Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 203 Likes on 164 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/marv...as-showrunner/

Scott Buck, the former head writer and showrunner for Dexter, was hired as showrunner for Iron Fist.
Considering some of the episodes of Dexter that he wrote, that's not necessarily a good thing.
Old 12-07-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,976 Likes on 2,829 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Is that good thing? I stopped after the first season just cuz it didn't do much for me.
He oversaw seasons 6-8. Most fans of Dexter think he ran the show into the ground.
Old 12-07-15, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,088 Likes on 863 Posts

Jessica Jones = Melissa Rosenberg, who was the showrunner/writer of Dexter S1 - S4
Iron Fist = Scott Buck, showrunner/writer of Dexter S6 - S8

Should be interesting to compare the two. I think Rosenberg's time on Dexter helped with some of the more gruesome aspects of JJ (though we'll just ignore that she adapted all 5 Twilight movies)

Last edited by RichC2; 12-07-15 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 212 Likes on 175 Posts

He oversaw seasons 6-8. Most fans of Dexter think he ran the show into the ground.
I was going to say that I have only seen the first two seasons, and I remember several people telling me not to bother with it after season five.
Old 12-07-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RichC2
Jessica Jones = Melissa Rosenberg, who was the showrunner/writer of Dexter S1 - S4

Should be interesting to compare the two. I think Rosenberg's time on Dexter helped with some of the more gruesome aspects of JJ (though we'll just ignore that she adapted all 5 Twilight movies)
http://dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Melissa_Rosenberg

Rosenberg was head writer and EP of Dexter, but never showrunner during her 4 years on the show.

As for Iron Fist and Scott Buck, I guess it's mainly wait and see and especially for who they cast as the lead character. I'm guessing they won't start casting until more actors become available in the Spring for Pilot season.
Old 12-07-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 203 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
I was going to say that I have only seen the first two seasons, and I remember several people telling me not to bother with it after season five.
I liked Ray Stevenson in season 7, but otherwise that is correct.
Old 12-07-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts

I was looking over seasons 6-8 of Dexter and I think you could assemble a pretty decent 12 episode season out of those 30-some episodes.

Unfortunately, there would be no final episode.
Old 12-07-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,065 Likes on 2,084 Posts

Scott Buck, the former head writer and showrunner for Dexter, was hired as showrunner for Iron Fist.
Iron Fist is going to be a lumberjack.
Old 12-07-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,088 Likes on 863 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wbfxGN3AxGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-07-15, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,427 Likes on 972 Posts

showrunner for the last 4 years of the show. the worst 4 of it's run. this does not make me confident in this show.
Old 12-07-15, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 927 Likes on 782 Posts

I know many Dexter fans were furious with its last season with this man as showrunner.
Old 01-28-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) - Season 1 Discussion Thread - 11/20/15

FYI
Early reports say that Luke Cage will premiere in November.
Old 01-28-16, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iron First Writer:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_f...writer-a130508

They say it is Scott Reynolds and it makes sense.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2385065/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2

Scott Reynolds is known for his work on Dexter (2006), Jessica Jones (2015) and The Following (2013).
Old 01-29-16, 07:12 AM

Received 4,966 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Apparently Iron Fist has already been cast according to Mike Colter:

Are you excited about getting to do scenes between Luke Cage and Iron Fist?

COLTER: The actor has been cast, but he’s in a basement somewhere. When the time is right, they’ll let him up and tell him where he is. I am [excited]. I’ll get a nice little break, after doing Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Whether I’m in [his show], I don’t know, but there’s The Defenders.
http://collider.com/jessica-jones-se...nes-luke-cage/
Old 02-25-16, 01:20 PM

The most interesting – and easily the most challenging to adapt – out of the first set of superheroes Marvel TV was looking to adapt into live-action for their set of Netflix shows is none other than Iron Fist. The character’s (real name: Danny Rand) supernatural origins and less grounded power set helped add credence to odd rumors that Marvel was at one time considering having Iron Fist get a TV movie instead of a full season order like his Defenders counterparts (Daredvil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage).

Instead, The Punisher was rumored to replace Iron Fist since he’s being introduced in Daredevil season 2. He’s rumored to get his own show later after Jon Bernthal won over Marvel with his take on Frank Castle, and is already receiving positive acclaim from early reviews. Marvel however, put an end to any doubts of Iron Fist’s status by hiring Scott Buck (Dexter) as a showrunner and releasing an official synopsis in December, followed by bringing in Jessica Jones writer/producer Scott Reynolds in January. And according to Mike Colter, who plays Luke Cage on Jessica Jones and in his own self-titled series later this year, Iron Fist has already been cast.

The announcement is expected to come very soon and while Marvel TV’s first two Netflix shows remained almost entirely standalone, with only one character (Rosario Dawson’s Claire Temple) appearing in both in a major way, Danny Rand a.k.a. Iron Fist could be setup a little earlier. Whether that’s true or not, Marvel is holding back the identity of who they’ve cast but The Hashtag Show may have found out who’s the next Marvel TV superhero: Finn Jones.

Like Charlie Cox, Finn Jones is another British actor and should be recognizable to TV viewers for his role on HBO’s Game of Thrones, where he plays Loras Tyrell. He’s only 27 years old, and has the blonde hair and look of Rand from Marvel Comics. And best of all, he’s the type of actor Marvel can lock-in long-term on the cheap since he’s a relative unknown still who can they build into a star.

This is just a rumor at this point, but we should find out more soon.

http://screenrant.com/iron-fist-finn-jones/

Last edited by dex14; 02-25-16 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-25-16, 01:31 PM

EW is running a story saying it is official with Finn Jones: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25...ones-iron-fist
Old 02-25-16, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just want to Luke and Danny fighting together cracking skulls and jokes.

They're like the most violent witty old couple.
Old 02-25-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know much about Iron Fist, it'll be interesting how Finn Jones would do since all I can think of is his portrayal of Loras.
Old 02-25-16, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finn Jones is a fine actor and a pretty cool geek in real life. I've never heard him speak with an American accent but I'm not too worried as most British actors seem to do fine with that. With Game of Thrones winding down, I don't see any potential production conflicts as Loras is a 3rd-tier character on that show, not to mention in rather dire straits at the moment.
Old 02-25-16, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Not familiar with the actor playing Iron Fist nor am I really familiar with the comic origins of the character. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the project, considering the head writer/showrunner was responsible for the disastrous final season of Dexter.
Old 03-11-16, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/11/marv...eptember-30th/

Luke Cage premiering on September 30th
Old 03-11-16, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,106 Likes on 773 Posts

Not familiar with the actor playing Iron Fist nor am I really familiar with the comic origins of the character. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the project, considering the head writer/showrunner was responsible for the disastrous final season of Dexter.
Woah. Hold on a second there. You're like the TV Talk mascot. You probably watch more tv than a lot of members here combined, and you don't watch Game of Thrones?!
Old 03-18-16, 01:53 PM

Last edited by dex14; 03-21-16 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-18-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Woah. Hold on a second there. You're like the TV Talk mascot. You probably watch more tv than a lot of members here combined, and you don't watch Game of Thrones?!
I do watch Game of Thrones, but I don't know every actor on that show by name other than the main cast. There's so many actors on that series that come and go.
Old 03-21-16, 10:40 AM

Thanks to the success of Marvel’s Netflix series, fans have been given the opportunity to watch stories about characters that probably wouldn’t get big-screen attention, such as Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. But why limit that model of storytelling to just the Defenders of Hell’s Kitchen?

At Silicon Valley Comic Con this weekend, Avengers actor Jeremy Renner, who plays master archer Hawkeye, mentioned during a Q&A session that he would be open to doing a series centered on his character, should the opportunity present itself.

“I think that’s actually a really great model, if there’s ever a way to explore the character, maybe it’s in that world,” Renner said, speaking at a spotlight panel. “These are things that are really not in my control, but I’d be open to it. I’ve really enjoyed getting to explore the character more recently. The Netflix model is where all the character drama goes to now, you’re doing a superhero movie or a Netflix or HBO kind of model. So I’d be open to it. Not up to me, though.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/21...awkeye-netflix

I really hope Marvel can use Netflix as an outlet beyond The Defenders/Hell's Kitchen characters. It is a great platform to utilize fringe characters. They could do low budget movies, mini series, seasons, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.