DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D -- "Girl in the Flower Dress" -- 10/22/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/614628-marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d-girl-flower-dress-10-22-13-a.html)

DJariya 10-22-13 02:54 PM

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D -- "Girl in the Flower Dress" -- 10/22/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/4530/xkqc.jpg

Synopsis:

"Girl In The Flower Dress"- An elusive girl in a flower dress may hold the key to the mystery that brings Coulson and team to Asia to rescue a young man with an unusual and dangerous power. Meanwhile, Skye has a secret that jeopardizes her relationship with the team right when they need her most, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring are Louis Changchien as Renshu Tseng; Ruth Negga as Raina; Austin Nichols as Miles Lydon, Shannon Lucio as Debbie, Tzi Ma as Agent Quan Chen, Cullen Douglas as Po.

"Girl In The Flower Dress" was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Jesse Bochco.

Episode 5 of 22

VHS? 10-22-13 11:55 PM

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D -- "Girl in the Flower Dress" -- 10/22/13

Fun episode. Liked the addition of a 'superhero' story. I'm OK with them doing this from time to time.
Wouldn't mind seeing more half naked Skye either :hump:

Axeramm 10-22-13 11:57 PM

Still want a little more Simmons even if i have to put up with Fitz.

Baron Of Hell 10-23-13 12:07 AM

The only problem with this is the fire guy clothes didn't burn up. I wanted to see a naked man on fire.

Setzer 10-23-13 01:52 AM

My favorite episode so far. It's starting to get better.

JimRochester 10-23-13 05:58 AM

I DVR'd up to this point. Last night my cable box wouldn't let me change channels or lose recordings so I watched this. Obviously 4 episodes in and I was a little confused as to who was who. Not bad but not great. I'll have to catch up to give it a real chance.

TomOpus 10-23-13 07:46 AM

Good episode with a nice mix of stuff.

B5Erik 10-23-13 09:25 AM

As I suspected, the show is starting to find it's footing. The writers & producers needed a little time to get the tone right and to find the characters, from there plotting gets a little easier.

Last night's episode may have been the best yet. That's not saying a whole lot, but after the pilot the rest of the episodes have been pretty good.

The show has a ton of potential.

dex14 10-23-13 09:41 AM

Ah... so here come the flood of positive posts.

Kal-El 10-23-13 10:14 AM

Skye in bra and panties. -other- That's really all there is to know in this episode.
Oh, and some stuff happens with a pyrokinetic.

RocShemp 10-23-13 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kal-El (Post 11881280)
Skye in bra and panties. -other- That's really all there is to know in this episode.
Oh, and some stuff happens with a pyrokinetic.

Hmm. I guess there's no reason to watch this show then. I can find the pertinent footage online. :up:

CASE IN POINT:

Eric F 10-23-13 10:40 AM

Actually the show was pretty good. I was surprised that at 8pm on ABC they'd show someone immolated like that. Those were a few gruesome deaths right there.

fumanstan 10-23-13 10:52 AM

Not a bad episode. It was nice linking back with Centipede and Extremis, the effects of burning up the scientist were pretty cool to see on network TV, and I liked that we got to what Skye is looking for. Plus bra and panties.

Iron_Giant 10-23-13 11:04 AM

Once again, I loved the show.

Much more drama than the previous shows.

Has Skye been the center of most of the shows? The actress has been showing some good emotional range.

The special effect budget for this show had to be the largest so far, even the "Flying Bus" looked tons better and then fire scene looked really good...I was surprised.

stvn1974 10-23-13 12:06 PM

I hope the series last for 7 years and in the last scene of the series finale we find out that the entire thing was in Coulson's mind during the seconds between Loki stabbing him and him actually dying.

anomynous 10-23-13 01:09 PM

nah, Coulson was really a lumberjack the whole time

VHS? 10-23-13 01:46 PM

The problem I have with them saying he was stabbed in the heart, is almost immediately after Loki would have pulled out the spear, Coulson would have dieded. Not talk and then pull the trigger of a super cool weapon.

Mondo Kane 10-23-13 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11881295)

That last one... -popcorn-

Dragon Tattoo 10-23-13 07:43 PM

Terrible.

Hokeyboy 10-23-13 08:14 PM

I really, really liked last week's episode. This one, not so much.

It was better than the first 3, but still kind of mediocre all about. These characters are just so one-dimensional and dismally uninteresting. The story was serviceable at best. I'm a little disappointed by the quality. Was hoping for more of an upswing.

The elevator death scene... that was pretty cool though. But they really need to overhaul this cast.

mikehunt 10-23-13 09:12 PM

liked it, would have liked it more if they managed to turn scorch into a good guy

Dr. DVD 10-23-13 09:19 PM

Looks like they're finally developing a big bad. ;)

fumanstan 10-23-13 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt (Post 11882102)
liked it, would have liked it more if they managed to turn scorch into a good guy

Me too. Or not kill him off so that he appears again later.

hanshotfirst1138 10-23-13 09:29 PM

I wonder how many women wake up after sex still wearing their underwear?

Originally Posted by VHS? (Post 11881575)
The problem I have with them saying he was stabbed in the heart, is almost immediately after Loki would have pulled out the spear, Coulson would have dieded. Not talk and then pull the trigger of a super cool weapon.

Maybe he's really an android and will turn out to be the Vision. Or he's a clone or something. They need something to dangle to keep people hanging on until the end of the season.

Obi-Wanma 10-23-13 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113 (Post 11882125)
I wonder how many women wake up after sex still wearing their underwear?

Lots of movies and TV shows are guilty of this, but I don't see it here. She was pulling up her bra strap when they first went to the scene. They had obviously already finished, and she was getting dressed.