TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad-- To'hajiilee -- 9/8/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-13, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad-- To'hajiilee -- 9/8/13

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I was thinking about this episode all day, and then something struck me as more than what I originally thought of as simply a comedic throwaway line.

"How angry are we talking? Hulk Angry?"

Why would that even matter to the Nazi squad who easily killed 10 prisoners? They seemed awfully interested in Walt talking about Jesse's state of mind. I think it's safe to say they have heard all about Jesse via Todd's stories. While I firmly believe Jesse would never cook for them or work with Todd, who's to say they don't grab Jesse and force him to cook anyway? Perhaps this is how Jesse gets out of this shootout alive. It was in this episode that Jesse stated to Hank that he was one of the two best meth cooks in the world. We already knew that, why remind us? Perhaps they took the "one cook only" deal with Walt just to get to Jesse. Leverage on Jesse: They know about Andrea and Brock now.

I'm thinking that they kill Hank and Gomez, grab Jesse, and Walt has to go on the run because of Marie. Todd may die as well, forcing them to grab Jesse. Remember, Marie doesn't know about Todd's group, and will assume Walt killed Hank. This would also drive Skylar, implicated or not, and the kids away from Walt as well. I think Skylar would have a big problem with Hank dying.

Walt coming back with an M60 is for Todd's group, why the ricin will be the mystery played up and saved for the finale. Will it be used on Jesse, Lydia, Todd or will we see Walt kill himself with it? I'd guess Lydia myself as Walt has already taken Mike's "half-measure" against her when he tried to threaten her, and hid the ricin under his hat. Time for the full-measure.

Keep in mind, it's quite possible that Walt was simply implicated to be Heisenberg when he goes on the run, and he may actually be smart enough to pin everything legally on Todd's group upon dealing with him when he returns. Wont win over Marie, but that ship already sailed. Lydia has to go for his story to work. The only real question is the confession tape, but if Marie took it to the police wouldn't people be thinking Hank was Heisenberg and not painting up Walt's house with the name?

That would certainly be the "the ending is a victory for Walter White" that Vince Gilligan has stated time and time again.
Honestly, I don't really see Jesse being killed by Walt. I know that it was his intent in this episode to have Todd's group take him out but for some reason I don't think he's able to do it himself. He's said that Jesse is basically like family to him and I almost think it would be like him killing one of his kids at this point. I see Walt coming back with the M60 to take out Todd and maybe some others as revenge for the killing of (my assumption at this point) Hank and Gomez and possibly a later incident at his home while Lydia gets the ricin.

The cook at the White home has seemed logical to me for a while and I really do think that's what will go down to cause the house to be seized and fenced off. I could see it going down with Walt and possibly Jesse being forced into a situation where they're taken by Todd's group to the home to do the cook and Walt pulling something along the lines of what he did in season one with how he handled Krazy-8 and Emilio in the RV. Someone mentioned earlier that they made a point of Todd pointing out that the group should be wearing respirators, maybe that's a hint that the group dies but Todd and Lydia who are smart enough wear the masks and survive.
Old 09-11-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't until this episode that I realized that Uncle Jack is played by Michael Bowen, the teen villain in Valley Girl (also the rapist orderly in Kill Bill).
Old 09-11-13, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 914 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
I wonder if Walt's confession DVD resurfaces, especially if Hank/Gomez die.
They seemed to make a point of showing Jesse leaving it on the dash in both perspectives of him going to trash Walt's house. (At least I assume that's what the disc that he left on the dash was...)
Old 09-11-13, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think that disc was just to show that Jesse was doing drugs before going into the house.
Old 09-11-13, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
Honestly, I don't really see Jesse being killed by Walt. I know that it was his intent in this episode to have Todd's group take him out but for some reason I don't think he's able to do it himself. He's said that Jesse is basically like family to him and I almost think it would be like him killing one of his kids at this point. I see Walt coming back with the M60 to take out Todd and maybe some others as revenge for the killing of (my assumption at this point) Hank and Gomez and possibly a later incident at his home while Lydia gets the ricin.
But revenge never has been Walt's thing. It's always been about self-preservation with him. If the M-60 is for Todd's gang, my feeling is that it would be because they're holding someone in his family hostage.

I also think there is a chance the M60 is a diversion to throw the viewer off.
Old 09-11-13, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by emanon
They seemed to make a point of showing Jesse leaving it on the dash in both perspectives of him going to trash Walt's house. (At least I assume that's what the disc that he left on the dash was...)
It seems to me that Jesse went to burn down the house just after he went ballistic when he made the connection about the ricin cigarette. I don't think he would have had, or even known about the confession disc; he didn't team up with Hank until Hank walked in on him as he was about to start the fire.
Old 09-11-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goat3001
But revenge never has been Walt's thing. It's always been about self-preservation with him. If the M-60 is for Todd's gang, my feeling is that it would be because they're holding someone in his family hostage.

This. You seem to be one of the few paying attention. Or least share my opinion on most things.
Old 09-11-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid
It wasn't until this episode that I realized that Uncle Jack is played by Michael Bowen, the teen villain in Valley Girl (also the rapist orderly in Kill Bill).
Old 09-11-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm thinking that they kill Hank and Gomez, grab Jesse, and Walt has to go on the run because of Marie. Todd may die as well, forcing them to grab Jesse. Remember, Marie doesn't know about Todd's group, and will assume Walt killed Hank. This would also drive Skylar, implicated or not, and the kids away from Walt as well. I think Skylar would have a big problem with Hank dying.

Walt coming back with an M60 is for Todd's group, why the ricin will be the mystery played up and saved for the finale. Will it be used on Jesse, Lydia, Todd or will we see Walt kill himself with it? I'd guess Lydia myself as Walt has already taken Mike's "half-measure" against her when he tried to threaten her, and hid the ricin under his hat. Time for the full-measure.

Keep in mind, it's quite possible that Walt was simply implicated to be Heisenberg when he goes on the run, and he may actually be smart enough to pin everything legally on Todd's group upon dealing with him when he returns. Wont win over Marie, but that ship already sailed. Lydia has to go for his story to work. The only real question is the confession tape, but if Marie took it to the police wouldn't people be thinking Hank was Heisenberg and not painting up Walt's house with the name?

That would certainly be the "the ending is a victory for Walter White" that Vince Gilligan has stated time and time again.
I really like this, I think you're pretty on the money with some of these predictions.

Hank and Gomez basically have to die, I just don't see a way out of that without the writers really having to stretch it. Then again, it's odd they would make it a cliffhanger and not just show them die at the end of the episode. I could maybe see them being captured, but then what?
Old 09-11-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For some reason they decided to not show them dead.

My guess, it will be like the Season 3 finale. A lot people wondered if Gale was dead. They didn't show him dead because they wanted everything to run in the first episode of season 4.

So yeah, now I'm sure that they will start next episode with their deaths.

Somehow they decided that will get more of the episode. I can only imagine the end of that episode!
Old 09-11-13, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ricin...

The talk about the Blue Meth being 'their brand'..

What about this? Walt mixes the ricin in with a batch of the Blue Meth, killing thousands of Checks and Southwestern junkies, destroying the entire Heisenberg legacy/business.
Old 09-11-13, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
The ricin...

What about this? Walt mixes the ricin in with a batch of the Blue Meth, killing thousands of Checks and Southwestern junkies, destroying the entire Heisenberg legacy/business.
I can't see the show doing the genocide thing.

I think it's for Lydia. He was about to use it on her before - this time he gets to finish the job.
Old 09-11-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Yeah. The main thing that led to me thinking about the revenge aspect is that this time it's more personal as it's his family who harm has been done to. I just thought maybe in that instance he would be out for revenge but I could be wrong going off of his past actions. Then again I guess he never exactly went out for revenge against the cousins after they harmed Hank. The M-60 being there to throw viewers off is something I hadn't thought of though.
Old 09-11-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
The ricin...

Czechs
Old 09-11-13, 10:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Czech please!
Old 09-11-13, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't there a scene a few seasons ago where Skyler was telling Walt how it's hard to launder fifty dollar bills (nobody pays for a car wash with $50)?

Love how Saul paid for a car wash with a $50.
Old 09-11-13, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I could see Hank and Gomez dying and the Nazi's taking Jesse hostage to cook for them. I don't think Todd will die in this shootout. Walt gets away and goes on the run. He gets the M60 to take on the Nazi's and rescue Jesse. The ricin is for either Lydia or Todd.

Or maybe they take someone in his family hostage. Either way, the ricin and M60 are for Todd's gang, I think.
Old 09-11-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Would anyone here actually be pissed if Hank survives?
Old 09-11-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Not if it is handled believably - or at least not too far-fetched. I like the character and would hate to see him go, but at this point it's seems like anyone is expendable as the shit storm gets worse.

The chance of Gomez and Hank escaping the firefight alive seems slim, at best. Any other outcome is going to require some clever writing to make it palatable...
Old 09-11-13, 12:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Pointyskull
Not if it is handled believably - or at least not too far-fetched. I like the character and would hate to see him go, but at this point it's seems like anyone is expendable as the shit storm gets worse.

The chance of Gomez and Hank escaping the firefight alive seems slim, at best. Any other outcome is going to require some clever writing to make it palatable...

I think you can bet your mortgage on Gomez meeting the Grim Reaper for sure.
Old 09-11-13, 12:37 PM

I mean, I'm not going to be genuinely pissed, it's a TV show. Hard to suspend disbelief though when five guys are firing assault rifles and automatic shotguns at you from a few yards away.

From a character standpoint, I have mixed feelings about Hank - mostly I think he is kind of an asshole, and as a DEA agent I kind of hate what he represents. Especially how quickly he turned on his own family, even if it was somewhat understandable considering everything he's gone through in pursuit of Heisenberg. Generally though I'm rooting for Walt and Skyler over Hank and Marie.
Old 09-11-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Turned on his own family? Hank is pissed not only at the whole Heisenberg thing (which is no small matter) but at the danger Walt put his wife and children in. Hell he doesn't even know that Gus had threatened to kill Walt Jr. and the baby as well.
Old 09-11-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Depends on how they handle it. If Hank and Gomie go on a run and kill the Nazi's it would bad action movie stupid.

If Hank is going to survive, the most believable way would be if Walt stops the Nazi onslaught and convinces them to let Hank go.
Old 09-11-13, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be but I figured it was going to set up Walt having a final (or near final) scene like Tony Montana since the whole "Mr Chips turns into Scarface" thing has been mentioned by Vince Gilligan so many times.
Old 09-11-13, 02:13 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Be funny if they pulled a play from a certain 1980's movie and everybody BUT Gomez dies in the shootout.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.