TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Tomorrow People -- "Kill or Be Killed" -- 10/30/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Tomorrow People -- "Kill or Be Killed" -- 10/30/13

Synopsis:

UNFINISHED BUSINESS - When Ultra's most wanted, Killian McCrane (guest star Jason Dohring, "Veronica Mars"), resurfaces after years of being in hiding, Stephen (Robbie Amell) enlists John's (Luke Mitchell) help in tracking him down. John reluctantly agrees to help, but changes his mind when he learns that Killian isn't after Jedikiah (Mark Pellegrino) as everyone suspects. Stephen, wants to help, but Cara (Peyton List) explains that John's history with Killian, which brings back a flood of memories from John's past, making him do something he never thought he would do again. Meanwhile, Stephen's mom (guest star Sarah Clarke) is suspicious of his whereabouts, putting him in an awkward position. Aaron Yoo and Madeleine Mantock also star. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Nicholas Wootton and Alex Katsnelson (#104).

I'm pretty sure this will get a full 22 episode order. It's done pretty well retaining most of Arrow's audience.
Old 11-02-13, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The Tomorrow People -- "Kill or Be Killed" -- 10/30/13

Another solid episode. They are certainly doing their due to flesh out the characters and develop back stories.

I was expecting more fallout from the friend revelation last week.

I'm sure the New revelation this week will be an interesting development.
Old 11-03-13, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with the last 2 episodes.

What a terrific show. I'm really digging it and the character development with Stephen, John and Cara.

I agree with Superman, I was expecting more of a fallout after Astrid found out about Stephen's abilities.

I know CW shows aren't that popular here besides Arrow and maybe The Vampire Diaries, but is anyone else impressed by this? I think this is a really well made show and I've been quite impressed with the special effects. This show doesn't feel cheap at all. If this is still sitting unwatched, you really should get going on it.

Too bad he only lasted 1 episode, but I liked Jason Dohring here as an adversary to John. I see the whole kill factor with the Tomorrow People doesn't really apply to John.

I really liked the back story on Cara from last week and the flashes of John's backstory and his past with Jedekiah. I think it's added to the show.

This has been decently after Arrow. I hope The CW gives it a full season. Judging by the amount of work and special effects, this is the kind of show that needs a lot of post production and they can't wait too long to get picked up.
Old 11-03-13, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Funny, I was just thinking about the special effects yesterday. Smallville seems like an apt benchmark. That show was fairly impressive for TV over 10 years ago. However, I really feel like this takes what you can do on tv to a new level. I'd actually consider getting the S1 set if there is a good special feature on how they accomplish what they do. Can imagine the starting and stopping needed for fight scenes!
Old 11-03-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I've had no problem with the VFX, they've been fairly good for a secondary CW series. The show's stunt choreography and blocking are infinitely better than the supposedly big-budget Agents of Shield.

The story has some potential but I find a lot of it very generic and derivative. I also don't think casting Robbie Amell was a good idea. He would not have sniffed this role as lead character unless his brother happened to be the network's newest rising star.
Old 11-03-13, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've had no problem with the VFX, they've been fairly good for a secondary CW series. The show's stunt choreography and blocking are infinitely better than the supposedly big-budget Agents of Shield.

The story has some potential but I find a lot of it very generic and derivative. I also don't think casting Robbie Amell was a good idea. He would not have sniffed this role as lead character unless his brother happened to be the network's newest rising star.
Robbie is actually Stephen's cousin. But yes, the Amell named definitely helped him getting cast.

I can see that he's not the strongest lead for a new show like this, but I think he has potential.

I think the best casting was for Cara. It's about time that Peyton List got a lead role. Very underrated young actress and gorgeous as well.