Sons of Anarchy -- "Salvage" -- 10/15/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Salvage" -- 10/15/13

Synopsis:

Season Six - Episode Descriptions

Episode 6 / Production #606 - "Salvage" (Airs October 15, 10:00 pm e/p) - Jax and the MC must confront their past and choose their future. Written by Mike Daniels & Kurt Sutter; directed by Adam Arkin.

Episode 6 of 13
Old 10-15-13, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Salvage" -- 10/15/13

Originally Posted by DJariya
Episode 6 / Production #606 - "Salvage" (Airs October 15, 10:00 pm e/p) - Jax and the MC must confront their past and choose their future. Written by Mike Daniels & Kurt Sutter; directed by Adam Arkin.
Isn't this every episode?

I got caught up with the last 3 episodes over the weekend. This season really is all over the place. I wasn't expecting the retired U.S. Marshall to bite the dust so soon. The Irish hack the big guy and the prospect to bits, so their retaliation is killing all the Nazis at that compound? Then the Irish want to blow up the entire MC just because Jax suggested Pope's crew run the guns? How would that be an answer to their situation when they need Clay to run them. Do they think killing off his family and the entire club is going to get him to comply?

It's just so completely absurd. Let's see what bizarre avenue the show turns this week.
Old 10-15-13, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just looked at my DVR. Are you kidding me? Another fucking 90 minute episode?

No wonder I've been having DVR conflicts on Tuesday.
Old 10-15-13, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Venus
Old 10-16-13, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael T Hudson
Venus
Haha, great surprise.
Old 10-16-13, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in to see the Clay/Jax resolution next season, but the show has become a complete trainwreck. There is just so much fluff and extraneous filler to fill up an extra ~15minutes of run time as well as to run this show out until I assume next season's confrontations.

Venus the first time? Funny. Venus the second time, seemingly serving no purpose and just telling some background story of his(/her) connection to Nero? ... Sutter trying too hard to fill up another 4 minutes of show.

Jax giving a 6minute speech ending in the biker version of the slow clap?
The only thing missing from that scene was Clay being at the table and Jax going full on van der Beek
"Gun running may have been the opportunity of your lifetime, but I don't want your life!"

I did like the apology scene at the end and I guess it was good to fold Bobby back into the club along with a few extra bodies. Kind of curious as to where they are heading with the divorce thing - but did I miss how the plan of Wendy getting the kids if Tara goes to jail works out? (The only way that works is if Jax is dead or in jail too, no?)
Old 10-16-13, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by wirefan
Kind of curious as to where they are heading with the divorce thing - but did I miss how the plan of Wendy getting the kids if Tara goes to jail works out? (The only way that works is if Jax is dead or in jail too, no?)
She is planning to divorce him and seek full custody. Don't know if going to jail would allow her to choose the guardian if she had full custody, but the show seems to make you want to think that, since the lawyer is in on the planning as well.
Old 10-16-13, 07:42 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

This is getting ridiculous with the 90 minute episodes. The Venus scene was pointless, could've been cut. The whole dirty cop thing was pointless, could've been cut. If it comes back to bite them in the ass later it is even more dumb. Why waste time with additional outside factors. The threat this season is the DA, stick with that.
Old 10-16-13, 07:52 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got all but the premiere saved on the DVR and haven't watched more because the 90 minutes just seems like a chore. I think I'm done for that reason. This isn't a show that needs long episodes.
Old 10-16-13, 07:55 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Enjoyed it. But as others have said, these 90 minute episodes have become tedious.
Old 10-16-13, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I'll just follow the threads for the updates, I am 4 eps behind and 90 mins each, just cant do it...
Old 10-16-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what's wrong with you all, this show has EVERYTHING. Shootings, explosions, hookers, asskickings, and Venus mothereffing Van Dam. Keep it over the top, I'm loving this season.
Old 10-16-13, 11:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...bloated and boring. And I'm usually an apologist for this show.

The Tara divorce subplot does nothing for me...
Old 10-16-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So they went the complete opposite way with Bobby. That was an interesting turn of events.

I know the Venus cameo was purposeless, but it's fucking awesome that Walton Goggins does them.

That scene with the DA taking off her wig was bizarre.

Last edited by Deftones; 10-16-13 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-16-13, 03:18 PM
Banned

Why is every episode of this goddamn show 90 minutes long? I mean, I know why FX lets Sutter do whatever he wants, but Jesus Christ, I do not need to watch a movie-length Sons of Anarchy episode every week.
Old 10-16-13, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait for the plot twist that the DA is really Claudette Wyms
Old 10-16-13, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm in to see the Clay/Jax resolution next season, but the show has become a complete trainwreck. There is just so much fluff and extraneous filler to fill up an extra ~15minutes of run time as well as to run this show out until I assume next season's confrontations.
If there is any show that could use a good editor, it's this one. Worse, I have a feeling that by showing these oversize episodes, Sutter is getting the false impression that every bit of his shit is golden. That's so far from the truth it ain't funny.

Venus the first time? Funny. Venus the second time, seemingly serving no purpose and just telling some background story of his(/her) connection to Nero? ... Sutter trying too hard to fill up another 4 minutes of show.
I mostly felt that it just dragged on way too long. I actually give props to Sutter for not just using Venus as a recurring joke like Chucky. TG people get way too much shit to reduce the character to just that, but that doesn't necessarily mean I need that damned much backstory. Why not leave it as she's one of Nero's girls and he's an open minded guy? The point should be serving him as a character, not fleshing out who is Venus.

Jax giving a 6minute speech ending in the biker version of the slow clap?
I thought that was awesome in the way this show is bad when I like the show.

I did like the apology scene at the end and I guess it was good to fold Bobby back into the club along with a few extra bodies. Kind of curious as to where they are heading with the divorce thing - but did I miss how the plan of Wendy getting the kids if Tara goes to jail works out? (The only way that works is if Jax is dead or in jail too, no?)
Don't even get me started on the way they seem to be just murdering family law (even the strained version California practices). I am guessing this has to be something Jax will in the end consent to if Tara asks him, but her machinations have been about dealing with Gemma. This makes sense in the show universe because this is in reality a show about Gemma because she's played by the creator's wife. The idea it's about the MC is ridiculous.
Old 10-16-13, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by anomynous
Can't wait for the plot twist that the DA is really Claudette Wyms
I can't wait for Clay to actually be revealed to be Vic Mackey on a deep cover undercover assignment with ICE looking to bust Juice.
Old 10-16-13, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Why is every episode of this goddamn show 90 minutes long? I mean, I know why FX lets Sutter do whatever he wants, but Jesus Christ, I do not need to watch a movie-length Sons of Anarchy episode every week.
Bonus points.

I fully expect them to supersize each episode to a full 2 hours next season and call them each "A Sons of Anarchy Movie Event".
Old 10-16-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I don't know what's wrong with you all, this show has EVERYTHING. Shootings, explosions, hookers, asskickings, and Venus mothereffing Van Dam. Keep it over the top, I'm loving this season.
Exactly. Loved the motorcycle chase and Juice going apeshit on the dirty pig.

I do agree that the 90 minutes eps are overkill however.
Old 10-16-13, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting for Michael Chiklis to show up
Old 10-16-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chiklis will show up when the bodies of the burned illegals from the first season are discovered and it is determined that they did work for the MC. They'll go down not for drugs, guns, or murder but instead for immigration law violations. The crack authority to bring them down? One Vic Mackey, ICE.
Old 10-17-13, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing missing from that scene was Clay being at the table and Jax going full on van der Beek

"Gun running may have been the opportunity of your lifetime, but I don't want your life!"
Sad Dawson agrees and asks you to walk this way

Spoiler:
Old 10-18-13, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Chiklis will show up when the bodies of the burned illegals from the first season are discovered and it is determined that they did work for the MC. They'll go down not for drugs, guns, or murder but instead for immigration law violations. The crack authority to bring them down? One Vic Mackey, ICE.
So is that the reason for Venus? A plant by Mackey to uncover the truth. He already tried once with Lemansky but he got blown up in a gun battle.
Old 10-18-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I liked it. This season has been solid for me thus far. My only real complaint is that there is no reason Katey Sagal's character should still be on the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.