Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the latest, season-wise, you've started watching a show?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What's the latest, season-wise, you've started watching a show?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 11:39 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: What's the latest, season-wise, you've started watching a show?

Came late to The Big Bang Theory... started with Season 6 (but thanks to a friend letting us borrow 1-5 we caught up quick).

I started watching 24 live starting with season 5.
Old 09-08-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

The Big Bang Theory- I had always just caught occasional random episodes or parts of episodes but never really consistently watched until season six. Now I really like it quite a bit, sure it's just simple network comedy stuff with some geek humor mixed in but I enjoy it for what it is.

Breaking Bad- Started watching when the season two DVD set came out. I had blind bought the first season of it but put off watching it for whatever reason but I started reading more reviews of the second season DVD set and it started to interest me more so I watched the first season really fast and picked up the second season. I started watching live during season three and have been hooked since.

Dexter- I picked up season one on DVD on sale from Target when they had it on sale just because I thought it sounded interesting. I actually didn't love it at first and only watched a couple episodes before stopping. I ended up trying it again a few months later and liked it more. Shortly after that the second season came out on DVD and I picked it up since at the time I didn't have Showtime. The third season is when I started watching it live.
Old 09-08-13, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 7 is when I started watching it as it aired. I was flipping through the TV one night and the scene where Willow skins Warren came on. I rushed out the next day and bought seasons one and two since they were the only ones out at the time. Got caught up on the series by um... other means until season 7 started.
I thought I was the only person who did that! Same situation for me except I wasn't as internet savvy back then so I just read synopsis of seasons 3-6 before season 7 began.
Old 09-08-13, 07:19 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
24 would be the answer for me. I think my wife watched the first episode of season 5. I decided I wanted to watch from the beginning. We checked out the first few seasons from the library and burned through them in no time 96 hours.
Fixed.
Old 09-08-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Started Breaking Bad after the first half of Season 5 was already over. Glad I did, one of the best shows ever, easily.

Started Walking Dead after the first half of Season 3 was over. One of the more overrated shows ever but still not bad.