TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- Season Premiere -- "Blood Money" -- 8/11/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- Season Premiere -- "Blood Money" -- 8/11/13

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Note that oranges fell out of the grocery bag.
The orange thing doesn't always mean death (even if it did in The Godfather), because we thought Beneke was dead and the falling oranges reflected that - but the premiere of the following season he was only paralyzed (although I suspect the writers changed his fate in the off-season because they did confirm he was dead at the time).
Old 08-14-13, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
The hair was real and not a disguise. Bad one if it is as he was easily recognized.
At the risk of causing more confusion, when you say real do you mean it was actually Bryan Cranston's hair or that it was supposed to actually be Walter White's real hair but was Bryan Cranston wearing fake hair?
Old 08-14-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I agree. I think this will turn in to a personal vendetta for Hank instead of involving the DEA, because at this point from other eyes it looks like Hank is just as involved as Walt is.
I think the more likely danger to Hank's career is that this happened right under his nose. They already removed his boss for Gus Fring happening right under his nose, right?
Old 08-14-13, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Does anyone else think Walt will take the Ricin for himself? I always thought in the end Walt would take the cowardly way out and off himself with it.
Old 08-14-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A ricin death is not the easy way out compared to a gunshot. It disrupts the function of organs and takes days to kill. Walt given his background would absolutely know how this works and is saving the ricin for somebody he wants to make suffer (Jesse or Hank?).

Another explanation could be that Jesse knows about the ricin and he has to prove it is still around for some reason (but I doubt it).
Old 08-14-13, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

<iframe width="612" height="375" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KWrRPohom3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-14-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Has anyone speculated on just what he might be planning to do with the M60? It seems he specifically requested that weapon, since he asked the guy if it came with a manual, and you don't specifically request a weapon like that unless you have a specific purpose for it. If he just wanted self-defense, or even to off someone, he would have asked for a pistol of some kind. What the hell would he possibly need a mountable automatic assault rifle for?
Old 08-14-13, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I'm starting to think he might not even plan on using it. Seems too obvious, that he'll simply go on a rampage.
Old 08-14-13, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Walt could also just be using a disguise (fake hair). He has the money for it.
I don't think chemo therapy is something people get addicted to.

The hair was real and not a disguise. Bad one if it is as he was easily recognized.
At the risk of causing more confusion, when you say real do you mean it was actually Bryan Cranston's hair or that it was supposed to actually be Walter White's real hair but was Bryan Cranston wearing fake hair?

The hair was real and not a disguise. Bad one (disguise) if it is (a disguise) as he was easily recognized.

Real hair is exactly what I said and meant.
Old 08-14-13, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The hair was real and not a disguise. Bad one (disguise) if it is (a disguise) as he was easily recognized.

Real hair is exactly what I said and meant.
No but what I'm getting at is did they actually take a big break from production and have Cranston grow that hair, or was it real hair (in the show universe) but make up department magic (in our universe).
Old 08-14-13, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Has anyone speculated on just what he might be planning to do with the M60? It seems he specifically requested that weapon, since he asked the guy if it came with a manual, and you don't specifically request a weapon like that unless you have a specific purpose for it. If he just wanted self-defense, or even to off someone, he would have asked for a pistol of some kind. What the hell would he possibly need a mountable automatic assault rifle for?
Originally Posted by aktick
^ I'm starting to think he might not even plan on using it. Seems too obvious, that he'll simply go on a rampage.
It could be there for sheer intimidation, though you don't necessarily need a manual to mount is on something and scare the shit of out somebody with it.
Old 08-15-13, 12:30 AM

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,137 Posts

I binge watched seasons 3-5.1 over the last ten days or so and just watched Sunday's episode. Great, great stuff. We don't have cable so we got the Amazon season pass and I'm excited to watch this with everyone "live."

My predictions:
Spoiler:

- Walt is the person who spraypainted Heisenberg in his home and we'll see it happen this season.
- Hank and Jesse team up somehow to overthrow Walt - OR - Hank and Walt team up to bring down Madrigal, cartel, every single drug deal they can get their hands on - OR - both!
- Jesse will find out Walt poisoned Brock after Holly crawls under the house and eats some of the Lily of the Valley which has now spread and is thriving under the house and is killed from the poisoning. I'm pretty sure I remember that Walt put the plant under the house in season 5.1, correct? If he didn't then I'm way off but otherwise Holly's death is what forces Skyler and/or Hank / Jesse to expose Walt so that Walt runs and comes back for a final showdown with a Skyler / Hank / Jesse combo or solo. Probably Jesse.

That potential storyline would be pretty extreme and upsetting to watch but I think it could happen.

Also, watching Walt get a free breakfast at Denny's on Saturday inspired me to go to Denny's with my wife's ID on Sunday to get her a free breakfast-in-bed on her birthday! Thank you, Breaking Bad!

Last edited by story; 08-15-13 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-15-13, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No but what I'm getting at is did they actually take a big break from production and have Cranston grow that hair, or was it real hair (in the show universe) but make up department magic (in our universe).
Originally Posted by RoyalTea
I heard the flash forward scene was filmed first, so that Bryan Cranston could shoot the scenes with his real hair. Which meant they thought trashing the house and putting it back together was more important than Cranston wearing a wig.
Old 08-15-13, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They said on Bloomberg this morning that 30 second ads are selling for as much as $300,000 for Breaking Bad. They made it sound like that was a cable record.
Old 08-15-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Cranston grew his hair back during the long production hiatus. I saw him on some award show during the production hiatus with all his hair back. Every TV show shoots scenes out of order. All of the flash forward scenes were probably written early so they could be filmed 1st, then he would shave his head for the remainder of production.
Old 08-15-13, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Cranston grew his hair back during the long production hiatus. I saw him on some award show during the production hiatus with all his hair back. Every TV show shoots scenes out of order. All of the flash forward scenes were probably written early so they could be filmed 1st, then he would shave his head for the remainder of production.
What he said!
Old 08-15-13, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Roger that. It does surprise me that they'd rather trash the house than either take a big break and shoot that stuff very last or have him wear a wig.
Old 08-18-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rewatching it now and noticed something about the opening. Walt's front door was missing the door knob and middle deadbolt. There were just empty holes where they should have been. It wasn't done by vandals because the top deadbolt was still engaged. The second thing was the obviously opened air vent in the baby's room where Walt used to hide his cash.

Also a comment my daughter made about how the neighbor's would never accept a house near them being left in that condition bringing down property values unless there were extreme circumstances.