Continuum -- "Second Guess" -- 8/16/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-13, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Continuum -- "Second Guess" -- 8/16/13

Synopsis:

Episode 11: "Second Guess"

Chaos breaks out in Vancouver when a series of cyber attacks turn the city upside down. Kiera and Carlos race to find the perpetrator while Who clues suggest Alec's own technology has something to do with it.

Episode 11 of 13
Old 08-17-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "Second Guess" -- 8/16/13

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the heck out of this show. Certainly more than the other summer sci-fi options such as "Under the Dome" and "Falling Skies."

Lexa Doig is one unbelievably sexy woman, too.
Old 08-17-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

How bizarre. For some reason DirecTV didn't catch this for me yesterday. 1st time it's missed it. I'll get the reair, but that's not until next week.
Old 08-17-13, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,019 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by dstrauss
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the heck out of this show. Certainly more than the other summer sci-fi options such as "Under the Dome" and "Falling Skies."

Lexa Doig is one unbelievably sexy woman, too.
Agreed with all of the above. Continuum has some problems, but the only better current sci-fi show I can think of is Orphan Black (which, I know, isn't airing this summer).

I was surprised that they got the whole Arc sphere together in this episode. I expected them to obtain the separate pieces more gradually.
Old 08-17-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Really great episode.

I really like how they are opening the show, gradually, not too slow, not too fast.

It's a show that can risk being too dumb at times (they have avoided that so far!), but they make changes in the plot just at the right time.
Old 08-18-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good episode. I can't quite grasp where they're going with Julian though. They go back and forth between making him look sympathetic and then looking like a monster.

Was the shot at the end supposed to indicate Escher getting a hold of the Arc technology? Not sure I understood how. He still doesn't have any piece of the arc, just info downloaded from it onto that memory stick or whatever it was that Emily pretended to destroy.
Old 08-19-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by hahn
Good episode. I can't quite grasp where they're going with Julian though. They go back and forth between making him look sympathetic and then looking like a monster.

Was the shot at the end supposed to indicate Escher getting a hold of the Arc technology? Not sure I understood how. He still doesn't have any piece of the arc, just info downloaded from it onto that memory stick or whatever it was that Emily pretended to destroy.
Arc is Alec's real time surveillance system not the time traveling device. He uses Kiera's chip as the powerful CPU to process the information. Alec wanted to destroy it after he say what it could do in the wrong hands.
Old 08-23-13, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Was late getting to this past episode.

Good episode, but felt heavy.

They are taking a long time to address the Gardner murder from several weeks ago. Crazy how people chalk stuff off.

Seems like a lot of motivations are becoming more blurry. Alec seems a little more sinister, Thesus is still murky, but Kellogg seems like he's up to more than he has led on, and Escher is getting supper creepy.

So Escher is Pyron? I don't know if it has been there all along, but I noticed several Pyron building signs in the opening credits future montage.

I think it would be interesting for S3 if Kira and Carlos have to work with Liber8 to stop Escher and the Freelancers.