DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Talking Bad (Breaking Bad post show) -- Premieres 8/11/13 (AMC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/612692-talking-bad-breaking-bad-post-show-premieres-8-11-13-amc.html)

DJariya 01-25-13 02:44 PM

AMC greenlights Talking Bad (Breaking Bad 1/2 Hour Post Show)

EXCLUSIVE: Breaking Bad may be getting The Walking Dead treatment for the upcoming conclusion of the series’ fifth and final season with a companion talk show. I’ve learned that AMC is planning a live after-show to accompany the final eight episodes of Vince Gilligan’s dark drama starring Bryan Cranston. In the mold of Talking Dead, I hear the Breaking Bad talk show would be titled Talking Bad and also be half-hour. Michael Davies’ Embassy Row, which produces Talking Dead, would also handle Talking Bad.

Talking Dead is AMC’s first live after-show where the latest episode of hit zombie drama The Walking Dead is recapped and developments are discussed with Walking Dead actors, producers as well as fans. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, Talking Dead airs Sundays, immediately following the encore presentation of The Walking Dead. It premiered in 2011, in conjunction with the second season of Walking Dead.

I think this might actually a really good idea for the last 8 episodes. I think it will be cool to hear from Vince Gilligan, Paul, Cranston and other cast members after the episodes air and learn more about the episode. Hope they hire a good host.

Deftones 01-25-13 02:51 PM

Re: AMC greenlights Talking Bad (Breaking Bad 1/2 Hour Post Show)

A little late for this, no? :lol:

DJariya 01-25-13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11554218)

:lol: I like the idea, but yeah I have agree super late. They should have done this during the 1st 8 episodes at least.

bluetoast 01-25-13 03:04 PM

On the one hand it can be a good thing for fans of the final 8. But on the other hand I like to let episodes breathe after being aired. You hear Chris Hardwick yelling at the TV immediately after TWD ends, and then some of the writers on TWD would talk about what they deleted, or what's upcoming and that's not necessary for the enjoyment of the series, although I do watch from time to time and it's interesting. But also Ronald D. Moore would do an interview during the last season of BSG each week answering questions about the preceding episode, as if the show couldn't do all the "talking" so to speak.

dino88 01-26-13 03:14 AM

I'm all for more Breaking Bad content, no matter how we can get it.

EXCLUSIVE: Breaking Bad may be getting The Walking Dead treatment for the upcoming conclusion of the series’ fifth and final season with a companion talk show. I’ve learned that AMC is planning a live after-show to accompany the final eight episodes of Vince Gilligan’s dark drama starring Bryan Cranston. In the mold of Talking Dead, I hear the Breaking Bad talk show would be titled Talking Bad and also be half-hour. Michael Davies’ Embassy Row, which produces Talking Dead, would also handle Talking Bad.
I believe Talking Dead is going to be an hour long when it returns. At least that's what I remember Chris Hardwick saying during the mid-season finale.

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 11554237)
On the one hand it can be a good thing for fans of the final 8. But on the other hand I like to let episodes breathe after being aired. You hear Chris Hardwick yelling at the TV immediately after TWD ends, and then some of the writers on TWD would talk about what they deleted, or what's upcoming and that's not necessary for the enjoyment of the series, although I do watch from time to time and it's interesting. But also Ronald D. Moore would do an interview during the last season of BSG each week answering questions about the preceding episode, as if the show couldn't do all the "talking" so to speak.

Record it and watch it later in the week.

Geofferson 01-26-13 04:32 AM

Seems like an appropriate move by AMC. Yeah, I agree it's a little late.

Jackskeleton 01-26-13 05:42 AM

Oh great, we're going to get a Chris Hardwick douche host interrupt during the commercial breaks of the show with something completely contrary to the scene that just cut to break and deal with shit like

Hash tag #Makingthatmoney or #Hankdroppedaload

Gizmo 01-26-13 10:23 AM

This could be really cool!

DRG 01-26-13 10:31 AM

Maybe after The Killing they can do a show called The Talking where the producers and writers are forced to answer for the previous hour.

Osiris3657 01-26-13 10:36 AM

Great, more that giant adam's apple to deal with. Fuck talking dead and talking bad.

Tarantino 01-26-13 11:28 AM

I don't watch Breaking Bad on TV, so this'll be okay for me. I'll probably wait until I finish the series to go back and watch the after show.

Nesbit 01-26-13 12:03 PM

As long as they're continuing with the weekly production podcast I'm cool with this.

bootsy 01-26-13 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11554218)

Yes indeed. This should have been done 3 seasons ago. They need to do this for all their top shows.

Cellar Door 01-26-13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nesbit (Post 11555234)
As long as they're continuing with the weekly production podcast I'm cool with this.

:thumbsup:

The podcast rocks!

Mike86 01-26-13 04:43 PM

I dunno I'll probably watch it but I think these after show discussion shows are kinda dumb to be honest. I'd rather just have a nice comprehensive documentary on the series and commentaries on the Blu-rays personally. Don't need a filler show with some lame host, especially when there's only eight episodes of the series left anyways.

mdc3000 01-26-13 07:43 PM

I've been wanting a show like this ever since Talking Dead premiered, so I am in - I love chatting Breaking Bad at work after it has aired, so this will just be more fodder for the water cooler :)

auto 01-26-13 10:00 PM

I'm in, but kind of glad they didn't get it started any earlier.

Drexl 01-26-13 10:04 PM

They should be having dinner so they can call it "Breaking Bread."

AVP77 01-27-13 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 11555679)
They should be having dinner so they can call it "Breaking Bread."

http://i.imgur.com/2qHP3Dl.jpg

It's been done.

Damfino 01-27-13 03:06 PM

Better late than never! and it better not interfere with the Podcast which has been awesome over the years.

majorjoe23 01-27-13 03:29 PM

When do we get Talking Mad?

DJariya 08-11-13 04:17 AM

Talking Bad (Breaking Bad post show) -- Premieres 8/11/13 (AMC)

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/5517/vlw9.jpg

This Sunday at 11/10c, AMC premieres its all-new unscripted series Talking Bad, an after show for the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad hosted by Chris Hardwick. Joining Hardwick for the premiere will be Breaking Bad creator and executive producer Vince Gilligan as well as actress Julie Bowen (Modern Family). They’ll be taking questions LIVE during the broadcast so log on to AMCTalkingBad.com now to submit your queries. After you watch Talking Bad on-air, come back to AMC.com the next day to watch an exclusive bonus segment of the after show.

I never watched Talking Dead, but I'll check out Talking Bad for it's 8 week run. I don't know if there will be much to talk about. And I don't know how many of you here will stay up until 11:30pm watching this on Sunday night since a lot of you probably have to work. But, here's a thread for anyone to talk about what was discussed on the show.

Cellar Door 08-11-13 04:49 AM

Re: Talking Bad (Breaking Bad post show) -- Premieres 8/11/13 (AMC)

I'll probably watch, but I've never been impressed with Talking Dead, so my expectations are really low.

I would recommend for anyone interested in some great behind the scenes info to listen to the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast. The host is one of the show's editors and Vince Gilligan appears in many of the episodes.

Mike86 08-11-13 10:11 AM

I'll probably watch it just because it's Breaking Bad related. It doesn't seem like it was exactly necessary though, especially at this point in the show's life.

Groucho 08-11-13 10:35 AM

I thought Talking Dead was a gigantic bore, so I'll be skipping this.