TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time -- "Nasty Habits" -- 10/20/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "Nasty Habits" -- 10/20/13

Synopsis:

MR. GOLD MAKES A DECISION TO CONFRONT PAN, DAVID STRUGGLES FOR HIS LIFE AS THE POISON BEGINS TO TAKE ITS TOLL ON HIM, AND IN THE FAIRY TALE LAND THAT WAS, RUMPLESTILTSKIN GOES IN SEARCH OF BAE -- WHO HAS FOLLOWED A MYSTERIOUS FIGURE WHO STEALS AWAY CHILDREN WITH HIS MUSIC -- ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

"Nasty Habits" - Mr. Gold makes a decision to confront Pan, but will he go there to save Henry or give in to the prophecy that the boy will be his undoing? Neal finds himself back in Neverland and in the custody of one of Pan's most loyal Lost Boys. And David struggles for his life as the poison continues to take its toll on him. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin goes in search of a missing Bae, who has followed a mysterious figure who steals away children with his music, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Dylan Schmid as teenage Baelfire, Robbie Kay as Pan, Rose McIver as Tinker Bell, Parker Croft as Felix, Giacomo Baessato as sleeping man, Jack Di Blasio as lost boy sentry no. 1 and Doug Abrahams as sheriff.

"Nasty Habits" was written by David H. Goodman & Robert Hull and directed by David Boyd.

Episode 4 of 22
Old 10-21-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "Nasty Habits" -- 10/20/13

Love how dark and fast paced this season is. Love how we get more Robert Carlyle in this episode as well. Next week should be interesting with Emma and Hook hooking up.
Old 10-21-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Probably the best episode from this series in a long time. I still am not sure I completely buy how evil this kid playing Peter Pan presents himself, but any episode starring Rumplestiltskin is a good one.
Old 10-24-13, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Love how dark and fast paced this season is. Love how we get more Robert Carlyle in this episode as well. Next week should be interesting with Emma and Hook hooking up.
I'm a bit surprised at the fast paced comment. For me this season has been going so slow -- I feel as if the entire season thus far could have been condensed in to one episode. Maybe one and a half.
Old 10-24-13, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nightwing82
I'm a bit surprised at the fast paced comment. For me this season has been going so slow -- I feel as if the entire season thus far could have been condensed in to one episode. Maybe one and a half.
Same here. The island is starting to wear on me ...
Old 10-24-13, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Same here. The island is starting to wear on me ...
I want them back in Storybrooke. This show is full of fake-looking visual effects. I don't need a fake-looking jungle too.
Old 10-24-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm tired of Pan. The actor chosen is just far too weak to pose a believable threat. He came across even worse in his scenes opposite Robert Carlyle.

That said, at least he's better than Taser Girl. But I really miss Barbara Hershey. I wish they'd resurrect Cora so we'd get a real villain back on the show.

By the way, is Emilie de Ravin pregnant? Cos she seemed to be sporting a baby belly during her few scenes.
Old 10-25-13, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I think Pan is a breath of fresh life into the show, especially after taser girl and her side kick. And I don't think he is the MAIN threat anyways, as are the shadow creatures. I think the guy playing Pan is going to just be the puppet for the big bang. Not to mention, anyone across from Robert is going to look weak...he IS the ultimate bad guy, after all. I guess I'm the only one that found Cora annoying. She was a real villain, but I couldn't stand her character. And I do like the jungle as well. Not much can be done at Storybrooke anymore.
Old 10-25-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I would trade Pan for Cora in an instant. The problem with this show is that it had to turn its best villain, Mr. Gold, into a quasi-good guy because Carlyle is such a good actor.