0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Because of various comparisons (good and bad) to BB, I have started to watch The Wire which I somehow missed during its initial run.
Old 09-30-13, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Re the Shield watch the final 2 episodes if you decide just to watch select episodes
Old 09-30-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

159 votes?

Where the hell did all these people come from?

I don't recognize even half the names.
Old 09-30-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Re the Shield watch the final 2 episodes if you decide just to watch select episodes
I would strongly recommend against this.
Old 09-30-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
since so many people have mentioned The Shield as having a great finale it got me curious since ive never seen it. Would it be possible to just watch the finale season instead of the entire series or would I be missing too much and have no idea what is going on?
Honestly, no. There is so much set up and character development, that you would be doing yourself a great injustice starting with season 7.
Old 09-30-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I actually think you can skip the first 2-3 seasons (some of those episodes get redundant and interchangeable), but it does build on itself, and it's not even that the final episode is so amazing (I'd say it's penultimate episode is even better), but how the show builds to it's conclusion is what makes it so impacting. Watching the final episode by itself, you'd lose all that, and it wouldn't mean much to you on it's own.

Season 4 is definitely skippable and self contained. Season 5 is where it really picks up speed.
Old 09-30-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Really? You're using the # of viewers as a barometer of quality?

Using that reasoning, NCIS and Two & a Half Men are even better shows since they get even better ratings, and sustained over a much longer period of time as well.

There's lots of crap that gets huge numbers, and there's a lot of great shows that have very few viewers.

But according to you, Breaking Bad is the ONLY great show. I guess most viewers are complete dumbasses huh? I'll be sure to give you shit if you are on the Walking Dead threads raving about how great the episode is.
Old 09-30-13, 10:58 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Time to change hotels!
I didn't change hotels, but I did change rooms to one with better WiFi so I was able to watch it via AMC/Xfinity streaming. So awesome. Definitely a fitting end to the series.
Old 09-30-13, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
But according to you, Breaking Bad is the ONLY great show.
Please, point out where I said anything like that.
Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Ray Donovan, Justified, Homeland, The Americans, Mad Men, and a few more I can't recall off the top of my head, all of them shit on Walking Dead.
I guess most viewers are complete dumbasses huh?
Again, I never said anything like that. If you feel like a dumbass, that's your cross to bear. But there's plenty of smart capable people that also happen to enjoy stupid shit. I wasn't making an ad hominem statment. Interesting you would take it as such...
I'll be sure to give you shit if you are on the Walking Dead threads raving about how great the episode is.
I've only posted on the WD threads a few times, but mostly to make fun of it or complain about it. There might be a couple interesting things that happen in a season of it, but it's few and far in between.
Old 09-30-13, 11:57 PM
Suspended

One thing I've not seen anybody mention is the parallel between the next to last death of the series -- Todd, strangled to death with a chain -- and the next to first death of the series -- Krazy-8, strangled to death with a bike lock. I wonder if that parallel was intentional?
Old 10-01-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

So who's gonna watch the remake?

After several days of speculation fueled by Univision, on March 13, 2013, Sony confirmed that it would be making a Spanish-language remake of Breaking Bad entitled Metástasis starring Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco (Walter White) and Roberto Urbina as Jose Miguel Rosas (Jesse Pinkman), alongside Sandra Reyes and Julián Arango in unnamed roles.
Old 10-01-13, 12:42 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts

My wife and I watched our Amazon Prime season pass copy of this tonight and watched last week's episode last night while you all were taking in the finale.

We loved it. Satisfying and fitting. Not sure what we'll watch together next. We've done Oz, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, and Breaking Bad. May have to finally dip our toes into the Mad Men water and see what the fuss is all about.

My wife's favorite part was Walt finally taking ownership in his farewell with Skylar. No more lies, no more blame. He is honest that it was always all about him.

My favorite part was the absolute freedom Jesse has at the end of this series. What happens next? Anything he wants and I'm glad for him.

Might be a stretch, but I thought Walt dying in the meth lab may help the police not even know Jesse was the meth cooker, that in fact Heisenberg had been hiding out at the compound all this time and was the true cook. If that helps Jess, that's great, though whether Walt would have intended that or not is something else entirely (but it wouldn't surprise me).

Well, that about does 'er. Wraps 'er all up. Things seemed to have worked out pretty good for Jesse and Walter. And it was a pretty good story, don't you think? Made me laugh to beat the band. Parts, anyway. I didn't like seeing Hank go. But, then I happen to know that there's hope for Holly on the way. I guess that's the way the whole darn human comedy keeps perpetuatin' itself, down through the generations. Westward the wagons, across the sands of time until we... Ah, look at me. I'm ramblin' again. Well, I hope you folks enjoyed yourselves. Catch you later on down the trail.

Say friend, got any more of that good sarsaparilla?...
Old 10-01-13, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
One thing I've not seen anybody mention is the parallel between the next to last death of the series -- Todd, strangled to death with a chain -- and the next to first death of the series -- Krazy-8, strangled to death with a bike lock. I wonder if that parallel was intentional?
Todd was third to last.
Old 10-01-13, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Stranger
Old 10-01-13, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
159 votes?

Where the hell did all these people come from?

I don't recognize even half the names.
Well, a lot of people did change their usernames recently...
Old 10-01-13, 01:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Todd was third to last.
You're right -- I forgot about Uncle Jack. Still, the point remains.
Old 10-01-13, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Season 4 is definitely skippable and self contained. Season 5 is where it really picks up speed.
No, no, no. Season 4 is hugely important for several reasons. Mostly the relationship between Macky and Shane.
Don't skip a single episode of The Shield.
Old 10-01-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
No, no, no. Season 4 is hugely important for several reasons. Mostly the relationship between Macky and Shane.
Don't skip a single episode of The Shield.
Also season 4 has Glenn Close as the captain
Old 10-01-13, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V
This was the hardest part for me to digest. The rigged device took out an entire gang --- all of them except Todd. I just found that to be eye rolling [...]
After Walt tackled Jesse, Uncle Jack ordered Todd to get Walt and Jesse up off the floor. While Todd is kneeling down beside them, simultaneously Walt pressed the key fob to open the trunk/activate the weapon. Already on the floor, Todd then stays down while the weapon is firing. That scene to me felt like it unfolded naturally, and therefore I did not think Todd's survival felt contrived.
Old 10-01-13, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Might be a stretch, but I thought Walt dying in the meth lab may help the police not even know Jesse was the meth cooker, that in fact Heisenberg had been hiding out at the compound all this time and was the true cook. If that helps Jess, that's great, though whether Walt would have intended that or not is something else entirely (but it wouldn't surprise me).
They're probably not thinking that. They know Walt was in New Hampshire due to the phone call from the bar. During that time the blue meth was still being cooked - and now the compound has evidence of the blue meth being cooked there. If anything, that'll prove to the DEA that someone else was cooking the meth while Walt was lying low for a couple months. Whether they know it's Jesse or not is another thing.
Old 10-01-13, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No way does Jesse end up in prison. Everyone who heard his confession is dead, as is Lydia. Jack would have destroyed the tape months ago. Skyler and Marie don't know enough details to lead to an arrest.

The only people left who could implicate Jesse are Saul, Badger and Skinny Pete. Saul's a ghost and Badger & Skinny Pete ain't talking - they're solid. Solid!
Old 10-01-13, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
No way does Jesse end up in prison. Everyone who heard his confession is dead, as is Lydia. Jack would have destroyed the tape months ago. Skyler and Marie don't know enough details to lead to an arrest.
What makes you think Jesse isn't still in a confessin' mood?
Old 10-01-13, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The BB Barrel is #1 in Movies & TV even at $210: Complete Series
Old 10-01-13, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
What makes you think Jesse isn't still in a confessin' mood?
What makes you think that he is? Jesse only started confessing once he found out the truth about Brock. Before that, even though he was ridden with guilt, he had no intentions of working with the DEA. Even though he implicated himself in his confession, he still only did it to take down Walt. Now that Walt and Todd are dead, why would he turn himself in?
Old 10-01-13, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Coral
They're probably not thinking that. They know Walt was in New Hampshire due to the phone call from the bar. During that time the blue meth was still being cooked - and now the compound has evidence of the blue meth being cooked there. If anything, that'll prove to the DEA that someone else was cooking the meth while Walt was lying low for a couple months. Whether they know it's Jesse or not is another thing.
I'm not sure the cops could confirm it was really Walter White calling from NH and not some crank.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.