DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - "Seeds" - 1/14/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/617125-marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d-seeds-1-14-14-a.html)

Josh-da-man 01-17-14 07:19 PM

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - "Seeds" - 1/14/14

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 11981351)
If It was truly set in the Marvel universe there would have been a Wolverine guest appearance by now. Not to mention a crossover with another show you never watch.

If this was set in the Marvel Universe, Wolverine and Spider-Man would be on the team. And the women would be showing major cleavage.

And if Christ Claremont was writing it, the women would spend half of their screen time naked.

Dr. DVD 01-17-14 08:04 PM

I am certain the Clairvoyant will be someone from the movies.

ultimaton 01-17-14 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD (Post 11981518)

I was thinking Mentallo. Former SHIELD agent, worked for both Hydra and AIM. Even had a Deathlok once (so the Mike Peterson rumors/theory would fit). Like Blizzard and Graviton, he's a big enough character that comic readers will recognize him, but not too big where the show has to worry about stepping on the movies's toes.

anomynous 01-18-14 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD (Post 11981518)

Samuel Sterns aka The Leader. It works and would be awesome.

Josh-da-man 01-18-14 10:29 AM

The Leader does make a certain amount of sense; I don't think they're planning on making any more Hulk movies, so that's a one dangling plot thread they could run with.

I could also see Mark Ruffalo putting in a guest appearance as Banner. (Though having the Hulk appear would probably blow the budget.)

dex14 01-18-14 02:26 PM

That'd be cool. I don't think Tim Blake Nelson would turn down the gig.

johnnysd 01-18-14 04:58 PM

Judging by many of the posts here, people are WAY too familiar with the comics for this show to really appeal to them. Not a bad thing, I was big in comics 25 years ago, so everything is pretty much fresh to me in this show. Maybe why I enjoy it more than many

Original Desmond 01-18-14 08:12 PM

This was one of the better episodes

Cellar Door 01-21-14 09:06 PM

Chloe Bennet ("Skye") was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. She said it was her first late night talk show appearance. I thought she was great--very charming and natural. Jimmy made mention of her previous career as a pop star in China, so I had to look it up:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pNUvqIsYo7k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:bdance:

hanshotfirst1138 01-21-14 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11981480)
And if Christ Claremont was writing it, the women would spend half of their screen time naked.

And would narrate everything they do, as I know type this tremendous text with my clicking keyboard on my mid-priced PC in my parents' house in the cold of the winter with white snow upon the ground.

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11981121)
I read today that Paul Lee expects Agents of Shield to be around for years to come.

Sounds like they have way too much invested in this project to not keep it going.

Yeah, well, they may, but that depends on the ratings.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11980347)
At this point, I am merely sticking around because it is supposedly set in the Marvel Universe. ABC almost certainly will move the show to a horrible time slot next season, so I don't expect a long life for it.

Did it even get renewed? If it did, you're right, I don't see it as lasting past that second season unless it knocks everyone's socks off and the ratings skyrocket.

Goldberg74 01-24-14 06:33 AM

Two Marvel characters are coming to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ... one we've seen before and one we've speculated about:

Spoiler:
Confirmed: Deathlok and Lorelei to Join MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
via The Nerdist

The world of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been expanding at an exponential rate since the beginning of the pilot. With introductions for Dr. Franklin Hall, Victoria Hand, Donnie Gill and appearances for both Maria Hill and Nick Fury himself, the series shows no signs of slowing down when it comes to expanding the world of the MCU. Last week, during the semi-annual TCA tour, it was announced Thor’s Jaimie Alexander would be appearing in the 15th episode of the first season as her character, Lady Siff. But it now appears she won’t be alone.

In news released today, it’s been confirmed Thor villain Lorelei will be appearing on the Lady Sif episode, and that the character will be played by Elene Satine. In addition to that, it was also confirmed J. August Richards’ Mike Peterson, last seen being blown up at the hands of the woman in the flower dress, will be returning as Marvel character Deathlok in the episode airing February 4th (Stan Lee has also been confirmed to have a cameo in this episode). The extent and longevity of Richard’s role in the show is currently unknown.

“This is a major Marvel character appearing on TV, on film for the first time,” said Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb at a set-visit TCA event today regarding the appearance of Deathlok. Executive Producer Jeff Bell went on to add “You are in the back half of the movie… We set it up, now we’re going to pull the trigger.”

There’s a lot to process here. Two confirmed comic book characters debuting on television, a major crossover, promise of pay-off to set-up plotlines, it’s all very exciting for both fans of the show and fans of the MCU (and Marvel) in general.

The news of Deathlok also seems to further increase speculation on how Coulson is alive. Could those LMD theories hold more water than we initially thought? Hopefully we’ll know sooner rather than later.
Cool. :up:

fumanstan 01-24-14 10:37 AM

Nice, cool stuff!

PhantomStranger 01-24-14 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 11985738)
Did it even get renewed? If it did, you're right, I don't see it as lasting past that second season unless it knocks everyone's socks off and the ratings skyrocket.

It would be a favor to the Marvel brand, but I expect it to get renewed by ABC. They don't want the stink of failure on their billion-dollar movie franchise brand.