TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator TV series in development

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terminator TV series in development

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/term...ie-connection/

Skydance Prods. and Annapurna Pictures, the companies behind the upcoming Terminator film trilogy, are expanding the franchise to television with a TV series to be done in conjunction with the first rebooted Terminator film slated for release in 2015. The series will be written and exec produced by feature scribes Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor), with the writers of the upcoming Terminator movie Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier serving as executive producers.

The series will follow a critical moment from the original 1984 Terminator movie, taking it in a completely different direction that the film. Plot details about the upcoming Terminator movie are being kept under wraps, but it too is expected to be tied to the first movie. As the rebooted film trilogy and the new television series progress, the two narratives will be designed to intersect with each other. (Thus the head-on involvement in the series of the new film’s writers Kalogridis and Lussier.) For now, Paramount, which is Skydance and Annapurna’s partner on the feature trilogy, is not involved in the TV series, but that could change down the line. Paramount is returning to television, recently relaunching a TV division. Skydance too recently expanded into television, landing its first series, The Manhattan Project, on WGN America. The companies’ plan to intertwine the narratives of movies and TV series is reminiscent of Marvel’s efforts with Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and movies like Thor and The Avengers – but on a bigger scale. Imagine attempted to do something as ambitious with the adaptation of Stephen King’s Dark Tower, which was envisioned as a movie trilogy with TV series bridging the films, but the project didn’t get off the ground. The Terminator TV series will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross of Skydance.

The blockbuster Terminator franchise, which has earned more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office, has spawned a TV series before: Fox’s 2008 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Casting of the Sarah Connor role in the upcoming film is now underway, with Arnold Schwarzenegger booked for a return as the title character. Stentz and Miller also wrote the upcoming films Starship Troopers and The Fall Guy. Their series credits include Fox’s Fringe.

Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller were writers on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as well as Fringe.

I think it would be hilarious if FOX picked this up.
Old 12-06-13, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Terminator TV series in development

Ugh. Just bring back Sarah Connor Chronicles. Outside of about 4 episodes of the second season I thought that show was awesome.
Old 12-06-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I love the Terminator franchise, but Hollywood is officially out of ideas.
Old 12-06-13, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Ugh. Just bring back Sarah Connor Chronicles. Outside of about 4 episodes of the second season I thought that show was awesome.
This
Old 12-06-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

They're now drilling their own holes into the property's lifeless corpse, into which they sweatily envision sloppy coitus.
Old 12-06-13, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Fuck this. The Sarah Connor Chronicles was ramping up to be an awesome show, especially towards the end of the 2nd season and Fox canceled it. I have zero faith they'll do anything better and there is no reason to expect it to work now when apparently it didn't then.
Old 12-06-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Everyone is shitting on this show, but once they get a Pilot produced, then a trailer out into the internet, I bet everyone will be salivating to see this. 1st they need a network to pick this up and to actually greenlight it to series.
Old 12-06-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Everyone is shitting on this show, but once they get a Pilot produced, then a trailer out into the internet, I bet everyone will be salivating to see this. 1st they need a network to pick this up and to actually greenlight it to series.
Oh right. And yet I never even watched one second of the Sarah Connor Chronicles or whatever the forka it was called. So eat it, Harvey!
Old 12-06-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller were writers on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as well as Fringe.

I think it would be hilarious if FOX picked this up.
Yep. They are great. Big fan of them here.
Old 12-06-13, 03:26 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

The kid from 90210 was awesome in T:TSCC
Old 12-06-13, 03:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Not that I won't be watching, but why produce this when The Sarah Connor Chronicles ended up getting canceled?
Old 12-06-13, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Nothing new since Hollywood has run out of original ideas
Old 12-06-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Hmm, I absolutely despised Sarah Connor Chronicles but loved Fringe, so I'm not sure how to feel about this.
Old 12-06-13, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
The kid from 90210 was awesome in T:TSCC
I was shocked when I realized it was him
Old 12-07-13, 12:07 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate Sarah Conner Chronicles AND Fringe, so fuck this show.
Old 12-08-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wish they'd just bring back Sarah Connor Chronicles, but that isn't a realistic possibility. I love the Terminator franchise and will give this and the new trilogy a shot.

Originally Posted by Supermallet
I hate Sarah Conner Chronicles AND Fringe, so fuck this show.
Old 12-08-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D1iIdeRAXto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the highlights from T: TSCC.

One of the rare times you'll ever hear a Terminator sing.
Old 12-08-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D1iIdeRAXto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the highlights from T: TSCC.

One of the rare times you'll ever hear a Terminator sing.
this and The Man Comes Around are among my favorite uses of music on a TV show (and both appear on TSCC). i used to sing donald where's your troosers to my cat before he croaked.

don't really understand doing a terminator show when sarah conner wasn't appreciated. might as well put it on ABC and turn it into utter shite like agents of shield.
Old 12-08-13, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarah Connor Chronicles sucked big time, but being a huge Terminator fan, I'm mildly optimistic they won't **** up another chance at a Terminator show.
Old 12-08-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What pissed me off about SCC was it ended on a cliffhanger. They should have made 1 more episode for them so resolve it. Would have been rushed but at least had an ending.
Old 12-09-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree that TSCC was great. I think the ending was great. I would have loved to see more of course.
Old 12-09-13, 11:05 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I didn't despise Sarah Conner Chronicles but after my wife & I watched a half dozen episodes or so, we got tired of seeing the same old shit each episode so we jumped ship, just like we did with the soap opera garbage called Stargate Universe. A new series could be good if they'd commit to it and write engaging episodes. But they won't so fuck it.
Old 11-05-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Wow, surprised SCC got this much hate and I haven't even dug into the separate threads for the show, if there are any.
Old 11-05-19, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Wow, surprised SCC got this much hate and I haven't even dug into the separate threads for the show, if there are any.
This thread was for a proposed show that never happened. Not sure why you bumped it. Yes there are 31 episode threads for the actual Sarah Connor show.
Old 11-05-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

This thread was for a proposed show that never happened. Not sure why you bumped it. Yes there are 31 episode threads for the actual Sarah Connor show.
It was the first thread that caught my eye. I got distracted by the hate for SCC. I'll go visit those threads now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.