvey so successful. Obviously that wouldn't make for good melodrama, but I do find myself thinking about how silly the premise of this show is the longer it goes on.
Old 03-22-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I was hoping Louis would beat Scottie on his own, without any help from Harvey. Everyone urging Louis to let it go was full of shit.
I didn't buy Louis not knowing the very bylaws he created.

I guess the problem I have is that they (those that know) continue to encourage this lie of Mike when they could have just made him actually go to Harvard while still clerking for Harvey.
Old 03-22-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It would be impossible to attend Harvard to do your undergrad and then attend their law school while working for a high-powered NYC law firm that demands your full attention.

The premise of the show is profoundly stupid. They should have just made Mike a paralegal or some kind of investigator/researcher for Harvey.
Old 03-22-14, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Agreed. Especially since I don't really think Suits needs the angle of Mike not having gone to Harvard angle to work. They've all but dropped his rain man qualities as it is. Sure, they portray him as whip smart, but we don't see him scanning and memorizing documents in seconds much anymore. Suits would work just fine as just a bunch of high powered lawyers doing high powered lawyery things.