TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter -- "Dress Code" -- 8/11/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-13, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Dexter -- "Dress Code" -- 8/11/13

Synopsis:

Dexter tracks down Hannah to see why she is back in Miami. Also: Dexter takes on a protégé and begins teaching him the Code.

Episode 7 of 12
Old 08-11-13, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Dress Code" -- 8/11/13

Didn't Dexter buy the apartment next to him and expand into it? Wouldn't that be Cassie's apartment? Or is there an apartment behind Dexter's that he expanded into?

Also, the layout of Cassie's apartment didn't make sense. It looked like there was a window where the wall with Dexter's apartment was. They probably just redressed Dexter's apartment set to be hers.
Old 08-11-13, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He actually extended his apartment into the 4th dimension, so we can't really see it.

Thought this episode was better than the past few.

No surprise on cassie biting it. I am a bit stumped as to why they are spending so much time with masuka's daughter.
Old 08-11-13, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Becky Sproles titties!!
Old 08-11-13, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave99
I am a bit stumped as to why they are spending so much time with masuka's daughter.
Probably because Masuka was the only supporting character left who hadn't gotten an annoying sublot. I joked to friends earlier this year that I wouldn't mind if they killed everybody but Masuka on the final season of Dexter b/c I was still ok with Vince.

To be fair though, I didn't really mind Becky Sproles doing that scene. If only the other FNL girl on True Blood would have done the same.
Old 08-11-13, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good episode, but everything pales when watched after Breaking Bad. Too bad.
Old 08-11-13, 10:02 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Good episode, but everything pales when watched after Breaking Bad. Too bad.
That's why I watched Dexter live then BB to fast forward through commercials.
Old 08-11-13, 11:27 PM
Suspended

Titties!
Old 08-12-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I thought this was another solid episode. Hannah coming back and wanting Dexter to kill her husband was a bit of a surprise to me. I sort of figured that Dexter would just end up killing them both but his emotions are getting the better of him. Sort of seems like her and the hatred that Deb has for her and wanting to turn her in could lead to Dexter's downfall. I'm thinking either Dexter helps her try to escape or tries to escape with her to live out a life with her.

Also Zach killing Cassie I half expected but I almost thought she was going to be playing a role of someone who was looking into Dexter. So in a way I was a bit surprised by it too.

Also have to say Masuka's daughter is definitely hot. Totally knew when she said she worked in some bar that it was going to be a strip joint or some kind of topless bar. Masuka's reaction was great. I don't mind that the writers have given him a bit more to do this year I just wonder why they chose to do it in the final season rather than earlier on.

The season is going by really fast and really can't believe there's only five left for the series. While the show has had some rocky moments I think some people are too hard on it at times. This season has been a fairly good sendoff for the series to me thus far.
Old 08-12-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Unlike Mike86 I think this last season so far is unbelievably safe, boring and a retread of so many plolines from other seasons. Masuka's storyline might actually be the most interesting one. They could have done so much with this season and we get this. Such a shadow of what it was
Old 08-12-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, Dexter's voice overs are really grating on me. I don't remember them being "super obvious" as they have been lately.

Sad to see Cassie die, but I also had questions about her apartment, which I thought was the nanny's.
Zach is a douche and should die violently.

Becky Sproles titties!!
Titties!

Last edited by boogieman03; 08-12-13 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-12-13, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, was not expecting to see Madison Burge's tits. That was a pleasant surprise.

at Vince's reaction.

Aww, that was sad seeing Cassie die such a violent death.

There goes another potential Apprentice.

Zach really needs to die a really violent death. And I agree he was such a douche in this episode.
Old 08-12-13, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Dave99
I am a bit stumped as to why they are spending so much time with masuka's daughter.
I have to agree with you here. I didn't mind her tonight, for selfish reasons, but I wonder where this storyline is heading.
Old 08-12-13, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Forgot to mention that Julian Sands was wasted in this episode. He's a pretty decent B-list actor and honestly that was a pretty thankless role playing Hanna's abusive husband. And then to get killed off like that?
Old 08-12-13, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Everyone and everything is wasted this season. It's the final one for fuck's sake and nothing is happening! Just a lot of feet dragging and pointless stories with minor side characters.
And it started off so well. Sad.
Old 08-12-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gunde
Everyone and everything is wasted this season. It's the final one for fuck's sake and nothing is happening! Just a lot of feet dragging and pointless stories with minor side characters.
Unfortunately agree 100%.

I just had to check what episode was this, 7 of 12. Fuck! I wish it was already episode 10.
Old 08-12-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
agreed. I'm finishing this season out because I've been w/ the show since the start...

I really should watch this before Breaking Bad...as watching afterwards brings home the point of the MASSIVE gulf of quality difference in writing between them. ugh. So disappointing this show is going out so poorly
Old 08-12-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

These writers really know how to derail an entire season. What started out as very promising has quickly turned into the lamest season in the history of this show. The show is limping to an ending with absolutely no suspense. They needed to go all out for the final season, but instead they decided to make it business as usual.
Old 08-12-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think that Zach is the one who killed Cassie. She was talking to Deb about how she was not interested in guys who were obviously into her and she seemed to maybe have a thing for Dexter. I'm betting she told her "boyfriend" she wasn't really interested and he freaked out and killed her. Just a feeling... maybe he'll have something in his past turn up (like stalking) when he's checked out... regardless of whether Quinn thinks Zach killed Cassie or not, they should still do a background and check the bf's alibi.
Old 08-12-13, 02:04 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
I don't think that Zach is the one who killed Cassie. She was talking to Deb about how she was not interested in guys who were obviously into her and she seemed to maybe have a thing for Dexter. I'm betting she told her "boyfriend" she wasn't really interested and he freaked out and killed her. Just a feeling... maybe he'll have something in his past turn up (like stalking) when he's checked out... regardless of whether Quinn thinks Zach killed Cassie or not, they should still do a background and check the bf's alibi.

But this is the Miami Metro on Dexter...
Old 08-12-13, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
These writers really know how to derail an entire season. What started out as very promising has quickly turned into the lamest season in the history of this show. The show is limping to an ending with absolutely no suspense. They needed to go all out for the final season, but instead they decided to make it business as usual.
This season seems to get worse by the episode. I enjoyed the Vogel character when she first appeared but she's gotten really boring and seems to be a one note character. I enjoyed the third episode as well since it seemed to focus on Deb and her problems.

Onto this episode--what a snoozer. Agree with DJariya, Zach (both the actor playing him and the character) was horrible this episode.

Some of the dialogue was really cheesy as it was soap opera like. They did a quick turn on the Hannah storyline. Too bad we've already seen most of that stuff in Season 7. Not sure why they want to drudge it back up. And why did she actually poison their drinks again? The explanation given didn't really make that much sense.

at Dexter wanting to be not seen in public with Zac. Yet he shows up with him at the club where a bunch of people can see them.

They need to just kill off the voiceovers. They're treating the audience like brain dead morons with that.

I don't like the Quinn/Jamie storyline. But watching Quinn's face after Jamie told him she wanted him to move in with him was hilarious.
Old 08-12-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
But this is the Miami Metro on Dexter...
Yes, I know it's only a tv show... but, if my guess turns out to be true, this will probably be how they find out that Zach didn't kill her. Angel will probably order Quinn to do a thorough investigation and not fixate on Zach since they just had a run-in with the boy's lawyer.
Old 08-12-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I don't like the Quinn/Jamie storyline. But watching Quinn's face after Jamie told him she wanted him to move in with him was hilarious.
And then Quinn gets mad with Angel and out of spite tells him that he and Jamie or moving in together... poor Jamie

Wonder if Deb will wind up with Quinn or her new boss...
Old 08-12-13, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dexter was such a great show, now, not so much so. *sad face*
Old 08-12-13, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dexter was never a "great show"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.