Originally Posted by musick
anyone know what the title to next week's episode is
meh
Old 11-04-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Indifference" -- 11/03/13

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
So those two people that Rick and Carol ran into that have been going from traveling around since this started end up dying in the almost walker free area of town. That's some bad luck!
I thought that there was more to it than that. Ana's leg looked like it had been chopped off. That made me wonder if Sam pulled a Shane-Otis on Ana.

Rick's character has become so inconsistent in his thinking and actions that it goes beyond credibility. He has become nothing more than a plot device for the writers to do anything unexpected for effect. Episode to episode he has a completely different mindset. He has become a character that I no longer care if he survives the episode.

But other than that, I think this has been a very strong and enjoyable season.
Old 11-04-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the main mistake Rick made was taking justice in his own hands. They have a council now that he chose not to be a part of. He has no right to decide on his own Carol's punishment. He sent a older lady out on her own in a world zombies and monstrous people. He might as well shot her. When you come down to it they are the same.
Old 11-04-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Now who is feeding those walkers?
My guess is the girl that thinks they are still quasi-people. She doesn't appear to be too bright. And I don't see a long happy life in her future.
Old 11-04-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find really interesting how we are divided in two camps here. I'm in MScottM camp, my wife is actually in the other camp, she really likes Shane and Carol , I always tell her that when the zombie apocalypse comes, I will run far away from her.
Old 11-04-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the main mistake Rick made was taking justice in his own hands. They have a council now that he chose not to be a part of. He has no right to decide on his own Carol's punishment. He sent a older lady out on her own in a world zombies and monstrous people. He might as well shot her. When you come down to it they are the same.
I don't see it as Rick taking justice into his own hands. Carol made a dicision to kill people without consulting anyone. Rick told her in no uncertain terms that it isnt a decision that he can live with and he cant wrap his mind around her way of thinking. He knows she did it and he isnt going to want her around to make that kind of decision again. Is he supposed to keep her secret? What if she does something like that again? Is he then responsible for her actions? He told her he didn't want her around. She has a car and knows where the prison is. Is she incapable of driving back to the prison? You make Rick out to be the person that banished her? I see him as a person that has given her the choice of going back and facing what she has done or going on her own and trying to make a life with people that don't know what she is capable of. Hopefully when he gets back to the prison he tells them exactly what happened.

I do know this, Carol's decision was absolutely wrong. It is the equivalent of saying, "gee Daryl, bummer that you broke your leg, I know that you have contributed to the survival of the group ALOT up until this point but instead of loading you into the car and taking you back to the prison to recooperate, we have decided that since you can't contribute RIGHT NOW and since it is possible that a situation may occur where others may have to put themselves at risk to try to help you since your leg is broken, we are just going to shoot you. Thanks for the help in the past."

Makes no sense and is totally counter-productive.

Everyone will at one point or another require help. Carol decided that when those two needed help the most, she would kill them instead. Where does that kind of thinking end?
Old 11-04-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

found the choice to boot Carol bad.
It bothered me at first but, despite Rick's personal reasons, he's saving Carol. That emo bitch Tyrese isn't gonna let it go until he finds out who killed his girlfriend. And then he'll try to go Hulk smash on her.

Then again, if Rick could take him down, I'm sure Carol could too.
Old 11-04-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

You know what bothers me? How come, in the zombie apocalypse, there is so much destroyed drop ceiling? I don't get it. Are people vandalizing drop ceiling? Is that what people do in the apocalypse? The zombies didn't pull it down. There is absolutely no structural integrity to hide up there. Those poor ceiling tiles.

Okay. I'm being nerdy. It doesn't actually bother me. It's an observation. It just doesn't make sense. Regardless of how cool it looks when dressing the set.
Old 11-04-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Another to Jericho on TTD. Awesome guest.

I wonder if Carol is going to try to get to the prison before Rick. Either try to turn them against him before he comes back or kill him before he can tell others what she did.

Or maybe she will band up with others and it becomes Team Rick vs Team Carol at the end of S3?
Old 11-04-13, 12:54 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

I think Rick did the only humane thing he could do with Carol. That doesn't mean there won't be consequences for his actions though. Daryl is going to be pissed.
Old 11-04-13, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
You know what bothers me? How come, in the zombie apocalypse, there is so much destroyed drop ceiling? I don't get it. Are people vandalizing drop ceiling? Is that what people do in the apocalypse? The zombies didn't pull it down. There is absolutely no structural integrity to hide up there. Those poor ceiling tiles.

Okay. I'm being nerdy. It doesn't actually bother me. It's an observation. It just doesn't make sense. Regardless of how cool it looks when dressing the set.
Leaky roofs after months with no upkeep? Busted sprinkler lines?

Actually, the lack of air conditioning in such a humid environment will do a number on acoustical ceiling tiles for sure.
Old 11-04-13, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
I don't see it as Rick taking justice into his own hands. Carol made a dicision to kill people without consulting anyone. Rick told her in no uncertain terms that it isnt a decision that he can live with and he cant wrap his mind around her way of thinking. He knows she did it and he isnt going to want her around to make that kind of decision again. Is he supposed to keep her secret? What if she does something like that again? Is he then responsible for her actions? He told her he didn't want her around. She has a car and knows where the prison is. Is she incapable of driving back to the prison? You make Rick out to be the person that banished her? I see him as a person that has given her the choice of going back and facing what she has done or going on her own and trying to make a life with people that don't know what she is capable of. Hopefully when he gets back to the prison he tells them exactly what happened.
Rick absolutely took justice into his own hands. They have a recognized form of government, and Rick is not a leader in that. He didn't consult with the council. He didn't bring her before the council to accuse her of her "crime" and have the council decide what is best. Rick decided what is best for HIM which makes him no different than Carol.

Rick didn't send Carol off in a separate car to imply that she could drive back to the prison. On the contrary, Carol said that she isn't leaving the prison without that little girl and Rick wasn't going to allow that.

I do know this, Carol's decision was absolutely wrong. It is the equivalent of saying, "gee Daryl, bummer that you broke your leg, I know that you have contributed to the survival of the group ALOT up until this point but instead of loading you into the car and taking you back to the prison to recooperate, we have decided that since you can't contribute RIGHT NOW and since it is possible that a situation may occur where others may have to put themselves at risk to try to help you since your leg is broken, we are just going to shoot you. Thanks for the help in the past."
Carol's decision was about as wrong as Carl's was to kill that kid last season. To believe that in this post-apocalyptic world there is such a thing as "absolutely wrong" or "absolutely right" is to miss what has been going on through the entire series.

When Rick decided to play farmer Ted and step away from the burden of leadership, he also stepped away from his option to exercise his free will. He can't pick and choose when he decides to submit to the authority of the council.
Old 11-04-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see that analogy, more like Daryl has AIDS and won't stop banging everyone or maybe alcoholic black dude keeps getting drunk and wanders outside the gates leaving them unlocked and letting zombies in. Carol killed those two to try to protect the rest of the camp from catching the disease. Not like she killed two people at random because of a water shortage or something. A little extreme decision making and to determine the outcome on her own makes her a little dangerous, but she has a good argument for doing what she did I think.
Old 11-04-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ghosts could be messing with ceiling or maybe BigFoot.
Old 11-04-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Then again, if Rick could take him down, I'm sure Carol could too.
Daryl was holding Ty at that moment when Rick got his first licks in. Rick got tossed around when it was mano y mano
Old 11-04-13, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Anyone think that Lizzie (the accused zombie-feeder) is the one who killed Karen and David, and Carol is just covering up for her?
Old 11-04-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I though this was a better episode than last week. I don't think Rick is acting out of character. In his head it is a Ricktatorship. The group didn't demote him, he forced himself down... he still holds all the power. The group leaders are just filling a void left behind.

Last night he didn't act out of character, he just dropped the "farmer act" and made an executive decision. Carol knew this too. She didn't say "Isn't this choice outside of your responsibilities?" or "I'll go before the council and let them decide"; she knows his word is final.
Old 11-04-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
I don't see that analogy, more like Daryl has AIDS and won't stop banging everyone or maybe alcoholic black dude keeps getting drunk and wanders outside the gates leaving them unlocked and letting zombies in. Carol killed those two to try to protect the rest of the camp from catching the disease. Not like she killed two people at random because of a water shortage or something. A little extreme decision making and to determine the outcome on her own makes her a little dangerous, but she has a good argument for doing what she did I think.
This would be true only if the disease would definitely kill them. If they had no chance of recovery. Are you saying that is the case? Carol decided there was no chance of recovery and that they would infect more. Then why is she still at the prison? If that is what she beleives, she should have left the prison as quickly as she could to escape the POSSIBILITY of being infected. And why try to help the others that are infected if there is no hope for them since they are GOING to die regardless of what you do for them.

And the Daryl scenario is valid, the question is and will always be, how much risk do you invest in anyone in any circumstance. Do you risk helping a guy that is injured? Do you risk the resources that are scare to feed and medicate them in the hopes that in the future they will contribute? Do you risk yourself helping them if you are being over run?

To equate it to a person that is deliberately infecting/injuring the group by reckless behavior is not the same as saying a person caught a disease and MAY cause others to be infected as opposed to a person knowing they have a disease and INTENTIONALLY infecting others.
Old 11-04-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

I was sort of hoping Daryl would have gone full redneck on Bob.
Old 11-04-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ghosts could be messing with ceiling or maybe BigFoot.
Zombie Big Foot
Old 11-04-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
I think Rick did the only humane thing he could do with Carol. That doesn't mean there won't be consequences for his actions though. Daryl is going to be pissed.
Carol was not going to survive if she went back and everyone found out she had killed those people. Tyreese almost surely was going to beat her to death. Rick had to banish her once he found out who did it. He did it to save her life.

Carol coming back would have also created a huge internal conflict that would have likely spilled over into a bigger conflict.
Old 11-04-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Destroyed drop ceilings are the new rolled down car windows.
Old 11-04-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sracer
Rick absolutely took justice into his own hands. They have a recognized form of government, and Rick is not a leader in that. He didn't consult with the council. He didn't bring her before the council to accuse her of her "crime" and have the council decide what is best. Rick decided what is best for HIM which makes him no different than Carol.

Rick didn't send Carol off in a separate car to imply that she could drive back to the prison. On the contrary, Carol said that she isn't leaving the prison without that little girl and Rick wasn't going to allow that.

Carol's decision was about as wrong as Carl's was to kill that kid last season. To believe that in this post-apocalyptic world there is such a thing as "absolutely wrong" or "absolutely right" is to miss what has been going on through the entire series.

When Rick decided to play farmer Ted and step away from the burden of leadership, he also stepped away from his option to exercise his free will. He can't pick and choose when he decides to submit to the authority of the council.
I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. Rick didnt banish her. He stated where he stood on the issue and he gave her an out. He didn't agree with her course of action. He knew that Tyrese would kill her if she returned and he didn't want her in the group any longer because he didn't trust her judgement. As far as I can tell he in no way threatened to kill her if she didn't leave. He told her where he stood. He helped her find transport and recommended that she tie in with another group that didn't know how she was. He didn't tell he not to go back to the prison but there was an understanding that if she did, the others including Tyrese would know about the murders. Is that banishment? Is that taking justice into his own hands? To me that is telling someone that has been through alot together with you that you don't agree with what they did and that when other hear about it, and they would, that they might kill her. There is nothing to stop her from showing up at the prison again. NOTHING.

As for Rick allowing her to take the two little girls with her, she mentioned it and he asked her if she really thought that would be a good idea FOR THE GIRLS. I don't remember him forbidding it but if push came to shove, I think the others in the prison after hearing why she was leaving WOULD have forbidden it ( if Tyrese didn't outright kill her and make the point moot).

Carol's decision was infinitley more wrong than Carl's killing the boy last season.

Carol's decision, kill two members of their group that had contributed (even if only in small ways to the continued well being of the group). A group founded with the understanding that they are there to help and suppport each other in a world where most outside their group is out to kill them (zombies and human included).

Carl's decision, whether to believe in a split second that a member of a group that was in the process of attacking his group, even as that decision had to be made, was going to A) surrender or B) go for his gun and try to kill him and the group's doctor?

I am not saying that Carl made the right decision, but to try to equate them is not even close in my book.

Finally, Rick's decision to step back and become a farmer negates his free will? So he wants to leave the group tomorrow he cant without their say so?

I will agree that he is subject to the will of the council as long as he remains part of the group but what exactly did the council decide concerning Carol's murdering two of the group? Nothing. So far they don't know about it. Which brings us back to my theory that he is giving her a chance that she otherwise wouldn't have if she returns to the prison with him. Others call it banishing her but I think of it as giving her a chance to live elsewhere. She can always choose to come back to the prison but she will have to face the consequences of her choice to murder those people.
Old 11-04-13, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

This would be true only if the disease would definitely kill them. If they had no chance of recovery. Are you saying that is the case? Carol decided there was no chance of recovery and that they would infect more. Then why is she still at the prison? If that is what she beleives, she should have left the prison as quickly as she could to escape the POSSIBILITY of being infected. And why try to help the others that are infected if there is no hope for them since they are GOING to die regardless of what you do for them.

And the Daryl scenario is valid, the question is and will always be, how much risk do you invest in anyone in any circumstance. Do you risk helping a guy that is injured? Do you risk the resources that are scare to feed and medicate them in the hopes that in the future they will contribute? Do you risk yourself helping them if you are being over run?

To equate it to a person that is deliberately infecting/injuring the group by reckless behavior is not the same as saying a person caught a disease and MAY cause others to be infected as opposed to a person knowing they have a disease and INTENTIONALLY infecting others.
didn't they just gone through an episode where an entire cell block was attacked because someone died and came back and attacked everyone. Rick the CSI:Walking Dead managed to find patient zero and pinned the attacks on Patrick.
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walki...son-4/infected

Now, who is more like the Govenor? Shane, Carol or Rick? Pick two. Thats the difference.

Rick is more like the governor than Carol is. Who was the one seeing visions and talking to their dead spouse on the phone? I am sure Rick would have no problem killing everyone to protect Carl or Judith. He is just being hypocritical.
Old 11-04-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I feel Rick still cares about Carol. I see the banishment as a way of protecting her from Tyrese. She would have been doomed back at the prison the moment he found out.

Carol has pretty much become this season's Andrea out on her own. Will she be the one that runs into the gov this season?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.