TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hannibal -- "Sakizuki" -- 3/07/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Hannibal -- "Sakizuki" -- 3/07/14

"SAKIZUKI"

03/07/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Friday) : THE BAU TEAM NARROWS IN ON THE ORIGIN OF THE DISCARDED BODIES FROM A SOUPY CRIME SCENE, WORKING TO DISCOVER THE KILLER'S ARTFUL PLAN AS CYNTHIA NIXON AND GILLIAN ANDERSON GUEST STAR - The case of the human soup becomes clearer when a victim that has escaped from the killer's clutches washes downstream after a deadly fall, leaving valuable evidence for the BAU team to uncover. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) assists on the case, sniffing out clues of his own from of the victim's body. Meanwhile, Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) begins a plan of manipulation from within the asylum, set on proving his own innocence. Hannibal is able to put the clues together before the BAU team, arriving at the killer's silo and helping him to carry out his fascinating, yet deadly tableau... just not in the way the killer intended. Jack (Laurence Fishburne) tries to deal with his guilt over not protecting Will and submits to mandated therapy after Alana Bloom's (Caroline Dhavernas) scathing report. To Jack's surprise the counseling turns out to be beneficial. The BAU team independently arrives at the silo, finding a human tapestry of forty-seven bodies patched together, the killer hidden in plain sight. Awaiting his upcoming trial, Will is surprised by an unexpected guest - Bedelia du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) - who gives him a much-needed boost to his psyche. Also starring Hettienne Park and Aaron Abrams. TV-14 V

Read more: Listings - HANNIBAL on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2vK1KUg9w

Episode 2 of 13
Old 03-07-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Hannibal -- "Sakizuki" -- 3/07/14

That synopsis gives out too much information. After reading it, there's not much point to watching the show... well, except for the spot-on acting, artful direction and the creepy weirdness

But that site really does give out too much info...
Old 03-07-14, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So close.
Old 03-07-14, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

That opening sequence was pretty out there. I wanted to look away.
Old 03-07-14, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
That opening sequence was pretty out there. I wanted to look away.
I was thinking the same thing.

It makes me laugh to see Hannibal covered in that plastic, while still in his nice suit.
Old 03-07-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was rooting for that poor guy. What a terrible ending for him. Another solid episode. That bandsaw to the leg... yeesh. Network really pushing the limits. Next week looks amazing.
Old 03-07-14, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

The guy ripping himself out was e most graphic thing I ever remember seeing on network TV.
Old 03-07-14, 11:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I was thinking the same thing.

It makes me laugh to see Hannibal covered in that plastic, while still in his nice suit.
I was laughing because it looked like the plastic was perfectly fitted. Like he would have had it specially made.
Old 03-08-14, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow. It is amazing how nuanced and deep this show is. It is so low key but at the same time able to create atmospheres of singular emotion. It is fantastic. So many awesome little touches. Quality of the show has not dropped a millimeter from last season. Tremendous payoff with Gillians whispered statement at the end of the show. Also for a seemingly slow paced show a lot exactly happens because it is so visual and savors each shot. One of the very very rare shows I watch live.
Old 03-08-14, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

"Hello, I love your work."

The goriness of the opening, and then Lecter's preparation of the leg. yuck. Bryan Fuller and co are sick sick , but the photography and visuals are so sleek and well shot.

Gillian is a fox. Good luck on her new show.
Old 03-08-14, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I was rooting for that poor guy. What a terrible ending for him. Another solid episode. That bandsaw to the leg... yeesh. Network really pushing the limits. Next week looks amazing.
I was rooting for that poor guy too. What a choice he had. I would've jumped too.

Great episode. Love Will having his own Clarice while he is in jail.

Hope Bedelia comes back. Gillian & Mads play well off each other.
Old 03-08-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by skatefan20
"Hello, I love your work."

The goriness of the opening, and then Lecter's preparation of the leg. yuck. Bryan Fuller and co are sick sick , but the photography and visuals are so sleek and well shot.
I loved that line. And this show is so visually rich and interesting -- it's just ridiculous. The shot of Hannibal in the field of corn, or Will in the lake with the fish-bodies streaming past him? So so good.
Old 03-08-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
And this show is so visually rich and interesting -- it's just ridiculous.
I think this is one of the main reasons why I love the show. Some of the shots of the scenes just seem so theatrical.

I loved that scene with Hannibal and Dr. Du Maurier when Bedelia was essentially dumping Hannibal. I found Hannibal pretty menacing even though he was rather subdued.

I'm interested in seeing how Will uses his therapy with Hannibal to his advantage.

This is the second straight week I've loved the opening scene from the show. I hope they keep it up.
Old 03-08-14, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I loved that scene with Hannibal and Dr. Du Maurier when Bedelia was essentially dumping Hannibal. I found Hannibal pretty menacing even though he was rather subdued.

Yes that is what I meant when I said it excelled at portraying singular emotion. Does anyone else think TV Hannibal is starting to rival SOTL Hannibal just a little bit. Not as good, but Mads is killing it. Everyone is killing it. Has to be the best show on major network television easily.
Old 03-08-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I prefer Mikkelsen's take on Hannibal over Hopkins. But then, I also prefered Cox' Dr. Lector (though criminally underused in Manhunter) over Hopkins' Dr. Lecter.

Not saying Hopkins was bad, mind you. He's just my least favorite. And I don't count the Hannibal from Hannibal Rising because that performance (and the whole movie) was so shitty that it simply doesn't count.
Old 03-09-14, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I prefer Mikkelsen's take on Hannibal over Hopkins. But then, I also prefered Cox' Dr. Lector (though criminally underused in Manhunter) over Hopkins' Dr. Lecter.

Not saying Hopkins was bad, mind you. He's just my least favorite. And I don't count the Hannibal from Hannibal Rising because that performance (and the whole movie) was so shitty that it simply doesn't count.
So do I. Maybe its because its been parodied to death. But recently when I re-watch Lambs, Hopkins performance as Lector seems sort of corny and over the top. While Mikkelsen is just pure menace beneath a thin veneer self confidence and cool detachment.
Old 03-09-14, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here is a great interview with Bryan Fuller talking about Hannibal. It's from season one, but I still found it illuminating. Also, it makes me so frustrated to hear how he tried to get MGM to play ball with getting access to some stuff from Silence of the Lambs and they shut him down. Though that may prove for the best, as Hannibal will be more distinct since Fuller will need to work around the toys he can't play with.

http://geeknation.com/podcasts/the-b...-bryan-fuller/

Also add me to the chorus that prefers Mads' Hannibal to Hopkins.
Old 03-09-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I blind bought Season One and just finished watching it about two weeks, just in time for the premiere of Season Two To echo most everyone else's comments, this has to be one of the best shows on TV. Last night's opening scene, I found myself gritting my teeth and looking away at least three times. Mads is incredible on this show, and the rest of the cast is top-notch.
Old 03-09-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Yep, wild opening this week. And that leg preparation. Wow, that was unpleasant. Didn't help that I was eating while I was watching.

I really like how they're still throwing in lines directly from the movie(s), but not necessarily from the same character. This episode it was "Give me the file, I'll tell you what I think." but from Will, rather than Hannibal.

Also, Will's comment regarding how many colours the killer will add to his box of crayons was very similar, and delivered with the same coldness as Hannibal asking "How many more young women have to die before you trade with me?"

Last edited by andicus; 03-09-14 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-09-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Awesome episode.

The opening scene with the guy tearing himself off those bodies he was sewn to was graphic as hell. Borderline TV MA material.

That cooked human leg looked delicious.

I was getting worried for Bedelia for a second after she confronted Hannibal. Glad she was smart enough to take off and not become his next meal.
Old 03-09-14, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I was getting worried for Bedelia for a second after she confronted Hannibal. Glad she was smart enough to take off and not become his next meal.
That was the one thing I had a problem with. Shes smart and is well aware that Hannibal is a sociopath. I'd just bounce and tell him over the phone that I as no longer his therapist.
Old 03-10-14, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Awesome episode.

The opening scene with the guy tearing himself off those bodies he was sewn to was graphic as hell. Borderline TV MA material.

That cooked human leg looked delicious.

Believe it or not, we are actually supposed to taste pretty good. I think part of the trauma that the Andes survivors faced mentally was that the meat they ate tasted good which made what they were doing harder to deal with.

The first scene was not borderline TV-MA it was solidly TV-MA. Tough to watch. I love that Bedelia knew enough to leave and to leave the perfume. I think she did know what she was eating at their dinner last year.
Old 03-10-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought the leg dinner preparation was both hysterical and terrifying at the same time. And I agree with everyone else, visually it's definitely the best thing on tv.
Old 03-10-14, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I really wish this show was doing well in the ratings. For some reason the thought of Bryan Fuller doing a fully dark show never crossed my mind while watching Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls or Pushing Daisies.

But man it just makes sense much sense.
Old 03-10-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it not doing well in the ratings department?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.