Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory - "The Locomotive Manipulation" - 2/6/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 06:15 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
The Big Bang Theory - "The Locomotive Manipulation" - 2/6/14

"The Locomotive Manipulation" - Love is in the air when Sheldon and Amy join Howard and Bernadette for a trip to wine country. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny must rush Raj's dog to the vet, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 6 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Old 02-06-14, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Locomotive Manipulation" - 2/6/14

I haven't watched this show since the middle of the second season. I'll watch a random syndicated ep if it happens to be on. I watched a new episode recently for the first time in awhile, the episode where Raj sets up a scavenger hunt for the group. I see that Raj now has the ability to speak to women. I'm just curious, but how did they resolve that situation on the show? Or is the idea that he's always drunk?
Old 02-06-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They resolved it at the end of last season, presumably because the writers realized that it was way past time to discard the joke that they should've years ago.
Old 02-06-14, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
They resolved it at the end of last season, presumably because the writers realized that it was way past time to discard the joke that they should've years ago.
Yeah even when I watched weekly during the first season I knew that the joke would wear off quickly and they'd need to do away with it.

I was wondering, though, how did they write in a "cure" for it?
Old 02-06-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I was wondering, though, how did they write in a "cure" for it?
He got dumped by a girl. Penny goes to console him and as he's pouring out his heart over the break-up, she asks him how drunk he is. He says he hasn't had a drop and then they both realize his break-though.
Old 02-06-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for that. Seems like they wrote in a really easy work around.
Old 02-06-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Sheldon and Amy kiss

Not too bad of an episode, I hope they keep the vet around for Raj.
Old 02-07-14, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tania Raymonde was in that godawful movie Texas Chainsaw, I didn't even recognize her. Oliver Sara over at the AV Club is babbling about how they're hinting towards a Leonard-Penny breakup, I hope not. I'd hate to have to deal with that nonsense again. Basically all but 60 seconds of business as usual. Sheldon was being a selfish asshole as per usual, and apparently kissed Amy to spite her but then turned out to like it. OK, now of course, where do we go from here? I hope they finally give Raj an actual love interest, his pseudo-gay shtick and creepy obsession with his dog are getting tiresome. I know it's a TV sitcom, but I do kind of wonder how this would biologically affect Sheldon. If he has no sexual desires (and apparently there is scientific precedent for that in humans), it'd be weird for him to develop them all of a sudden. Yeah, I know, he's a fictional character who'll do what the writers tell him . Poor Amy. So lonely and horny, I hope she gets some, she deserves it after putting up with all of his horseshit. The Leonard-Penny stuff was kind of lame too, especially the "nerdy guy is lousy in bed" routine. While I don't want them to break up, you kind of wonder what they have in common, the writers should give them some common ground or at least let their relationship develop beyond jokes about how Penny is a lush. I see they've dropped the actress subplot they introduced last week altogether. Ah well.
Old 02-07-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Tania Raymonde was in that godawful movie Texas Chainsaw, I didn't even recognize her.
She was in an even godawful-er movie called Wild Cherry, but there's a scene where she's trying on various bra and underwear combos. She did a very good job of it.
Old 02-07-14, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
She was in an even godawful-er movie called Wild Cherry, but there's a scene where she's trying on various bra and underwear combos. She did a very good job of it.
The masturbation scenes were pretty funny. Especially the bit where her dad was going to eat the carrot she had just... er... utilized.

Most people would probably recognize Tania Raymonde from playing Ben's daughter on Lost.
Old 02-07-14, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After Sheldon neglecting Amy and then his mini-tantrum, I really thought she would break up with him this time. Maybe they'll get more intimate by the end of the season. Or maybe the writers will forget it ever happened. They've done it before.
Old 02-07-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

wow, they actually kissed!
Old 02-07-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as people talk about Sheldon and Amy, seeing Penny and Leonard's relationship is far worse. As much as I'd hate to see the same old retread of Leonard mooning after her again; him growing some balls and dumping her, getting another hot (yet smart and caring) girlfriend, and having Penny moon after him for a season might be watchable.
Old 02-07-14, 11:15 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

it's not so much that they kissed (though it was a nice moment), but that sheldon didn't follow it up with some typical sheldon douchebaggery. i liked that he followed through with asking amy to go check out the engine room with him.

(though that could be negated by the bit at the end with wanting to collect more data to see which moment sheldon liked most.)
Old 02-07-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Most people would probably recognize Tania Raymonde from playing Ben's daughter on Lost.
I'll always remember her most fondly as Malcolm's spazzy sort-of girlfriend Cynthia on "Malcolm in the Middle."

I have to wonder why some of you keep watching this show as much as you seem to dislike it. It's the same complaints week after week.
Old 02-07-14, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
As much as people talk about Sheldon and Amy, seeing Penny and Leonard's relationship is far worse. As much as I'd hate to see the same old retread of Leonard mooning after her again; him growing some balls and dumping her, getting another hot (yet smart and caring) girlfriend, and having Penny moon after him for a season might be watchable.
Not again with that please. They did that storyline already with Raj's sister and it worked but if they do it again I don't see how it could be as effective. They need to just take the next step with them as a couple and have them move in together if you ask me. The problem with that is it takes Leonard away from Sheldon, granted only across the hallway of their apartment building but still.

I haven't watched the episode yet because for some stupid reason my DVR has decided to cancel the recordings for it the past couple of weeks. I need to catch up with the last couple on demand or online or something.
Old 02-07-14, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yet again it just felt like another episode that didn't have an ending. If it wasn't for the 30 seconds during the credits I would have no idea the episode was over.
Old 02-07-14, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Sheldon kissing Amy wasn't as shocking as the fact that he realized he enjoyed it mid-kiss. That's a huge break-through for the character and their relationship storyline, which is kind of sad when you think about it - since it's taken 3 or 4 seasons just to get to that.

The geeky train-guy looks like he could be Lip's (from Shameless) older fat brother.
Old 02-07-14, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't believe they kissed!!!1!!

The quality of the writing and production better not go down from here.
Old 02-07-14, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

The other train nerd is Kirstie Alley's son on her terrible show.
Old 02-08-14, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was really disliking the episode up until the kiss. Sheldon is such a douchebag I can't see why Amy is still there. Yes she is a plain-Jane. But let's face it, its far easier for a plain looking girl to hook up than it is for a plain looking guy. Once he kissed her he redeemed himself for the moment. Really liked the entire part of the vet. They needed to get Raj a real love interest since it's clear they all aren't losers any more.
Old 02-08-14, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FML, somehow I decided to check some comments before watching the episode from my DVR. And I got spoilered big time. My bad of course.

So yeah, they are advancing Sheldon and Amy's relationship. That's good.
Old 02-08-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how much input the actor has into his sexuality? Will Sheldon continue being asexual or will they write him into a heterosexual relationship. Not many openly gay actors put the focus squarely on their character's straight relationships (well NPH does but that is kind of his shtick).
Old 02-08-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I can't believe how many are onboard with Amy & Sheldon now. He was a complete ass the entire episode. Amy's put up with his douchebaggery for 3 years and now some kiss makes all that go away? I was hoping beyond hope she'd drop his ass after the kiss realizing it wasn't worth the wait and certainly not worth the level of shit she puts up with. Of course that would take some balls on the writers part.

Loved Bernadette's brief scene talking about turning Howard into the man he is and him talking about buying a big ass LEGO R2-D2. I almost bought that exact set today.
Old 02-08-14, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I can't believe how many are onboard with Amy & Sheldon now. He was a complete ass the entire episode. Amy's put up with his douchebaggery for 3 years and now some kiss makes all that go away?
I don't think anyone's really "onboard" with Amy and Sheldon. We're just glad to see Sheldon finally take some interest in someone sexually - regardless of who that person is.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.