Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im kind of surpirsed Wolf is dishing out that kind of money, he's always been such anti-star kind of producer.
Old 01-28-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,427 Likes on 972 Posts
Originally Posted by fourwalker
Im kind of surpirsed Wolf is dishing out that kind of money, he's always been such anti-star kind of producer.
I think more than the original Law and Order, this duo works for the type of show it is. And, it's pretty much owning Tuesday night's ratings, so there's no reason not to lock them up for a few more years.
Old 02-17-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Law and Order SVU s8 ep14. Carey Elwes' horrible accent

not sure which date this aired
Man, Carey Elwes face has gotten fat, and the fake NYC accent was the most horrible one I've ever heard
Old 02-17-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was he as good as he was in "Saw"?
Old 02-17-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
He was good in The Princess Bride and dreadful in every other thing he's done.
Old 02-17-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,402 Likes on 859 Posts
I liked him in the Hot Shot movies. But he truly ruined Saw...which wasn't a great film to begin with.
Old 02-17-07, 11:31 PM

Received 891 Likes on 588 Posts
... and he was a mob-boss' lawyer. Yuck!
Old 02-19-07, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by mikehunt
not sure which date this aired
Man, Carey Elwes face has gotten fat...
Yeah, I was like "Man, he let himself go...".

Also, wasn't Eliott's wife the one that wanted the divorce? They made it seem as if he was the one that initiated it...
Old 02-19-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,126 Likes on 811 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
He was good in The Princess Bride and dreadful in every other thing he's done.
Hey, Robin Hood: Men In Tights was the shit.
Old 02-19-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Yeah, I was like "Man, he let himself go...".

Also, wasn't Eliott's wife the one that wanted the divorce? They made it seem as if he was the one that initiated it...
Pretty darn sure that's the way it happened...

I thought it was odd as well.
Old 01-09-08, 01:24 AM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Law & Order: SVU--'Signature'--1/08/07

Wow, great episode tonite!

Anybody else think tonight's show was top-notch?

I know this series has been kind of coasting by on yesterday's glories for the past few seasons but every now and then everything just fires on all cylinders and becomes some amazing TV.

I actually prefer it when Elliott and Olivia do their own thing away from each other. They are both such strong characters that they sort of cancel each other out. And this time out Mariska Hargitay nailed it. She does that character so well, it really makes you understand her struggle with wanting to be a vigilante and punishing a serial killer yourself or following the rule of law and letting justice prevail. I mean after dealing with so many scumbags how can anyone NOT feel that way?

Everyone was great. Adam Beach has been a solid addition and Erika Christensen was perfect. This was the probably the best I've seen her since 'Traffic'. But the shining star was the writing, kudos to the writer of this episode (didn't think to check to see who it was), great story, lots of twists and an ending that gave me chills. This could have been a feature film. Kinda makes you appreciate those writers a bit more.
Old 01-09-08, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,126 Likes on 811 Posts
Wait, there was a new episode on last night? My DVR didn't record it...
Old 01-09-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Wait, there was a new episode on last night? My DVR didn't record it...
My guide didn't say it was new either.

On that note, I haven't watched a new episode of SVU in years. It's gotten that bad. All they do is find a guy, throw him in a room and repeatedly scream "Where is xxxx?!!!" or scream accusations until they confess and give something up. Horrible writing IMO. Stabler and Benson's characters are awful- they say the same thing each episode, act the same way, and they're both atrocious. I thought the ending of last night's episode was incredibly bad as you knew it was coming the second she walked in the room. Then the crying the second it happened? Just bad. I don't think I had watched a new episode since the first year or two Diane Neal took over as ADA. I don't watch any of the CSIs, but just about every other crime drama has better acting and writing IMO. This episode just confirmed it again for me. I still catch some of the first few seasons' episodes on USA, they are a little better.
Old 01-09-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
The show has been as good the last couple of years as it ever has.
Old 01-09-08, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely a winner last night, solid writing and acting all around.

(For a split second, once it was revealed that the FBI's BAU unit was involved, I half-expected Mandy Patinkin to show up in a bid to get his old job back.)
Old 01-09-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was alright, although I'm starting to get tired of seeing these starlets guesting on procedural shows as the Profiling agent. You know any FBI agents? NONE of them look like Christensan. But that's trifling, he's my real problem. Where in the hell were Stabler, Fin and Munch? It seems like they've taken my most hated characters (Olive and Chief-Bad-Actor) and given them the show. I've never been a fan of Olive or her bullshit backstory (I'm a child of rape, cry, beat rapist, repeat) but at least there was a fantastic cast of likable characters surrounding her. Now it's her show, and this new guy who speaks through his teeth and "acts" horribly backs her up. Terrible. At least they've toned down that dude's backstory a little. His first episode I kept waiting for him to touch his medallian and turn into a wolf or eagle or something.

Ugh, what's happened to this show?

-Doc
Old 01-09-08, 09:59 AM

Received 891 Likes on 588 Posts
Olivia's breakdown after she witnessed the suicide was out of character for her. It didn't make sense to me. She's been there before, watched folks do that all the time. I didn't feel the connection between her and the FBI agent... and as a matter of fact, I'm a little confused as to the time line of when her mentor offed himself. Had it been days? weeks? months? I must have missed it.

However, Adam Beach's character is growing on me. I liked how he found the trophy by sitting on her bed.

I miss Fin and Munch.
Old 01-09-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I miss Fin and Munch.

Truth.
Old 01-09-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The guy who lead the scavenging group is an acquaintance of mine. I didn't know he was gonna be on the show and then all of a sudden I was like "Oh shit, it's Macon."

huh
Old 01-09-08, 11:42 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts
I thought Christensen was awful and very wooden with her performance.
Old 01-09-08, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought Christensen was awful and very wooden with her performance.
I thought the same thing. I don't know her from Eve but she didn't impress me in the least.

I also was wondering where Fin and Munch were. They help bring balance to the show. And I also though Olivia's reaction to the suicide was a bit too much. Seemed she should be more immune to stuff like that by now. It wasn't someone she's known for years.
Old 01-09-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Jray
And I also though Olivia's reaction to the suicide was a bit too much. Seemed she should be more immune to stuff like that by now. It wasn't someone she's known for years.
She hadn't known her for years, but I got the impression she was very emotionally drained by the whole thing, which could lead to someone finally just exploding emotionally. She understood the action but couldn't condone it.

Besides, there is a difference between merely seeing a dead body and watching some splatter their brains all over the wall. After many dead bodies, she probably was de-sensitized to it. But I doubt she has seen dozens of people commit suicide in a violent way, if any.
Old 01-09-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stopped caring about this show when the writers started getting rid of characters for entire episodes just so one actor can give an overblown performance for Emmy consideration. Those tactics even garnered Mariska an Emmy (for 911) over the more deserving Frances Conroy for the series finale of Six Feet Under.

Last edited by conscience; 01-09-08 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 04:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by conscience
I stopped caring about this show when the writers started getting rid of characters for entire episodes just so one actor can give an overblown performance for Emmy consideration.....
My god that was exactly what I was saying last night. The best part of last season was when she went on maternity. On another note I am really liking Beach's charecter.
Old 01-10-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 851 Likes on 614 Posts
Pretty bad acting by Erika. And I didn't understand something. Was it me or did it seem that eventhough Cooper had killed the Woodsman, that she somehow knew the last victim? If not, why the whole scene after Olivia finds Amy Doe under the table and her trying to tell Benson about Cooper with her eyes? Was she supposed to be Cooper's first victim? It was all weird.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.