DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Talking Bad (Breaking Bad post show) -- Premieres 8/11/13 (AMC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/612692-talking-bad-breaking-bad-post-show-premieres-8-11-13-amc.html)

islandclaws 08-11-13 12:45 PM

Re: Talking Bad (Breaking Bad post show) -- Premieres 8/11/13 (AMC)

Even if Talking Dead wasn't interminable (and it is), Hardwick's annoying personality will be enough to keep me away.

OldBoy 08-11-13 12:57 PM

i'm always afraid they will give something away, even little, when i watch these post show shows.

Throwing Copper 08-11-13 05:53 PM

Can someone explain to me why Julie Bowen from Modern Family is on this tonight?

Seems weird. Does she have some connection to Breaking Bad?

DJariya 08-11-13 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper (Post 11795081)
Can someone explain to me why Julie Bowen from Modern Family is on this tonight?

:shrug: she's a fan of the show I assume.

Didn't Talking Dead have guests who weren't affiliated with Walking Dead?

fumanstan 08-11-13 06:03 PM

Yeah, Talking Dead just had random celebrities on.

Cellar Door 08-11-13 06:29 PM

Yep, in addition to someone actually involved with the show, expect a random celebrity guest each week. (if they follow the Talking Dead format)

aktick 08-11-13 07:53 PM

Thanks, now I've gotta watch. :mad:

DJariya 08-11-13 07:59 PM

One of my colleagues who is a freelance technical director is working the show tonight. This is what they were serving to the crew:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...17405823_n.jpg

PenguinJoe 08-11-13 09:20 PM

I don't watch Talking Dead, but Gayle from Breaking Bad is on Low Winter Sun as an Internal Affair Officer, weird.

Mike86 08-12-13 12:27 AM

Wasn't a bad little wrap show I guess. I'll probably keep on watching if Gilligan will be on each week. I wonder if these will be included in the Blu-ray set once Season Five B comes out.

windom 08-12-13 12:37 AM

Can someone explain to me who the hell "Mr. Chips" is? I've heard the comparison from the Villigan repeatedly but I have never heard of Mr. Chips outside of this. And, yes...I am too lazy to Google it. I'm 42 years old, should I know who Mr. Chips is?

JumpCutz 08-12-13 12:49 AM

In short, a very decent man with an old world morality. Based on a book by James Hilton, and eventually made into a feature film (and later remade).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_Mr._Chips

boogieman03 08-12-13 01:02 AM

I thought the same thing.
She was pretty good on the show. Kinda funny, and could talk about the show reasonably well.

My Other Self 08-12-13 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 11795374)
Wasn't a bad little wrap show I guess. I'll probably keep on watching if Gilligan will be on each week.

They made it sound like it will be a rotation of cast/crew along with a celebrity fan each week.

Cellar Door 08-12-13 01:09 AM

Yeah, I don't think Gilligan will be on next week. Hardwick said next week will be a cast member.

fumanstan 08-12-13 01:16 AM

I enjoyed it, although I get some enjoyment out of Talking Dead too, its just not a must watch. It was actually fun listening to Julie Bowen talk about the show.

dino88 08-12-13 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 11795374)
Wasn't a bad little wrap show I guess. I'll probably keep on watching if Gilligan will be on each week. I wonder if these will be included in the Blu-ray set once Season Five B comes out.

I doubt they will. Talking Dead isn't included in The Walking Dead sets.

And like others have said, Gilligan won't be on every week. They just said he'll give a sneak peek for the next episode every week, so he'll probably just record a short video next week.

My Other Self 08-12-13 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 11795417)
They just said he'll give a sneak peek for the next episode ever week, so he'll probably just record a short video for next week.

They didn't specifically say he would be giving away the snippet, just that a morsel would be given away every week. I'm sure there will be writers on in addition to cast that will tell of something.

DJariya 08-12-13 02:17 AM

That 30 minutes went by really fast. I liked Julie Bowen. She was really passionate talking about the show.

That Heisenberg shirt that Gilligan was wearing was sweet!! I'd love to be able to purchase it.

Mike86 08-12-13 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 11795417)
I doubt they will. Talking Dead isn't included in The Walking Dead sets.

And like others have said, Gilligan won't be on every week. They just said he'll give a sneak peek for the next episode every week, so he'll probably just record a short video next week.

Ah I misunderstood I guess. I thought that he was going to be on each week and didn't realize that he would just be on a short little bit giving a sneak preview of the next episode.

Arthur Dent 08-12-13 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by My Other Self (Post 11795418)
They didn't specifically say he would be giving away the snippet, just that a morsel would be given away every week.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they did. I wasn't giving the show my full attention, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, though.

My Other Self 08-12-13 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Arthur Dent (Post 11795446)
Actually, I'm pretty sure they did. I wasn't giving the show my full attention, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, though.

I just rewatched that part near the end of the episode and he did say Vince was the only person that could give anything away pertaining to the final 7, so my bad. I wasn't giving it my full attention, either.

Throwing Copper 08-12-13 03:50 AM

I just watched this and Julie Bowen is as cute as ever. :thumbsup:

It's also nice to have a celebrity participate who is a HUGE fan of the show. Hell, she could've done the whole damn episode herself. Great to see that enthusiasm.

DJariya 08-12-13 04:03 AM

I liked how Julie was really inquisitive to Gilligan about the scene where Walt was insisting to Jesse that he believe him.

DJariya 08-12-13 04:13 AM

https://sphotos-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...38766606_n.jpg

Really awesome shirt that Vince Gilligan wore tonight. I wonder if it's for sale anywhere. I checked the Breaking Bad store that Hardwick teased on the show, but the shirt wasn't listed.