Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (CW) -- Spinoff of Arrow -- Coming this Fall

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (CW) -- Spinoff of Arrow -- Coming this Fall

Old 03-13-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: CW’s ‘The Flash’ To Do Stand-Alone Pilot Instead Of ‘Arrow’ Backdoor Pilot Episod

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Maybe it'll be a "Year One" type thing were his suit evolves if the series goes past S1....

Remember that he's smart and the fact that he designed Arrow's new mask. So he knows something about making functional hero costumes. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.
Yeah I really think that we are going to see his costume evolve through the series just like how Arrow started with face paint and not a mask.
Old 03-13-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts
Re: CW’s ‘The Flash’ To Do Stand-Alone Pilot Instead Of ‘Arrow’ Backdoor Pilot Episod

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
The "costume in ring" Silver Age nonsense is best left back there. It was silly, even then. Charming, but silly.
I would still accept the costume in the ring, but I know most kids today would fly off the handle if anything not totally grounded in reality is part of the character.
Old 03-13-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^That's just it. Why does it have to be grounded in reality? A lot of the shit they have in the latest Batman movies and the Green Arrow Series aren't realistic at all. It's a freakin' comic book so fuck those kids.
Old 03-13-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

People used to be more accepting of fantasy inserted into realistic situations. The tide turned sometime in the 1990s. Hollywood kept churning out terrible superhero movies aimed at 10-year-olds and I think a revolt of some kind occurred against concepts that don't exist in our reality. It's also the aging of the entertainment audience.

Comics and their movies were mostly aimed at children and young teenagers at one time, an adult market for superheroes didn't really exist before a certain era. The CW will be aiming for people in their twenties.
Old 03-13-14, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

This is what the costume reminds me of:

Not very superhero-y.
Old 03-13-14, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Maybe it'll be a "Year One" type thing were his suit evolves if the series goes past S1....

Remember that he's smart and the fact that he designed Arrow's new mask. So he knows something about making functional hero costumes. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.
That's my assumption as well. He's just starting so he wouldn't come up with the finalized look right off the bat.
Old 05-08-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks like The Flash and iZombie got green lit.

Newsarama

The Flash has officially been picked up by The CW with a full season one order. Joining it is fellow DC Comics alum (by way of mature-readers imprint Vertigo), iZOMBIE.

The network has released official descriptions for these two DC Comics TV shows, which will join Arrow, entering its third season, on The CW in the 2014-2015 season.

The Flash: Based upon characters published by DC Comics. Through a freak accident, scientist Barry Allen is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive. Cast: Grant Gustin (Barry Allen); Jesse L. Martin (Det. West); Tom Cavanaugh (Harrison Wells).

iZOMBIE: A med student-turned-zombie takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. Based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, and published by DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint. Cast: Rose McIver (Liv).
Old 05-08-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope the zombie fad is soon over, it's getting tiresome by this stage.
Old 05-08-14, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

what, no were-terrier in iZombie?
Old 05-08-14, 04:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Gotham and Constantine got green lit too, so all the DC possibilities are go, right?

I kind of like the iZombie premise, had never heard about it until now.
Old 05-08-14, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I hope the zombie fad is soon over, it's getting tiresome by this stage.
For what it's worth iZombie is a Rob Thomas show so it might be good.
Old 05-08-14, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

I can see The CW pairing Flash and Arrow on Wednesday nights and possibly doing some crossover episodes with Ollie helping out Barry or vice versa. Very great cross promotional opportunities and it's alot more compatible with Arrow than The Tomorrow People.
Old 05-08-14, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

i hope they pair them up. then i hope fox puts gotham on wednesdays and shield is moved to wednesdays and then all the internet geeks and nerds heads will explode.
Old 05-08-14, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see them splitting Arrow and The Flash. The Arrow audience is very likely to watch The Flash, so why not put it on a different night and potentially boost another show? Also, they're both likely 8PM shows.
Old 05-08-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
I see them splitting Arrow and The Flash. The Arrow audience is very likely to watch The Flash, so why not put it on a different night and potentially boost another show? Also, they're both likely 8PM shows.
Flash is no sure thing, his first show on CBS failed despite a huge budget and strong cast. It's very unlikely that Flash is slotted anywhere but after Arrow, for at least the Fall season.

If Fox knows what they are doing, they will keep Gotham far away from Wednesday.
Old 05-13-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First clip slowed down

I'm pretty fucking pumped for this show.
Old 05-13-14, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Too risky.
Old 05-14-14, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

There could be a split. CW did split off The Originals instead of pairing with Vampire Diaries. Guess we shall see...
Old 05-14-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

When will the CW have its Fall schedule up?
Old 05-14-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Ranger
When will the CW have its Fall schedule up?
Probably tomorrow
Old 05-14-14, 07:32 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rnXsnR-2AvU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-14-14, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great
Old 05-14-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Very cool teaser.

Hopefully The CW announces the schedule tomorrow. I'd like to see some Arrow and Flash crossover episodes if that's even feasible.
Old 05-14-14, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'd like to see some Arrow and Flash crossover episodes if that's even feasible.
The problem with those is that, absent great plot contrivance, there is little purpose for somebody like Green Arrow when a hero with real superpowers exists. The Flash is one of the more overpowered heroes in the DC lineup. He's no Superman, Martian Manhunter, or Dr Fate, but he's way up there in the power scale.
Old 05-14-14, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

i have absolutely no doubt they find a way to do a crossover episode.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.