Parenthood -- "All That's Left is the Hugging" -- 12/12/13

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Parenthood -- "All That's Left is the Hugging" -- 12/12/13

Synopsis:

"ALL THAT'S LEFT IS THE HUGGING"

12/12/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : SEASONED RELATIONSHIPS HIT A ROUGH PATCH WHILE NEW RELATIONSHIPS FORM AND FLOURISH AMONGST THE BRAVERMAN'S- Amber (Mae Whitman) addresses Ryan (Matt Lauria) about his issues with her hanging out with the band and struggles on whether or not to lean on Sarah (Lauren Graham) for support. Drew (Miles Heizer) asks his uncle Crosby (Dax Shepard) for advice on girls. Meanwhile, Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) put their best foot forward for their family's sake and Adam (Peter Krause) shows his support for his wife Kristina (Monica Potter). Also starring Joy Bryant, Craig T. Nelson, Max Burkholder, Savannah Rae Paige, Xolo Mariduena, Tyree Brown, Jurnee Smollett, Tyson Ritter, David Denman. TV-14 D

Episode 10 of 22
Old 12-13-13, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Parenthood -- "All That's Left is the Hugging" -- 12/12/13

Oh hogwash! Did they really need to go there with Julia?
Old 12-13-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damnit Julia!
Old 12-13-13, 09:17 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Not surprised the Ryan/Amber situation turned out as it did -- especially after Ryan's fireside chat with Zeke. I thought they handled the election aftermath quite well. Where Kristina goes next is anyone's guess, Parks & Rec Board perhaps? Hope this isn't the last we see of Jurnee Smollett (but it probably is).
Old 12-13-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still cannot believe drew is that much of a douche, that he cannot be cool with his friend getting around. i was offended he told her that frats were her "area". like he owns the key to that coochie and tells her who she can blow.

i love how unabashedly upper class white the bravermans are. tenants without heat? screw this i want to get my swerve on. let them freeze. i guess it is berkley and not fargo, but it still sucks to be without heat. nice to see sarah's priorities in order. i hope she gets thrown out into the street and has to return to stars hollow, hat in hand.

i wish ryan had gone into treatment, and they addressed soldiers struggling and getting some help. draw some attention to support groups at the VA, ways to deal with PTSD, anger issues.

hopefully drew bangs his former baby mama in front of his new chippee. lets she how she likes it when he gets some action elsewhere.
Old 12-14-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a heater in the Bay Area. Our winters may be a joke for the northeast but for people living here, it's cold. And not, it's not south California "cold".

So yeah, my wife hates Sarah.
Old 12-15-13, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on what's wrong with the heat, there are a limited number of things that can be done. I doubt a pilot is out. Sarah will have to wait for someone to get there to fix it and the tenants have to respect that just like they would if they were homeowners and that situation occurred. If, however, there is danger of illness or death (how cold is cold), space heaters might be a solution (though a solution that obviously didn't last long), but they aren't without their own risks (fire, etc.). It sounded to me like the apartments were in the upper 50's, low 60's. Not exactly comfortable, but not dangerous. I don't think the show meant to imply Sarah's response falls into negligence at this point.

still cannot believe drew is that much of a douche, that he cannot be cool with his friend getting around.
Assuming you're serious, you and I have very different ideas of what it means to be a douche. Granted, I didn't grow up in hookup culture, but I still think Drew's response is normal. I can't imagine any guy who really cares about a girl saying, "Oh, I don't care who else you sleep with as long as I get mine."

i wish ryan had gone into treatment, and they addressed soldiers struggling and getting some help. draw some attention to support groups at the VA, ways to deal with PTSD, anger issues.
Good point. This show used to excel at educating while entertaining.