TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-13, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Originally Posted by Jason
From what I can tell from Walking Dead threads, some people want an hour of Michonne/Tyreese zombie slashing and NOTHING else.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 10-28-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

OK episode. Wanted to see more of Tyrese going ape-shit on the walkers - just to see how he got out of it.

I'll let the "looking away from the road while driving and and causing you to swerve into a situation you don't want to be in" cliche go. But to have all 4 people in the car looking at the radio instead of the road? Do people down south realize that you don't need to look at the radio in order to hear it? Just another example of characters doing dumb things to create the drama the show needs.
Old 10-28-13, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but if I heard "that" I'd sure as fuck stare at the radio and pretend I got psychic powers that removes static.
Old 10-28-13, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked last episode and I also thought this one was really good. I loved the huge horde of zombies at the college, although everyone staring at the radio got an eye-roll. Seemed almost intentionally campy as they made a point to show every. single. passenger. staring at the dial.

Not sure how I feel about Carol though. Cold blooded murder does seem a bit extreme for her character. I guess they've done enough to establish her as someone willing to break the rules and lie, but it is quite a shift from giving kids knives for defending themselves to killing two people who were already quarantined. I like the Lizzie theory.

I wonder if they actually heard something on the radio?
Old 10-28-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This kind of feels similar to Shane goes to get the respirator storyline from Season 2.
Old 10-28-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
I wonder if they actually heard something on the radio?
I'm thinking the stadium was a refuge area and they probably were broadcasting a recording saying it was safe (or not safe).
Old 10-28-13, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really, people have that much of a problem with the radio scene? How long has it been since they have heard anything come across the radio that wasn't a canned message? The way people nitpick this show is unbelievable...
Old 10-28-13, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by KingSmoth
Really, people have that much of a problem with the radio scene? How long has it been since they have heard anything come across the radio that wasn't a canned message? The way people nitpick this show is unbelievable...
Agreed! I mean, it's been a long time since radio played. It is foreign to them and I sure as hell would look and be amazed at it.

Question...what about between Carol and Daryl anyways? Thought there was something last season and now dropped?
Old 10-29-13, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Agreed! I mean, it's been a long time since radio played. It is foreign to them and I sure as hell would look and be amazed at it.

Question...what about between Carol and Daryl anyways? Thought there was something last season and now dropped?
I thought they were starting something between them. too. Looks like they now have Carol going in another direction and Daryl and Michonne are sharing some looks...
Old 10-29-13, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I thought this was a good episode, the best one in an uneven season so far. I still don't understand how Daryl and them missed the thousands of zombies walking down the street, until they were right up on the car. That was a poorly staged shot, meant to look cool more than anything.
Old 10-29-13, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Really? I thought it was the worst episode. The directing was awful. So many people doing stupid things that really didn't fit in with the storyline: Rick beating the snot out of Tyrese, Carol running outside the fence by herself without telling anyone, Carol NOT running while Rick is screaming at her to run, Daryl hitting one zombie and then not stopping for at least 50 yards and then somehow gets surrounded by zombies, Herschel not simply putting the tea inside the doorway and having someone come get it. The story lines are feeling contrived.

Finally, they have a veterinarian and a medic and they can't figure out where the virus is from? It can only be waterborne, airborne, contaminated surfaces, or insect transmission. It's not that hard to figure out when you trace back who got it.
Old 10-29-13, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I thought this was a good episode, the best one in an uneven season so far. I still don't understand how Daryl and them missed the thousands of zombies walking down the street, until they were right up on the car. That was a poorly staged shot, meant to look cool more than anything.
There were a few things this episode that seemed some what poorly written, but this scene was by far the worse. It seemed odd that as many times as they have made runs that this is the first time they have showed them turning on the radio. If they wanted some music they should have just brought Beth along.

And what's up with Daryl's driving? I understand he is trying to miss all the zombies in the road, but the constant gunning of the motor really seemed strange. Maybe he needs to stick to riding his motorcycle.

Loved the part where Herschel is offering to go help find the meds. Daryl says to him that eventually they'll have to run, they always do. Herschel quickly replys "I'll draw you a map".

I saw the Carol revelation coming from the moment her and Tyrese had their conversation. Kinda suspected it when Rick was doing his investigation. Between that, teaching the kids about knives and her going outside to fix the pump by herself, it seems she is trying to do her own thing this season. Maybe it's her need to step up for the group since Rick has taken a step back.

Originally Posted by hahn
Herschel not simply putting the tea inside the doorway and having someone come get it.
That was more than just giving everyone tea. It was also about comforting the ones that were sick, especially Glen.
Old 10-29-13, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

When Daryl and co. encountered the zombie herd they were going through a wooded area without a lot of visibility. After they hit the first zombie, the car probably traveled a few hundred more yards until the woods cleared and they could see.
Old 10-29-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Oh come on... the problem isn't the interest of what's on the radio, it's the fact that all 4 people in the car are watching the radio instead of the road. They keep mentioning how dangerous this trip is, but not dangerous enough for anyone to watch the road? Sorry, but in their situation the characters have to use more caution than that. It's simply lazy writing to get a desired outcome... and you know it's bad when you're expecting it to happen before it happens.
Old 10-29-13, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by hahn
Really? I thought it was the worst episode. The directing was awful. So many people doing stupid things that really didn't fit in with the storyline: Rick beating the snot out of Tyrese, Carol running outside the fence by herself without telling anyone, Carol NOT running while Rick is screaming at her to run, Daryl hitting one zombie and then not stopping for at least 50 yards and then somehow gets surrounded by zombies, Herschel not simply putting the tea inside the doorway and having someone come get it. The story lines are feeling contrived.

Finally, they have a veterinarian and a medic and they can't figure out where the virus is from? It can only be waterborne, airborne, contaminated surfaces, or insect transmission. It's not that hard to figure out when you trace back who got it.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-29-13, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I'm with Coral. Who the fuck takes their eyes off the road that long staring at a radio? It's audio, no need to look at it.
Old 10-29-13, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

At least their car windows were up!

I thought the episode was mediocre like the rest of the season so far. The Rick/Tyrese fight didn't seem to have the right motivations to me and came out of nowhere, the Carol reveal seemed out of place, and the massive herd of zombies that were unnoticed annoyed me. And I hated Carl acting like the boss and telling Herschel what to do as well.

Glen being infected was interesting though, and I like Beth this season being strong and emotionless saying "we all have jobs"
Old 10-29-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ason-5/212246/

Renewed for a 5th season
Old 10-29-13, 12:51 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

shocked!
Old 10-29-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Blood makes a decent lubricant.
A woman's natural lubricant is blood plasma that has leaked through her engorged tissues.
Old 10-29-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Herschel is at the top of my death wishlist this season.

Hope the zombie that he stopped Carl from shooting ends up ripping the old fools throat out later in the season.
Old 10-29-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

The way people nitpick this show is unbelievable...

It makes for some funny as hell reading. But yea I don't get why there are some still watching and expecting something different.
Old 10-29-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Coral
Oh come on... the problem isn't the interest of what's on the radio, it's the fact that all 4 people in the car are watching the radio instead of the road. They keep mentioning how dangerous this trip is, but not dangerous enough for anyone to watch the road? Sorry, but in their situation the characters have to use more caution than that. It's simply lazy writing to get a desired outcome... and you know it's bad when you're expecting it to happen before it happens.
Sorry, I can't agree. If a friend says to you while you are out in public "Stop. Don't turn around", most people turn around. If that scene happens in a movie you can go on-and-on how stupid and unbelievable it was for them to turn around, but that's what people do. We do stupid shit.

Seriously, people are idiots. We all do idiotic stuff. Trained soldiers on duty in a war zone will still text while driving because they are people, and people do stupid shit. People put on make-up while going 75 on a freeway.
Old 10-29-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

This has definitely become the new flagship show for AMC. Can't see it ending anytime soon. Wouldn't surprise me if this made it to 10 seasons.
Old 10-29-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
A woman's natural lubricant is blood plasma that has leaked through her engorged tissues.
You just ruined sex for a few people.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.