TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bridge -- "The Beetle" -- 9/04/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Bridge -- "The Beetle" -- 9/04/13

Synopsis:

Episode 9 / Production #109 - "The Beetle" (Airs September 4, 10:00 pm e/p) - Marco reconnects with a friend from his past and races to save his family. Charlotte responds to her biggest threat. Linder reveals his true feelings. Written by Elwood Reid; directed by Keith Gordon.

Episode 9 of 13
Old 09-05-13, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Re: The Bridge -- "The Beetle" -- 9/04/13

Trying to piece everything together and how the tunnel is going to connect with the former agent doing all of this.
Old 09-05-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Trying to piece everything together and how the tunnel is going to connect with the former agent doing all of this.
I kind of think the tunnel is separate from the main investigation and would be part of a season 2 plotline because I do not see how they are related just yet. I ma sure a lot of people gave up on this show, but it has really been terrific and very deeply textured. I love the grayness of the characters and how it does not hold your hand. At all.
Old 09-05-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty intense episode.

to Charlotte going all Friday the 13th Part 3 on the tunnel owner. There should be a good showdown between her and Ray at some point. Can't wait to see how they tie all these threads together.

They've made a big deal about Sonya's black-and-white sense of ethics. I'm guessing that will play a big part in how this all ends.
Old 09-05-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

The one thing I don't get is how is it that Marco's wife never saw Tate/Hastings before? Seemed like they were friends and had a close relationship, it's odd that they never crossed paths.
Old 09-05-13, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
The one thing I don't get is how is it that Marco's wife never saw Tate/Hastings before? Seemed like they were friends and had a close relationship, it's odd that they never crossed paths.
Maybe all the Tate/Hastings stuff happened when Marco was still with Gus' mother?
Old 09-05-13, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

^ Then how did Gus not know him?

I would think it was at a point when Marco didn't divulge what he did to his family. I have a feeling Marco left his Gus' mother for Alma, which is why he's so protective of Alma and the kids.
Old 09-05-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Pretty intense episode.

to Charlotte going all Friday the 13th Part 3 on the tunnel owner. There should be a good showdown between her and Ray at some point. Can't wait to see how they tie all these threads together.

They've made a big deal about Sonya's black-and-white sense of ethics. I'm guessing that will play a big part in how this all ends.

Very intense, particularly the ending.
Old 09-05-13, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This show is really growing on me with each episode. I love how it isn't dumbed-down.
Old 09-05-13, 10:03 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Aren't they a relatively new couple? I thought that they had only been together a couple years
Old 09-06-13, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Aren't they a relatively new couple? I thought that they had only been together a couple years
It didn't sound like Tate/Hastings died like 10 years ago or something. It seemed like it was a relatively newer situation.
Old 09-06-13, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moopher
This show is really growing on me with each episode. I love how it isn't dumbed-down.
this will probably be its undoing
Old 09-06-13, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It has been a great season. Even great shows, the first season is slow, and you tell new viewers to be patient. Not with this show, a lot of things happen in every episode!

I laughed at this:

- I'm a MILF?
- Sorry... MILF means..
- I know what MILF means... but I don't have any kids...

Something like that. LOL!
Old 09-06-13, 08:31 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

SUPERB episode. So much happened it's ridiculous. Great acting, great action, great twists. That scene in the hunting lodge with the hand grenade was crazy intense. Such a great new show--I really didn't love the first ep. but it's totally grown on me.
Old 09-06-13, 09:23 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Great episode this week. Good scene with Marco when he first finds out Tate has his family.

Also, I didn't quite piece together the crash at the end of the episode. I assume we're led to believe Tate followed them from the house? Also, it looked like there was a 3rd car he was getting into when he was dragging Gus across the ground (maybe I'm mistaken). If so, how would he know to stash the 3rd car in a specific location...unless he knew the location of the safe house? Didn't follow that.
Old 09-06-13, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Great episode this week. Good scene with Marco when he first finds out Tate has his family.

Also, I didn't quite piece together the crash at the end of the episode. I assume we're led to believe Tate followed them from the house? Also, it looked like there was a 3rd car he was getting into when he was dragging Gus across the ground (maybe I'm mistaken). If so, how would he know to stash the 3rd car in a specific location...unless he knew the location of the safe house? Didn't follow that.
i assumed since he knows all and is omnipotent, he knows which safehouse they would go to, and Gus was his endgame all along.

Originally Posted by Moopher

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
this will probably be its undoing
that is what killed Terriers isn't it.
Old 09-06-13, 01:40 PM

Nobody watched Terriers at all from the very beginning so I don't think the quality of the show had anything to do with it being cancelled.
Old 09-06-13, 02:15 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Terriers suffered from poor marketing and a name that had nothing to do with the show.
Old 09-06-13, 09:11 PM

I'll admit, I love almost everything FX has put out...and honestly, I gave that horseshit show Lights Out more of a chance than Terriers, and I hate boxing. Not sure why I never watched Terriers.

I hope this show sticks around. Between The Bridge and The Americans, there has been some great new shows on FX.