The Bridge -- "Take the Ride, Pay the Toll" -- 9/18/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-18-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Synopsis:

Episode 11 / Production #111 - "Take the Ride, Pay the Toll" (Airs September 18, 10:00 pm e/p) - Showdown on the bridge as the Killer reveals his endgame. Written by Dario Scardapane; directed by John Dahl.

Episode 11/13
Old 09-19-13, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Bridge -- "Take the Ride, Pay the Toll" -- 9/18/13

Wow that was a tremendous show.

While they still have the tunnel storyline and some loose ends on the girls (which seemed more like side plots, but maybe they are more significant?), I'd have thought that was a finale. How the heck are there still 2 episodes left?

The scene on the bridge was incredible. Demian Bichir was just ridiculously good throughout the whole show.
Old 09-19-13, 10:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am still convinced something is coming of that reference to a Mexican engineer who was making girls disappear. Don't know if that is season two?

the show's decision to follow Gus to that conclusion added real weight to this world. there are costs and things don't always end well.

i really thought everything from the morgue on was fantastically done with little to no dialogue. it could have been hokey "walking off in the sun", but played out incredibly sad and empty.

i understand people had trouble connecting to Sonya and didnt stay with the show, but for me the payoff in her confusion how to act in the hospital room with marco was worth it. it seemed like she wanted to do the right thing, she wanted to be like other people and felt lost how to actually accomplish that.

i really look forward to following this wherever it ends up.
Old 09-19-13, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

damn, that was heavy. this could've been the finale and I'd be completely fine with it. crazy there are 2 more episodes after this. this has turned out to be a really fucking good show. both demian bechir and diane kruger are really fantastic in this.
Old 09-19-13, 12:18 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Loved this episode. It was a real turning point for me, as I thought this was a good show before, but now have elevated it to one of my favorites. I did not expect Gus to die, I expected the "saved in the nick of time" crap that shows usually pull. This was a heartrending episode.
Old 09-19-13, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Loved this episode. It was a real turning point for me, as I thought this was a good show before, but now have elevated it to one of my favorites. I did not expect Gus to die, I expected the "saved in the nick of time" crap that shows usually pull. This was a heartrending episode.
Yeah, that really surprised me as well. Really really like this show.
Old 09-20-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a really "bad" season for TV in general... because of Breaking Bad. Everything looks like shit compared to it.

So this episode started kind of slow to me, but it grow on me. Really powerful acting from Bichir and Krueger. So yeah, it reached BB levels on some parts for me.

I too wonder about the last two episodes.
Old 09-20-13, 09:34 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Agreed this is a great show. For those that have stuck with it from the beginning, it's turning out to be a very rewarding experience. Other than the opening sequence this week, I thought we'd see more from the tunnel and the ramifications of Don Swayze's death. Guess there are two more episodes to go though...
Old 09-20-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marco seeing his son in the morgue was a tough scene to watch.

My only complaint about the show is we haven't seen more of Charlotte and the tunnel. That's a really interesting storyline. Hope the show can get a second season.
Old 09-20-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I was one of those that started off the season not liking Sonya. Her character grew on me and she added such dimension to the show. She was both comic relief (Marco's dinner with the family anyone?) and a touching character as well, as she struggled to try to fit in w/o knowing how.

Just watched Wednesday's episode and it was a tough one. Very suspenseful and they didn't pull any punches (like they could have) when they decided to let Gus die. Marco on the bridge was just heartbreaking to watch, as he struggled with whether or not to shoot Daniel in order to possibly save his son. His acting was so believable.

I agree that it felt like the season finale. Personally, I'm not really interested in the tunnel and Charlotte. I wonder what the girl that Linder took to the little "safe" place in the desert has to do with the overall scheme of things. That guy really creeps me out, but obviously he has some important part left to play this season or they wouldn't have spent so much time on him.
Old 09-20-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
I wonder what the girl that Linder took to the little "safe" place in the desert has to do with the overall scheme of things. That guy really creeps me out, but obviously he has some important part left to play this season or they wouldn't have spent so much time on him.
I think he is one of the more interesting characters because we first think we see him as this uber creepy sexual predator and possibly the main villian, and it turns out that he is a pretty decent person trying to do some good in the world, for people that no one cares about. He is the flip side of the murderer of all those people in that Mexican house that no one cares about, saving some of them destined for that fate but unknown as well.
Old 09-22-13, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, they did an amazing job with Sonya. And of course it helped that they have a good actress doing that part.
Old 09-24-13, 01:08 PM

Renewed for a second season.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/24/the-bri...d-season-2-fx/
Old 09-24-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes!!!!

Old 09-24-13, 01:50 PM

great news!
Old 09-24-13, 01:53 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Excellent
Old 09-24-13, 02:16 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Old 09-24-13, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by birdseye
Awesome news. I knew it would. Despite the mediocre ratings here in the U.S., it is one of the highest rated shows internationally.
Old 09-24-13, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news..the show got really good in the last half.
Old 09-27-13, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by leeta
I was one of those that started off the season not liking Sonya. Her character grew on me and she added such dimension to the show. She was both comic relief (Marco's dinner with the family anyone?) and a touching character as well, as she struggled to try to fit in w/o knowing how.

Just watched Wednesday's episode and it was a tough one. Very suspenseful and they didn't pull any punches (like they could have) when they decided to let Gus die. Marco on the bridge was just heartbreaking to watch, as he struggled with whether or not to shoot Daniel in order to possibly save his son. His acting was so believable.

I agree that it felt like the season finale. Personally, I'm not really interested in the tunnel and Charlotte. I wonder what the girl that Linder took to the little "safe" place in the desert has to do with the overall scheme of things. That guy really creeps me out, but obviously he has some important part left to play this season or they wouldn't have spent so much time on him.
I agree with you on Sonya. I know a lot of viewers still don't like her. But she has grown on me and I think Diane Kruger is a decent actress. The scenes of her on the bridge almost made me tear up because she really cared about Gus and she didn't find him alive. I almost teared up when Marco saw Gus.
Old 09-27-13, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Count me as one that hated Sonya in the beginning... She grow on me and made me like her and her interaction with the other characters in the show.

Cant wait to watch the whole season again... over a weekend. =)